Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you put your faith?

Default Where do you put your faith?

I think the only thing I can have faith in is myself knowing the creator is with me and all nature, everything else just is and was.

It took a lot of searching for me to come to that even though deep down its probably how I always felt.

Where do you put your faith and how/why did you come to putting your faith there?

Swollen Member

word, I don't put any faith in any organised religions...these are designed purely to divide us and maintain the status quo...

I put my faith in Allah and true Islam.

I was born and raised Muslim, but it was only around 18 and 19 that I was in a seriously bad place spiritually and decided to pick up my Qur'an and start reading it. It all made perfect sense to me in the gut and soul. I say those before my mind, because all too often, people allow their brains to over-react and eventually end up doing things like burning crosses on people's lawns and attaching c-4 to their bodies.

The gut instinct evolved way before the brain and should always be trusted first.

Why? Because I know for a fact that the life we live is temporary and I want to do all I can to prepare for the Hereafter, rather than just spend my time guessing and wasting time.
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

Beer

Teachin Da SeedZ

Veteran Member

I'm atheist/skeptic and I tend to gravitate toward the philosophies of existentialism and absurdism. I used to be very devout Catholic, but ever since I was a teenager I always had burning questions I couldn't answer. It kept occurring to me how it was possible for there to be so many religions in the world and only one of them right. I read a lot and like to hear different perspectives on things. After hearing lots of arguments against the concept of a one true God and deities in general I began to consider the possibility that there really is no "meaning" to life other than an idea created by man because of the fear of death. After I began reading Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Friedrich Nietzsche, I realized I agreed with a lot of his opinions about the institutions of state and religion, and I began to feel affirmation as an atheist. I can't say that I'm more happy or less happy than I was when I was religious, but I feel like I've removed a mental crutch that kept me from making sound decisions and opinions about life. I feel like I can make objective moral decisions now that are based on logic rather than ancient superstitions. I think morality in itself is a human construct, but that doesn't mean I find it useless. I hold a lot of values about how I treat other people and standards I think people should try to hold themselves to, I just don't believe it was handed down by some omnipotent force.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    I can make objective moral decisions
    Nietzsche would definitely disagree.

PRODIGAL SUN 2L8Lit da croatianMC's Avatar

i belive in myself, i put my faith in me, and exchanging knowledge that i have with others... I'm an Atheist, but i respect all religions and cultures, and way of thinking...and I also think weed helps mind to connect your thoughts, and it increases creativity a lot. many times i was just blazin alone, with music, just thinking and making conclusions, with either relationships, assignments or basically everthing... If I have some knowledge i expand it with mad thinking, puttin all perspectives to one, which is truth... I gotta pay my respects 4 that herb... a ganja trip a a path, I learned to follow, and yea fuck bad trips...
    I do belive there is something greater than us, from countless planets and galaxies, i think there must be more evolved life than us, in space generally speaking...
    Some things r unexplainable, as and Atheist i wont deny there aint God, or Satan, or spirits, Ghost Face Killah's whateva, cuz sometimes i feel crazy shit.... I actually belive, that when u smoked out, Devil tryna fuck up your trip, and gain your attention, so u can feel fucked up... like I was many times.. when i look at space sometimes it scares me... prolly cuz of its infinity, size, and mysterry... I basically belive in myself...
    I C.R.E.A.M

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by picturebloodbaths View Post
    Nietzsche would definitely disagree.
    How so? Nietzsche was all about trying to find "new virtues" or a system of conduct uninhibited by religious or state institutions. Basically he saw all of the current cultural restraints as outdated relics from a superstitious time. Because of science and modernity the world was not an unexplainable mythological place any more, and even religious people did not have the same "connection" to their beliefs any more, hence his aphorism "God is dead." Thus in order for human culture to survive, we must tear ourselves away from the old ways and find a new meaning for life ON earth instead of worrying about afterlives or service to nationalism.

How so? Nietzsche was all about trying to find "new virtues" or a system of conduct uninhibited by religious or state institutions. Basically he saw all of the current cultural restraints as outdated relics from a superstitious time. Because of science and modernity the world was not an unexplainable mythological place any more, and even religious people did not have the same "connection" to their beliefs any more, hence his aphorism "God is dead." Thus in order for human culture to survive, we must tear ourselves away from the old ways and find a new meaning for life ON earth instead of worrying about afterlives or service to nationalism.
    Tearing ourselves from our old way is what's destroying the earth now, and we're all going to pay the price for that.

metaphysics

I AM HIPHOP

i don`t really have faith in anything ... but i hope things will change in this matter
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55138
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54919
    Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm not going post more pictures of my dick, Style. You guys can forget about it!
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Some of ya'll that are having sex without condoms need to be careful because that shit ain't cool having sex with no condoms.

undefeatable

i have faith that if I work positively to improve myself and my sitiuation, one day I'll be where I belong.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy Capalini View Post
    Tearing ourselves from our old way is what's destroying the earth now, and we're all going to pay the price for that.
    lol I'm sure dependance on religious dogma, nationalism, racial pride, ethnocentrism, and age-old prujudices made the world such a great place hundreds of years ago.

And what's going to make us pay the price? God? psssshhhh.

Global warming/disasters caused by man? Well that's exactly why we need to look forward to new ways of thinking instead of lazily depending on things that are dyed-in-the-wool, like fossil fuels.

lol I'm sure dependance on religious dogma, nationalism, racial pride, ethnocentrism, and age-old prujudices made the world such a great place hundreds of years ago.

And what's going to make us pay the price? God? psssshhhh.

Global warming/disasters caused by man? Well that's exactly why we need to look forward to new ways of thinking instead of lazily depending on things that are dyed-in-the-wool, like fossil fuels.

A hundred years ago? Try thousands of years. You really need to study other cultures before you come running your mouth in KTL.

God isn't making us pay the price, we're doing it to ourselves. I don't know why you implied that. But I do agree with your last sentence.