Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No new music at Rock the Bells

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Axes View Post
    beer was $7
    thanks, not as bad as I expected.

Anyone has photos?
    Last edited by RynMur; 07-29-2007 at 01:59 PM.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

i videoed CREAM on my phone but unsure how to put it on computer.

The mics were fucked up for their performance, which seems to happen every time I see them for some reason.....
    Funny part was when the mics first started going out, Ghost said, "Aww not this shit again"....lol

yeah the bass was louder than all the other acts but yet the mics were lower than the other acts lol

that was the best concert ive ever been to, but ive seen wu before and i thought their set was almost going through the motions

they didnt really understand that everyone had been there for about 8 hours in the blistering sun with NO water (they sold out of it) and they played all their most sing along songs at the beginning and didnt even play shit off their new cd...they were the most disappointing act

CYPRESS AND RAGE get the most props but god damn everyone was so fuckin amazing Pharohe Monch killed it too and im not even a huge fan.

u r not teh reel jasper

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

did they play any new music at the sunday show??

Holdin down the North Eastern corner of the U.S. Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by rebel_i View Post
    did they play any new music at the sunday show??

Yea they did! But it doesn't really make any sense to play new songs that haven't come out yet at a concert. B/c no1 knowz the lyrics and can't sing along to it. Your just standing there like ok what the hell is that? Like back in '97 when Wu-tang 4ever came out in June, and then i went to the Wu/Rage concert in august. Wu performed all their classic shit and then performed some of their new shit off of wu-4ever! And it was sick! B/c i knew what the fuck they were playin but at the same time it was still new! You feel me? When you do new material at a concert that no1 ever heard before it doesn't have much of an impact. B/c people are lost. But yea i was there on sun. an they played i think one new song at the end. Rae was like this iz some new shit from the new album. But it sounded weak to me! I was like ooo-K! If thatz what we have to look forward too then i dunno if i'm too excited?
    Born intellectual...mind over matter...my mental splatter ya physical...so fast my movements are invisible...cut off the wingz to your trend...your not even that original

Holdin down the North Eastern corner of the U.S. Matrix

And Ghostface wasn't at the sun/ show for some reason? They had to sing his verses for him. I was like damn wheres Ghost at?
    Born intellectual...mind over matter...my mental splatter ya physical...so fast my movements are invisible...cut off the wingz to your trend...your not even that original

I was there Sat- and agree with Rebel-I it did feel like they were going through the motions. I 've seen WuTang over 15 times and the last few shows are getting repetitive. The ODB tribute, Meth saying the energy you give to us we give to you and this is NY our home... blah blah blah. I think it would've been nice to have them do some freestyles... top of the head. Show N Prove that Wu-Tang's still got it. We were out in the sun for 6 or so hours by the time Wu came out... headz was passing out left and right up front and everyone was blazed since Cypress came out just before. I think they should've come out with a hose and soaked everyone and the crowd would have had more fuckin energy.

We all bear witness to things like Masta Killah falling apart half the time and Ghost not being able to flow on Hot 97 in the morning. Dont get me wrong I think Wu-Tang is the best Hip Hop group of all time I just wished they'd mix it up. Have Ghost come out and do summertime... let Rza rip some shit off of BOAP... let Gza do Investigative Reports or the 4th Chamber...

You gotta give props to RZA killing it on Tearz though (fantastic)

I wonder if Wu hates Redman too, when he came out everyone got live again.
    Last edited by subhanallah; 07-30-2007 at 06:59 PM.
    allah is one

wuswordz95

i heard it rained allday then it got hot. how is that possible.
    is new york a tropical state

No rain on Saturday only Sunday.
    allah is one

I mentioned this in another post but on thursday night in Mansfield, MA, Meth did officially say that 8 Diagrams is complete. He gave no date as to when it drops but after he said all this, Raekwon asked the crowd if they wanted to hear a little. They played a quick verse from one track. Gave no track title and the sound system was so f'd I couldn't tell who's verse it even was. Rae cut it off before you could even get into it though.

"The game is to be sold, not to be told"

At the Ghost concert in Minneapolis last week he said that 8 diagrams is done and will be out in the fall.

yeah i get what ur sayin zig 9th... if they played new songs then people would have been really confused with what they were playing and meth would have been complaining even more about not getting enough energy from the crowd...

subhanallah is fuckin right too, if they had brought out a hose it woulda made things soooo much better. it was brutal out there on saturday i would have much rather had rain

i was there
    they played 2 tracks from it
    " I'm too ill/ I represent Park Hill/ See my face on the twenty dollar bill/ Cash it in, and get ten dollars back/
    The fat LP with Cappachino on the wax/ Pass it in your think, put valve up to twelve/ Put all the other LP's back on the shelf/ And smoke a blunt, and dial 9-1-7/ 1-6-0-4-9-3-11/ And you could get long dick hip-hop affection/ I damage any MC who step in my direction
    "

Quote Originally Posted by subhanallah View Post

I was there Sat- and agree with Rebel-I it did feel like they were going through the motions. I 've seen WuTang over 15 times and the last few shows are getting repetitive. The ODB tribute, Meth saying the energy you give to us we give to you and this is NY our home... blah blah blah. I think it would've been nice to have them do some freestyles... top of the head. Show N Prove that Wu-Tang's still got it. We were out in the sun for 6 or so hours by the time Wu came out... headz was passing out left and right up front and everyone was blazed since Cypress came out just before. I think they should've come out with a hose and soaked everyone and the crowd would have had more fuckin energy.

We all bear witness to things like Masta Killah falling apart half the time and Ghost not being able to flow on Hot 97 in the morning. Dont get me wrong I think Wu-Tang is the best Hip Hop group of all time I just wished they'd mix it up. Have Ghost come out and do summertime... let Rza rip some shit off of BOAP... let Gza do Investigative Reports or the 4th Chamber...

You gotta give props to RZA killing it on Tearz though (fantastic)

I wonder if Wu hates Redman too, when he came out everyone got live again.
    15 times.... u lost.....