Thread: Rock the Bells - Saturday 28th review.......

Default Rock the Bells - Saturday 28th review.......

first off i have to say, this is my 3rd time seeing them, and of course they kill it harder and harder each time that I see them(they switch up their tracks nicely). but the crowd sucked ass and it translated to the clan as what i knew what was going to happen......not everybody (like myself) was there to see great hip hop performances such as the gods EPMD & Pharoahe Monch but merely just to see Rage Against the Machine. they started to play tracks from Liquid Swords and cut it short and said "they ain't ready for that" basically stating the facts that the crowd wasn't with it for their set. shit, i thought GZA wasn't even there and then came out of nowhere half way through, and he couldn't get the crowd bumpin. I mean the crowd had their moments, but for most wu-tang concerts, usually you dont need the Clan to get everybody to make noise. dont get me wrong RATM brought the house down and i definatly enjoyed their performance. but the day seemed kinda tainted when Method Man said we just got back from germany and they were goin bananas and hinted that their crowd aka their home crowd wasn't nearly as live as fans across sea's. like i said, this is my 3rd time seeing them, and i've seen wu-tang (and solo members) in a venue not even a 1/3 of the size of rock the bells and I thought the floor was gonna cave in and each time walked out with little to no voice left. rock the bells was definalty a good time but next time, dont throw rage against the machine into the mix with a line up like that. Sure, RATM definatly represents an element of hip hop but nothing like how public enemy, cypress hill or blackstar do. they need to have another rock the bells or another festival like this and just keep it pure hip-hop and get everybody to show. like literally everybody from Hit Sqaud to Canibus.

wuswordz95

well atleast it seems like u had a good time. i too like rage. it seems like most were there to see rage. I hope the crowd in san bernindino shows love for every performer out there. I really thiought new york would go apeshit for the wu. could it be that europe has love for not just for the wu but for hip hop in general. hell if thats true I think rock the bells 08 should be moved to europe
    Last edited by wuswordz95; 07-29-2007 at 06:01 PM.

eloels, i bet they are doing that next^^

yeah there was an element missing from the Wu's performance i thought....they had everyone at the beginning and then they just started complaining and either mathematics or just the acoustics guy was fuckin up big time with their sound

they also played a really short set i thought...i must say that a MAJORITY of people were there to see Rage Against the Machine ( i was there equally for rage and all the other INCREDIBLE acts) so I dont think Wu Tang really understood that... they also didnt really understand the fact that people had been sitting in the hot sun with little water for 8 hours screaming their lungs out

there were a bunch of poser ass gothy kids with dreads and tight pants and a load of 40 year olds there just to see rage, and it ruined a lot of what could have been a sick show..

Happy I dint go.

L~>1<~NKS

SO FAR IT SEEMS THAT ROCK THE BELLZ IZ WACK.

HOPEFULLY MIAMI'S GON SMASH IT!

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

I was there, and outside of Rage, the crowd was most into Cypress and Wu. Not sure why Meth had to bitch as much, the crowd was pretty good for them. Sure it wasn't like a Wu show, but then again, it wasn't a Wu show. They need to understand that. There were pockets of kids, obviously there for Rage around me, but when Wu played their well known classics they started spitting all the words and nodding their heads...

Rage is only on this tour for like only two more dates, the rest is all hiphop anyway. So people wanting strictly hiphop in the other cities will def. get their wish.

But ya'll got to understand. This was Rage's first show in NY since getting back together. They haven't played live for a long time.

The reason a second Randall's island show was added, the reason Sat. sold out in 5 minutes, the reason they even had it in a venue as large as Randalls, is all b/c of RATM.

The parking lot was filled with cars from Virgina, Boston, and a lot of other cities outside of NY. People from Boston drove to NY even though they had a show already up there to see Rage b/c Rage didn't play in Boston.

What the fuck was up with the parking lot after the show and everyone getting high on helium from the balloons, that was a little weird I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Deini_ View Post
    there were a bunch of poser ass gothy kids with dreads and tight pants and a load of 40 year olds there just to see rage, and it ruined a lot of what could have been a sick show..
    Yeah, as I got back to Harlem off the bus, I went into McDonalds to use the bathroom and there was a guy in there and he was talking to his friend saying they can make it to see Rage. I could tell a lot of people there did not appreciate hip-hop. I took a walk over to the independent stage as FELT got on stage and made my way up to the front row - there were not too many people there. They killed it, the fans were into it, it was awesome. I was pissed off that I had to choose between Wu and DOOM, they made them at the same fucking time! I chose the Wu, but I've always wanted to see DOOM in concert as he is one of my favorites..

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

man wish i went man

Quote Originally Posted by iammzac View Post
    Yeah, as I got back to Harlem off the bus, I went into McDonalds to use the bathroom and there was a guy in there and he was talking to his friend saying they can make it to see Rage. I could tell a lot of people there did not appreciate hip-hop. I took a walk over to the independent stage as FELT got on stage and made my way up to the front row - there were not too many people there. They killed it, the fans were into it, it was awesome. I was pissed off that I had to choose between Wu and DOOM, they made them at the same fucking time! I chose the Wu, but I've always wanted to see DOOM in concert as he is one of my favorites..
    Finally some love for the paid in dues stage.

FRESH FISH

I was at the Sunday show. RAGE brought down the house. Wu was tight, but ghost was MIA. First time seeing both. What a day. Pure mudfights too cuz it rained for like a good 5 hrs right till the Cypress Hill set came on. Sure a majority of ppl was there to see RAGE. After their 2 dates, they probably ain't gonna perform live again. They fuckin rocked. Harder than the Wu!

Holdin down the North Eastern corner of the U.S. Matrix

I left right before Rage got on. It was too fuckin messy and muddy in there! It was terrible! Plus i figured i got to see Rage back in '97 when they were on tour with wu so i'm good.
    Born intellectual...mind over matter...my mental splatter ya physical...so fast my movements are invisible...cut off the wingz to your trend...your not even that original