Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: David Banner Clarifies Context Of Sharpton Rant

Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchums View Post
    Do I agree with everything he said? Not necessarily...but I agree with some of it, and most importantly, I love the fact that an MC is so opinionated about A) Someone other than "The Man," B) leadership who many are afraid to criticize, and C) about anything period, and is able to articulate it not just in a song, but in a written article. It's even crazier because David Banner is a mainstream, radio-embraced artist, not an obscure indie MC whose opinion wouldn't matter to people. Dude has a sense of responsibility, and I respect it tremendously.
    Not to mention he is working on his masters degree, that is if he isn't already done with it.

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven

Quote Originally Posted by Black Man View Post
    What Is "black Culture"?

your a fuck up.

When it is all said and done it is just entertainment lets ask the question have any one actually heard the lyrics from a Fall out boy song or how about Iron Maiden, AC/DC i mean come on it just music but with those heads it is about politics and in addition you have more white girls and boys dressing and acting black and listening to rap music more than any

the Audience can draw that up by looking at Justin Timberlake and Kevin Federline just to name a few.... and Rap has gone worldwide you have now Russian rappers, Middle Eastern rappers as well as other acts rapping in the language of their people is that it is scaring the shyt out of the Elite......The young white population in Memphis Tennessee are beginning to throw away the Elvis Presley memorabilla and taking hajj to Brooklyn, NY, Miami, Fl, Compton, and Long Beach, CA wearing basketball sneakers, gaudy jewelry fronts and all that sneak in "nigga" here and there saying im Spanish or Mixed as a quick cover up.

besides if the David Banners and 50cents got on the Opera Winfrey Show them white women would be lusting for those brothers.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Daring View Post
    When it is all said and done it is just entertainment lets ask the question have any one actually heard the lyrics from a Fall out boy song or how about Iron Maiden, AC/DC i mean come on it just music but with those heads it is about politics and in addition you have more white girls and boys dressing and acting black and listening to rap music more than any

the Audience can draw that up by looking at Justin Timberlake and Kevin Federline just to name a few.... and Rap has gone worldwide you have now Russian rappers, Middle Eastern rappers as well as other acts rapping in the language of their people is that it is scaring the shyt out of the Elite......The young white population in Memphis Tennessee are beginning to throw away the Elvis Presley memorabilla and taking hajj to Brooklyn, NY, Miami, Fl, Compton, and Long Beach, CA wearing basketball sneakers, gaudy jewelry fronts and all that sneak in "nigga" here and there saying im Spanish or Mixed as a quick cover up.

besides if the David Banners and 50cents got on the Opera Winfrey Show them white women would be lusting for those brothers.
    You have a point. Hip-Hop is very populuar.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
    your a fuck up.
    I take that as you don't know.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackwisdom View Post
    The culture of those who classify themselves Black.

Realize that "Black" people inhabit the entire planet. I can't say that we need to act Afrikan, Brazilian, Indian, like Eskamos, etc. I'm saying that we need to express our innate natural beauty as unencumbered (spelling? ) by imperialism and colonialization as possible.
    Now I know who practices this culture but the question still remains unanswered, "What Is Black Culture"?

White people inhabit the entire planet too.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Humanface Huggah View Post
    black man, i used 'black culture' as a shorthand for pretty much any of the behavior patterns, arts, beliefs, institutions, etc that were valued by native peoples prior to the imperialist conquests of the europeans. while there exists a huge diversity in the range of the cultures that may fall into this category, you can simply take it to mean any culture that is unlike the dominant christian/capitalist white culture and i still get the point across. white people can choose what they absorb from black culture -- music, fashion, style of dance, etc -- or nothing at all while black people simply do not have those same choices because if they want to "succeed" in that oprah winfrey sense then they must learn a certain way, speak a certain way, dress a certain way, act a certain way and none of those certain ways came from the culture they grew up with...

edit: damn black wisdom already said it for me
    Natives (across the globe) prior to christianity didn't have the same behavior patterns, arts, beliefs, institutions, etc, thus they didn't have the same "culture"

Everything other than the christianity isn't black culture.

Every "black" person doesn't see success as oprah sees it or that idea of "oprah" success.

