Track 13 - Play on Playa
    6/10

Track 14 - Can't Forget About You
    9/10

Track 15 - Hustlers
    9/10

Track 16 - Hope
    10/10
    Last edited by Exodus; 08-01-2007 at 12:59 PM.

Suga Duga

Black Republicans was one of my favorite tracks in 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Illegitimate Devil View Post
    Black Republicans was one of my favorite tracks in 2006
    yeah, Black Republicans and RAGU were probably the two best collaborations of 06

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Track 1 - Money over Bullshit
    8/10

Track 2 - You Can't Kill Me
    7/10

Track 3 - Carry on Tradition
    7/10

Track 4 - Where are they now
    8/10

Track 5 - Hip-Hop is Dead
    7/10

Track 6 - Who Killed It?
    7/10

Track 7 - Black Republicans
    9/10 - it is a great song, but it ain't a ten

Track 8 - Not Going Back
    6/10

Track 9 - Still Dreaming
    7/10 - I hoped for a better beat

Track 10 - Hold Down the Block
    8/10

Track 11 - Blunt Ashes
    8/10 - crazy track

Track 12 - Let There Be Light
    10/10

Track 13 - Play on Playa
    6/10

Track 14 - Can't Forget About You
    8/10

Track 15 - Hustlers
    8.5/10

Track 16 - Hope
    10/10 - just cuz it is what it is

a pretty consistent album...NaS is still one of the greats!

I downloaded this album and deleted it. I just HATED the production of it, I expect people to get all sandy vagina about that, but it's just not my style.

Nas didn't seem to be at his best, which is near top 5 of all time, still good but I just didn't like the album. I only gave it a couple of spins though, skipped halfway through a lot of songs, didn't even save one.

Personal classic to me.

my favorite songs are:

Money over Bullshit, Carry on Tradition, Hip-Hop is Dead, Who Killed It?, Black Republicans, Not Going Back, Still Dreaming, Hold Down the Block, Blunt Ashes, Let There Be Light, Play on Playa, Can't Forget About You, Hustlers

Nas is a legend in the making, if his next album is hotter than this its solidified.

Quote Originally Posted by HarlemDiplomat View Post
    Personal classic to me.

my favorite songs are:

Money over Bullshit, Carry on Tradition, Hip-Hop is Dead, Who Killed It?, Black Republicans, Not Going Back, Still Dreaming, Hold Down the Block, Blunt Ashes, Let There Be Light, Play on Playa, Can't Forget About You, Hustlers

Nas is a legend in the making, if his next album is hotter than this its solidified.
    LOL...2 things

he is already a legend....and u named almost the whole album as your fav. song ....ok, but I guess, u really like it....my fav. song for some months now is Let There Be Light....this is the kind of tracks I love from him...

The first 4 songs are dope especially money over bullshit. I didnt like the beats on them when i first heard them but they grew on me an Nas kills them. Blunt Ashes and Hold Down the Block are two of my other favourites. The rest is fuckin average. Play on playa is SHIT fuckin snoop dogg with a whack verse, hustlers is shit, all that "Dre he a compton comptom OG, Nas he a QB QB true G is plain fuckin annoyin, Not Going Back is boring afer youve heard it once, and let there be light has a good beat but is RUINED by that retarded singin. And did ever hear the original version of Hope with the beat? If that beat were on the album it would have been the best. It is such a fuckin dope beat, i cant beleive he took it off.
    Anyways it has good points and bad. I give it 6.5 outta 10 i think.

-

Wack album. I wasn't impressed. Nas is still good lyrically but the beats sucked. I don't know why so many people are on Nas's dick. Ya'll Nas fans act like he can't make bad albums. Even when he makes bad albums, ya'll Nas fans still praise his bad albums. Whatever. I stopped liking him after It Was Written album because he became too commercial and then when Jay-Z dissed him, he decided to go back to being hard LOL. He should've continued to do hard songs anyway instead of switching up trying to crossover and be a star. Too many rappers wanna be stars instead of just making good hardcore gutter music.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Default Go

I rate it a 6/10, which makes a decent album. Nas is one of my favorite mc's and i was very disappointed with this album.

The lyrics were mostly on point, but the beats were terrible. Also.. the cd has totally NO replay value. After the first spin, every other time you listen to this cd it's just plain boring.

Also weak songs like Hustlers, Play on Playa don't help the cd either.
    ________
    cloudy trichomes
    Last edited by beardman; 02-01-2011 at 08:52 AM.

-

LOL@Play On Playa song with Snoop Dogg. Why do so many rappers collaborate with Snoop? LOL. Marvin Gaye's After The Dance sample they use on Play On Playa is wack. Beardman you're right that the cd has no replay value. Illmatic is the only album of his i can listen to over and over again.

VERY dissapointing album! Lyrics - 8.5/10 Beats - 5/10 Overall - 7/10

same problem with every Nas album sans Illmatic; too much crappy production.
    Theres some classics on there though: Black Republican, Can't Forget About You, Still Dreaming, Let there Be Light

so much negativity. does anybody realize that there is absolutely nothing good about hip hop anymore. the genre has gone to shit. dirty south "rappers" are running this shit, destroying the game, and you are all hating on Nasty Nas and his classic, yes i said it, CLASSIC, album that actually shows that there might be a light at the end of this wack tunnel we are in.

This album is a milestone in hip hop. He said what we have all been thinking for quite sometime now, that hip hop is dead, and for all those retards that argue that it isn't dead, listen to the last song and you'll hear that he says it isn't dead.

Black Republicans is absolutely breath-taking

The album has tremendous replay value (i still listen to it straight through from time to time and when it first dropped i had it in the whip for a good month without listening to anything else)

Every track is solid (except for that weird shit after the title track, but fuck it, If I Ruled The World sucked and that album is still a classic)

This album is exactly what rap needed and it is definately a classic, maybe not timeless, but an absolute classic. We should all be happy to have seen this album drop

Quote Originally Posted by buckshotstheone View Post
    so much negativity. does anybody realize that there is absolutely nothing good about hip hop anymore. the genre has gone to shit. dirty south "rappers" are running this shit, destroying the game, and you are all hating on Nasty Nas and his classic, yes i said it, CLASSIC, album that actually shows that there might be a light at the end of this wack tunnel we are in.

This album is a milestone in hip hop. He said what we have all been thinking for quite sometime now, that hip hop is dead, and for all those retards that argue that it isn't dead, listen to the last song and you'll hear that he says it isn't dead.

Black Republicans is absolutely breath-taking

The album has tremendous replay value (i still listen to it straight through from time to time and when it first dropped i had it in the whip for a good month without listening to anything else)

Every track is solid (except for that weird shit after the title track, but fuck it, If I Ruled The World sucked and that album is still a classic)

This album is exactly what rap needed and it is definately a classic, maybe not timeless, but an absolute classic. We should all be happy to have seen this album drop

u don't know classic when u hear it... -> If I Ruled The World is an incredible track....