Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Most Disturbing Movie?

{>____<}

Robcop and Jaws

I saw those movies when I was a kid. I still hate them to this day.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Pink Flamingos....eloels...idk.

I can't believe Salo didn't disturb you. Maybe you don't have a soul. That movie is disturbing because it's not just shock-horror, it's actually intellectually and emotionally violating.

But, in seeing what you are after, I'd check out some of the Japanese horror movies if I were you (Like Tetsu the Ironman - I think that's what it's called). There's a ton of those that are beyond insanely fucked up. Or, I heard "I Spit on your Grave" is pretty messed up. Or you could watch "Eraserhead." There's also some Swedish movie, the name of which I can't think of, that Quentin Tarantino said he actually could only stomach the first half, had to leave it on a shelf for years, and then he finally watched the second half. If Tarantino said that, it must be pretty rough.

Good luck!

Also if you browse by keywords on IMDB you can find movies under themes that are really...really disturbing.

FRESH FISH

American Psycho was pretty disturbing to me but quite funny at the same time.

I hated House Of 1000 Corpses.... any movie involvin' Cannibalism disturbs me....

And Night Of The Living Dead.... the ending disturbed me in terms of Racism in Hollywood....
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=55925&dateline=119951  8518

THE CHEF LOVES MY MASTERPIECE

Banned

ive got i spit on your gave and it's pretty bad in terms of the whole rape and rape revenge but it won't really disturb anyone, except maybe females. the only part that really made me like un easy was she was in a bath with one of the rapists jacking him off then cut his dick off. there's a part where one of the rapists is in the water drowning and she reverse the power boat to save him and leans to pull him in the boat and hes leaning of the motor she starts it up and just merks the bastard. you won't be disturbed but rape movies i can't sit through. not my thing
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooty P View Post
    I can't believe Salo didn't disturb you. Maybe you don't have a soul. That movie is disturbing because it's not just shock-horror, it's actually intellectually and emotionally violating.

But, in seeing what you are after, I'd check out some of the Japanese horror movies if I were you (Like Tetsu the Ironman - I think that's what it's called). There's a ton of those that are beyond insanely fucked up. Or, I heard "I Spit on your Grave" is pretty messed up. Or you could watch "Eraserhead." There's also some Swedish movie, the name of which I can't think of, that Quentin Tarantino said he actually could only stomach the first half, had to leave it on a shelf for years, and then he finally watched the second half. If Tarantino said that, it must be pretty rough.

Good luck!
    Well it might have touched a snare there at first, but I'm a big Marquis de Sade fan so after all, I loved the movie.

I'm a collector of various movies and on of them are the most shocking flicks ever...
    And, well, all the movies mentioned here I have either seen or have them.

The last movie that shocked me the most must have been "Cannibal"....not psychological tho....but it's based on the true events of the German cannibal who placed an advertisment asking if there's someone out there who he could eat...
    Nice movie....

And yeah, Japanese cinema has some good ones, I think the "Guinea Pig Experiment" movies are the most disturbing and maybe the "Men behind The Sun" flicks, but that's about it.

I'm not nesceseraly lookin' for blood and gore....but still something that truely shocks.
    "The only way to a woman's heart is along the path
    of torment. I know none other as sure..."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rooty P View Post

Good luck!
    tarantino actually has said he despises violence, swearing and drugs.

no im not not joking
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Veteran Member

This is interesting, because I, too, enjoy tracking down exploitation movies from time to time, although I haven't gotten around to a lot of the ones you listed.

Takashi Miike movies are pretty graphic, but judging from your tastes they probably won't shock you too much. Audition is probably his best film, but I'm sure it would be tame for you. Ichi the Killer is extremely bloody and sadistic, but the cartoonish tone probably dilutes it. Miike also direced an episode for Showtime's Masters of Horror series entitled "Imprint" which was banned from American cable broadcast. It's not hard to see why.

Now, if you're looking for some pretty damn fucked up shit that are still actually films, you might have to do some searching. there are two I know of that are extremely rare, and one of them is probably impossible to get a hold of:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vase_de_Noces
    Vase de Noces (1974) is a Belgian arthouse film directed by Thierry Zéno and stars Dominique Garny. Better known by its English title, Wedding Trough, the film has never had an official theater release, but has been shown in film festivals around the world (notably at the Perth International Film Festival in 1975, which caused controversy with Australian censors).

