Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Which Song is Missing From Liquid Swords?

i think i miss old wu albums..

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
    fucking hell, this thread re occurs every few months, search for the earlier version.

the solution is, put the cd in your computer and itunes has the track listing correct.

unexplained is incorrectly highlighted on the back or some shit, i cant remember.

Liquid Swords
    Duel Of The Iron Mic
    Living In The World Today
    Swordsmen
    Cold World
    Labels
    4th Chamber
    Shadowboxin'
    Hell's Wind Staff/Killah Hills 10304
    Investigative Reports
    Gold
    I Gotcha' Back
    B.I.B.L.E. (Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth)

anyway, search for the other threads about it, the issue was cleared up im pretty sure.
    My apologies for the 15 year old thread bump, but this CD/iTunes mislabeling had me all fucked up back in the day.

Clearly the 4th track is truly "Gold", but off my actual LS cd, iTunes mislabeled it Swordsman

Then the Swordsman track (#11) was called Gold.

Gotta love the classic Wu mislabeling on their own ish...happened on Ironman too

Quote Originally Posted by Whips-n-Chains View Post
    My apologies for the 15 year old thread bump, but this CD/iTunes mislabeling had me all fucked up back in the day.

Clearly the 4th track is truly "Gold", but off my actual LS cd, iTunes mislabeled it Swordsman

Then the Swordsman track (#11) was called Gold.

Gotta love the classic Wu mislabeling on their own ish...happened on Ironman too
    Continued with The W and BPW
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Mauling Panda's Rampage Dominus Santorini's Avatar

RZA claimed in the late 90s the mislabeling was to deter bootleggers

PRODIGAL SUN

I have the first pressing vinyl

on the vinyl record itself, it labels track 11, Unexplained

Its clearly the name of the track because gza is explaining mystifying things.

“Scared to split poles, duck black cats, once in a while, threw salt over my back. But with knowledge of self, im off the shelf, made things that seemed complicated, small like elves. So turn off the lights, light a candle, and have a sceance, pull the lid off the dean martin scandal , witches warlocks spooks and holy ghosts, rza lets defraud the hoax”

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    I have the first pressing vinyl

on the vinyl record itself, it labels track 11, Unexplained

Its clearly the name of the track because gza is explaining mystifying things.

“Scared to split poles, duck black cats, once in a while, threw salt over my back. But with knowledge of self, im off the shelf, made things that seemed complicated, small like elves. So turn off the lights, light a candle, and have a sceance, pull the lid off the dean martin scandal , witches warlocks spooks and holy ghosts, rza lets defraud the hoax”
    The back of your vinyl wasn't the same as the back of the CD case?

Looking like this, with the names of the songs highlighted but in no particular order:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...HL._SX522_.jpg

If Unexplained is #11, which track is listed as Swordsman?

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Whips-n-Chains View Post
    The back of your vinyl wasn't the same as the back of the CD case?

Looking like this, with the names of the songs highlighted but in no particular order:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...HL._SX522_.jpg

If Unexplained is #11, which track is listed as Swordsman?
    it has the same back cover with the highlighted tracks

but on the actual vinyl where it lists the songs, it says unexplained for traco 11, not swordsman. Swordsman is not listed on the actual vinyl at all, just on the back cover and inside like the cd.

Whether or not there was an actual swordman song i cannot say. Imo its the skit about how the sword makes a sound of wind.

​but track 11 is really unexplained. All other things idk.

Veteran Member

This appears to be the first pressing of the vinyl and the track is labeled Swordsman...so at least some vinyls called it that

https://www.discogs.com/release/2081...U6ODcxNTcwNjk=

Off topic, but I just watched the Liquid Swords episode of An American Saga and I think it's the first time I realized that every member made an appearance on that album! I think this was my favorite episode.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    This appears to be the first pressing of the vinyl and the track is labeled Swordsman...so at least some vinyls called it that

https://www.discogs.com/release/2081...U6ODcxNTcwNjk=

Off topic, but I just watched the Liquid Swords episode of An American Saga and I think it's the first time I realized that every member made an appearance on that album! I think this was my favorite episode.
    Odb is technically on ironman as well for a few second end of album. Cuban had everyone show up for artwork at the least

and

actually yes, that is 1st issue

i have what appears to be a an actual geffen 1995 REISSUE bootleg that corrects the tracklist. I assume they didnt print enough so they made a whole nother set for europe because it says its an unofficial-official geffen european reissue. No doubt a way to sell records on the sly. But why the artwork edits?

as you can see in yhe link, the artwork is edited to fix what I figured , that swordsman is indeed called unexplained.

i bought this version because unexplained is my favorite song ever and I wanted it properly named.

Bootleg reissue with cover artwork, originally released in 1995. Red frame around art. Made by the label.

https://www.discogs.com/release/1587...-Liquid-Swords
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 01-17-2024 at 10:46 AM.

Veteran Member

^^^Dope!