Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Most Disturbing Movie?

yeah, thanks Icurus, but I already saw that one, and Itchi The Killer is classic but not disturbing or anything.

I found a good one tho:

"Mondo Cane"

or

"Goodbye Uncle Tom"

For those who wanna check those out

PEACE
    "The only way to a woman's heart is along the path
    of torment. I know none other as sure..."

My fav disturbing movies are psychological movies:
    -Roman Polanski's "Repulsion"
    -Jacob's Ladder
    -Dark Water (the japanese one)
    -In the mouth of madness

FRESH FISH

ichi the killer

Nah, Ichi The Killer is mad funny man Love that flick, Takashi Miike is my fav. Japanese director...

But seriously tho Shitao, what is disturbing about "Dark Water"???.....It's a good movie no doubt (the original, Hollywood always sucks at this), but....it ain't even that scary, "Ju-On" was scarier, but also...not disturbing, it's not that you have to look away and vomit or anything,...or not even emotionally disturbing...

And "In The Mouth Of Madness" also is pure entertainment no?
    "The only way to a woman's heart is along the path
    of torment. I know none other as sure..."

Quote Originally Posted by Skellington View Post
    But seriously tho Shitao, what is disturbing about "Dark Water"???
    I don't know... It's really personnal I think. Movies like Last house on the left, Baise-moi, the italian cannibal flicks don't touched me. Don't shocked me. It don't work for me. Movies like "Dark Water", "Rosemary's baby" with no truely shocking scenes make in my mind a more powerful uneasiness, a real "malaise". I think I'm more sensitive to the atmo of a film than isolated scenes. I think it's really rare that a horror/scary movie is good on form and content. A lot of "classics", IMO, are only good on form (a lot of Cannibal, Baise moi...)but are devoid of content. Salo in my opinion is a masterpiece cause, it's a perfect "graphic" work with amazing actors AND a really deep content. Not just a succession of isolated shocking scenes.Irreversible too. I hope you understand what I mean (my english sux) cause I really understand your point of view. But I think this kind of movies is inseparable to the subjectivity of the spectator.

Quote Originally Posted by Skellington View Post
    And "In The Mouth Of Madness" also is pure entertainment no?
    Typical Carpenter work yep. A good point to you lol. But behind the entertainment I've find a lot of references like Lovecraft monsters description. I think "in the mouth" is a fucking great movie and Carpenter a real underrated director. But you're right this movie is not a shocking, disturbing movie. My fault.

Did you see this one man? If yes what's your opinion?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070130/

Four successful middle-aged men Marcello, a pilot; Michel, a television executive; Ugo, a chef; and, Philippe, a judge go to Philippe's villa to eat themselves to death. After the first night, Marcello insists that women should join them. Three prostitutes make it through a day or two; Andrea, a local school teacher, stays to the end. The villa, the food, and a Bugati roadster are essential props. Written by {[email protected]}

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shitao View Post
    Irreversible too.
    I agree with this. There are only two scenes in this movie that are unbearably cruel (although admittedly, one is 8 min. long) but the whole general atmosphere of this film leaves the fewer with a sick feeling. I remember first watching this movie fairly drunk, and the opening scenes with the dizzying camera-work and (supposedly) subliminal sounds made it extremely disturbing.

Have you seen I Stand Alone? It's by the same director. The main character is "The Butcher", the naked man in the very first scene of Irreversible in the apartment above "The Rectum." It's not quite as fun or fucked up as Irreversible, but it's still pretty unsettling.