The film deals openly, and sometimes graphically, with bestiality, and is informally known as The Pig Fucking Movie. It also features real animal killings and coprophagia, and has been labeled obscene by many sources, notably by the OFLC.[1]

Because of no official theatrical, VHS, or DVD release, Wedding Trough is one of the most obscure movies that is not a lost film. Its last film festival appearance was at the Bradford Film Festival in Bradford, UK, on March 16, 2006.[2]

-----
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snuff_102_%28film%29
    Snuff 102 is an Argentinian underground hardcore gore film directed by filmmaker Mariano Peralta. The film was premiered at the Mar Del Plata International Film Festival in 2007, creating a commotion among the audience. Some of them claimed scenes in the film were real.

Controversy
    In the Mar Del Plata International Film Festival premiere, the film caused a violent response. A member of the audience storm out the theater before the end of the film and attacked the director.

Teaser Controversy
    The extreme nature of the film's website and teasers caused shock among the users asking the removal of it, an avalanche of hate-mails were sent to the production team responsibles of the site. For a brief time period the website was removed.

this movie called "resurrection" where some looney fuck was choppin off body parts of ramdom ppl to try and re-create jesus w/ all the body parts....he does it too, thats like the only plot of the movie i know because i seen it on hbo on night over 7-8 yrs ago, dont think it hit the screen ever since then

/La Pianiste

rape, suicide, self mutilation, incest, humiliation, rape, rape, awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    This is interesting, because I, too, enjoy tracking down exploitation movies from time to time, although I haven't gotten around to a lot of the ones you listed.

Takashi Miike movies are pretty graphic, but judging from your tastes they probably won't shock you too much. Audition is probably his best film, but I'm sure it would be tame for you. Ichi the Killer is extremely bloody and sadistic, but the cartoonish tone probably dilutes it. Miike also direced an episode for Showtime's Masters of Horror series entitled "Imprint" which was banned from American cable broadcast. It's not hard to see why.

Now, if you're looking for some pretty damn fucked up shit that are still actually films, you might have to do some searching. there are two I know of that are extremely rare, and one of them is probably impossible to get a hold of:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vase_de_Noces
    Vase de Noces (1974) is a Belgian arthouse film directed by Thierry Zéno and stars Dominique Garny. Better known by its English title, Wedding Trough, the film has never had an official theater release, but has been shown in film festivals around the world (notably at the Perth International Film Festival in 1975, which caused controversy with Australian censors).

The film deals openly, and sometimes graphically, with bestiality, and is informally known as The Pig Fucking Movie. It also features real animal killings and coprophagia, and has been labeled obscene by many sources, notably by the OFLC.[1]

Because of no official theatrical, VHS, or DVD release, Wedding Trough is one of the most obscure movies that is not a lost film. Its last film festival appearance was at the Bradford Film Festival in Bradford, UK, on March 16, 2006.[2]

-----
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snuff_102_%28film%29
    Snuff 102 is an Argentinian underground hardcore gore film directed by filmmaker Mariano Peralta. The film was premiered at the Mar Del Plata International Film Festival in 2007, creating a commotion among the audience. Some of them claimed scenes in the film were real.

Controversy
    In the Mar Del Plata International Film Festival premiere, the film caused a violent response. A member of the audience storm out the theater before the end of the film and attacked the director.

Teaser Controversy
    The extreme nature of the film's website and teasers caused shock among the users asking the removal of it, an avalanche of hate-mails were sent to the production team responsibles of the site. For a brief time period the website was removed.

Thanks for the heads up fam, I'm gonna look into that
    "The only way to a woman's heart is along the path
    of torment. I know none other as sure..."

PRODIGAL SUN

i don't fuck wit none of this shit
    "Da Mysteries of Chessboxin', first of all the word "mystery" means "unknown", you know, and the game of chess is like life, so in reality there is no mysteries to chess, it's just to those who don't understand life"- The GZA

Veteran Member

I cant spell for shit, but slauthered vomit dolls is not really a easy movie to watch, lots of real vomiting. But it might gross you out.
    Game over, game of death, deadly viper poison your soul into an hymnal crepe/baseball bat tag that ass like two hand touch/inhale the exquisite ses that brings you breath/only the dead that creep can flesh be munched