Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where do you put your faith?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy Capalini View Post
    A hundred years ago? Try thousands of years. You really need to study other cultures before you come running your mouth in KTL.

God isn't making us pay the price, we're doing it to ourselves. I don't know why you implied that. But I do agree with your last sentence.
    How am I running my mouth?

Obviously that's been going on for thousands of years, dipshit. Obviously that means it's also been occurring for hundreds of years as well. But I'm not hear to pick apart semantics that have no bearing on the argument.

The fact of the matter is that you argued that pulling away from "old ways" is what is ruining the world, while I say it's obviously reliance on old outdated ways that makes the word horrible, and now you suddenly agree with me?

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    How am I running my mouth?

Obviously that's been going on for thousands of years, dipshit. Obviously that means it's also been occurring for hundreds of years as well. But I'm not hear to pick apart semantics that have no bearing on the argument.

The fact of the matter is that you argued that pulling away from "old ways" is what is ruining the world, while I say it's obviously reliance on old outdated ways that makes the word horrible, and now you suddenly agree with me?

Let's define "Old Ways" as ways that are enviromental friendly. So the "New, new ways" are actually the Old ways, re-invented with current technology.

Let's define the current state of the world as, "current ways." We need to change our "current ways" with current technology, and adapt the "old ways" to create the "New, new ways," to help us develop eviroment friendly technologies.

Try and keep up with me monkey boy.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy Capalini View Post
    Let's define "Old Ways" as ways that are enviromental friendly. So the "New, new ways" are actually the Old ways, re-invented with current technology.

Let's define the current state of the world as, "current ways." We need to change our "current ways" with current technology, and adapt the "old ways" to create the "New, new ways."

Try and keep up with me monkey boy.
    The only reason ancient people didn't destroy the environment on such a massive scale is that technology wasn't advanced to that point. They almost certainly destroyed ecosystems on a smaller scale. Look at what happened to slums in European and Asian cities when they became overcrowded.

Myself, i. self, lord, and master!

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
    Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
    Hell razah

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    The only reason ancient people didn't destroy the environment on such a massive scale is that technology wasn't advanced to that point. They almost certainly destroyed ecosystems on a smaller scale. Look at what happened to slums in European and Asian cities when they became overcrowded.

Now compare that to other cultures and tell me where they went wrong.

I wouldn't call any technology that has massive destructive effect on the enviroment "advanced."

the fact that to morow ill wake up next to the most wonderful girl in the world

good shes out of the room....
    the pound of the trainreck
    went to the woods, spent time alone, meditated under a waterfall climb to the highest peak of the mountain; now I'm back, enlightened, fully trained, to be the greatest Jackass the Corp has ever seen. all hail Me, you fucking Skruds.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMethods View Post
    Beer

Best answer in this thread.
    I just don't like you, thats all.

right now i'll admit i'm at shakey times faith wise. i've begun to look at everything a bit more openly, weighing all beliefs equally.

Christianity has always made sense to me perfectly as a religion, but nowadays i'm starting to view it otherwise, more or less on the same playing field as i used to look at other religion's as.

Taoism interests me at the moment... but there is more out there to find.