• Average

1 2.00%
  • Shit

0 0%
  • Dipset

1 2.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heltah Skeltah - Nocturnal

I literally listen to this album every day. If I go to play one track, I end up playing it front to back. I can't help it; it's that damn good.

I've been bumping this recently. Good stuff. I'm starting to think this is better than Enta Da Stage...am I alone on this?

Quote Originally Posted by KJR View Post
    I've been bumping this recently. Good stuff. I'm starting to think this is better than Enta Da Stage...am I alone on this?
    I could never get into Enta Da Stage, I'm with you on that.

I'd say it goes:

Nocturnal
    Dah Shinin'
    Enta Da Stage

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
    I could never get into Enta Da Stage, I'm with you on that.

I'd say it goes:

Nocturnal
    Dah Shinin'
    Enta Da Stage
    I like Enta Da Stage, but I'm not big into those repetitive shouted choruses. Nocturnal doesn't have any of that.

-

LOL@KJR thinks Nocturnal is better than Enta Da Stage hahahahahahaha. Enta Da Stage is better than Nocturnal. Black Moon's How Many MC's, Ack Like You Want It, Enta Da Stage and Powaful Impak songs are better than the whole Nocturnal album LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    LOL@KJR thinks Nocturnal is better than Enta Da Stage hahahahahahaha. Enta Da Stage is better than Nocturnal. Black Moon's How Many MC's, Ack Like You Want It, Enta Da Stage and Powaful Impak songs are better than the whole Nocturnal album LOL.
    Music is subjective bro, don't need to be a condescending dick about it.

If Hell had a soundtrack, Nocturnal would be it. The track Sean Price alone puts me in an entirely different world, makes it feel like 1996.

If Hell had a soundtrack, Nocturnal would be it. The track Sean Price alone puts me in an entirely different world, makes it feel like 1996.
    Yeah man, this album has a totally unique atmosphere. I just love spacing out and engrossing myself in its world

-

Nocturnal sucks. Their Magnum Force album is better. I Ain't Havin That song is my jam. LOL@Young Gun saying Nocturnal is better than Smif N Wessun's Da Shinin and Black Moon's Enta Da Stage albums hahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorsharp View Post
    Classic... shit is ILL... one of my fav. from BCC and in all hip hop
    werd up

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by KJR View Post
    Yeah man, this album has a totally unique atmosphere. I just love spacing out and engrossing myself in its world

Same here. It doesn't matter the season, the album gives me chills every time. I love zoning out at night burning joints. Very unique atmosphere as you said. There's very few albums that put me in such a unique space.

Nocturnal sucks. Their Magnum Force album is better. I Ain't Havin That song is my jam. LOL@Young Gun saying Nocturnal is better than Smif N Wessun's Da Shinin and Black Moon's Enta Da Stage albums hahahahaha.

It all boils down to different tastes. Nocturnal is dense darkness that takes you on a unique trip, while Magnum Force is that party/get live joint.

The sound of Enta Da Stage and Da Shinin just didn't grab me how Nocturnal did. Nocturnal just brought that dark atmosphere I was looking for. No other album sounds how Nocturnal does to me.

Nocturnal IS better than Enta Da Stage and Dah Shinin. Granted, all three albums are great but Nocturnal is on ANOTHER level. I'm curious though Charles, I love how you stick to your guns, but can you elaborate on what makes Magnum Force better in your opinion?

For me, I felt that Ruck and Rock had MUCH better chemistry on their debut and unfortunately, the guest features on MF weighed it down and while I appreciate that they tried new things on MF, not everything they did worked well. It was slightly too long too and the skits were annoying. Nocturnal didn't need any bullshit skits.

Magnum Force was practically a Bootcamp album billed as a Heltah Skeltah release. There's 10 tracks with features, a Sean Price solo, and 5 skits. Ruck and Rock only team for 3 tracks, it all felts really overdone. The chemistry of Nocturnal is part of what makes it so great.

Magnum Force was practically a Bootcamp album billed as a Heltah Skeltah release. There's 10 tracks with features, a Sean Price solo, and 5 skits. Ruck and Rock only team for 3 tracks, it all felts really overdone. The chemistry of Nocturnal is part of what makes it so great.
    no doubt fam