Natives (across the globe) prior to christianity didn't have the same behavior patterns, arts, beliefs, institutions, etc, thus they didn't have the same "culture"

Everything other than the christianity isn't black culture.

Every "black" person doesn't see success as oprah sees it or that idea of "oprah" success.
    you just repeated what i already said. and my argument holds for all cultures that aren't part of the capitalist/christian order (yes most of the world) which is why i extended that generalization... now respond to the points i made without nitpicking the trivial semantics.

more akbar

Veteran Member

you just repeated what i already said. and my argument holds for all cultures that aren't part of the capitalist/christian order (yes most of the world) which is why i extended that generalization... now respond to the points i made without nitpicking the trivial semantics.
    I asked what "Black Culture" is and still no answer. There's no answer because you really don't know what "Black Culture" is.

I didn't ask about any other culture except for "Black Culture" and you want to lump everything together as if everybody practiced the same culture around the globe...they didn't.

Just in case you missed the question the first time, here it is again, "What Is Black Culture?"

{>____<}

I asked what "Black Culture" is and still no answer. There's no answer because you really don't know what "Black Culture" is.

I didn't ask about any other culture except for "Black Culture" and you want to lump everything together as if everybody practiced the same culture around the globe...they didn't.

Just in case you missed the question the first time, here it is again, "What Is Black Culture?"
    Black Culture is to broad of a topic to discuss. I can write a ten page paper explaining what black culture is. This is probably the reason why no one wants to post about it because it's to broad. Thanks.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

black man, i used 'black culture' as a shorthand for pretty much any of the behavior patterns, arts, beliefs, institutions, etc that were valued by native peoples prior to the imperialist conquests of the europeans. while there exists a huge diversity in the range of the cultures that may fall into this category, you can simply take it to mean any culture that is unlike the dominant christian/capitalist white culture and i still get the point across. white people can choose what they absorb from black culture -- music, fashion, style of dance, etc -- or nothing at all while black people simply do not have those same choices because if they want to "succeed" in that oprah winfrey sense then they must learn a certain way, speak a certain way, dress a certain way, act a certain way and none of those certain ways came from the culture they grew up with...
    go back read every post where i reference "black culture" and you'll see that the above explanation is applicable. in so far as various cultures can be grouped together according to characteristics that distinguish them from the dominant capitalist/christian culture, namely that the culture is neither monotheistic nor embodies the will of the global free market, then yes we can speak of a "black culture," even if it's only in a metaphorical and not phenotypical sense of the word "black." and yes, all across the globe the actual and very diverse cultures that constitute "black culture" are being destroyed and/or replaced by the familiar dominant culture (which i sometimes refer to as "white" in shorthand).

but you're missing the forest for the trees. that was a minor point in a larger argument about how black people are basically fucked: retain your traditional cultural values and be disadvantaged when it comes to succeeding in a white world or act in accordance to how white people expect you to act and lose your culture. you can't have it both ways.
    Last edited by Huggasaurus Sex; 08-21-2007 at 04:44 PM.

more akbar

Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar

Now I know who practices this culture but the question still remains unanswered, "What Is Black Culture"?

White people inhabit the entire planet too.
    Humans walked the earth enjoying great civilizations 10s of thousands of years before anyone ever seen a white race. We had some albinos scattered about but not a complete race of whites.

White culture is xenophobic, materialistic, and patriarical. Black (and I hate to use that word in this text but I use it for reference sake) culture is xenophiliac (spelling), spiritual, and matriarical. That's the difference.

When I say materialistic, I mean that they focus on the flesh before the spirit as a culture. Just look at America. When I say spiritual, I mean that we are so-called superstitious and focus on the unseen to describe the seen as a culture.

Does this answer your question?

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven

What Is "black Culture"?
    Black culture is activites heavenly connected/associated/originated within our community here in the UNITED STATES.

A prime example is HIPHOP, bloods & crips, etc

Black culture goes beyond the traditional history/heritage of African American lineage

In this aspect, black culture will only be used in the American society.

When thinking of black culture think of it in modern day form: PRESENT which may be incorrect to say
    Last edited by SG; 08-22-2007 at 09:27 PM.
    BEZ
    Peace To New York