0 0%
  • poor

0 0%
  • wack

7 5.04%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Killah Priest The Offering

FRESH FISH

wow i hated the horseman track. kurupt just gave up halfway thru his verse, but he still wouldnt shut up. typically on priest albums i end up skipping any tracks with the horsemen. rest of the album was banging.

i dont know what that last reviewer was talking about with immortal technique not comming hard. his verse was ridonkulous.

nazi pope in my sniper scope/ shot him in church!!!!

the whole ish was sick bars front to back. PEACE
    "karma hits like justice but without the satisfaction" - HADEZ the human torch

"I don’t live in that world. And it’s not that I don’t live in the present, it’s just that I don’t fuck with that part of the present state of Hip Hop. Dudes started doing this thing for money instead of the love of Hip Hop, and I don’t fuck with them cats." - Kool G. Rap

Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar

The Offering is one of the dopest albums to ever drop in a long time. From begining to end it's almost flawless. KP has always been one of my fav emcees. The album cover is crazy.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

Album is pure classic; it's still in my CD changer, it's never gon' come out. Can't wait for the Behind the Stained Glass and Midnight Offering.

voted banger

best songs:
    PJ's
    The Offering
    Till Three Angels Come
    Stand Still
    Uprising
    Salvation

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

Default a short track-by-track review

i've realized i never took the time to write a full review of this album after i said that i would...

tonight i got a Killah Priest mood and started checking out all the new stuff he's puttin out to promote the new album Behind the Stained Glass and i'm very impressed (as always)....so i figured I'd do a quick review of this amazing album in light of the new one dropping soon..

first off, i love the fact that he put all the lyrics in the booklet...this is a great touch especially for an artist who's so well-known for his lyrics..

1. The Offering (intro) prod by Godz Wrath
    awesome....perfect..the changing of the beat along with the changing of the Priest's tone and everything is perfect..
    and i love that he just keeps on going for a long time..excellent opening
    5/5

2. Salvation - prod by Arythmetic

some might get annoyed by the chorus but i love it and i love the idea of him making it sound like an army is addressing him..
    the beat is fuckin great, a nice kingly melody....he starts to drift off a little in the 2nd verse but still an ill song overall
    4/5

3. Gun For Gun f/ Nas - prod by Kount Fif
    my least favorite song on the album, mostly cuz I'm not crazy about the beat on it...I'm a big Nas fan but he doesn't impress me at all on here, matter of fact u might say that Priest murdered him (even tho i hate talkin about emcees on the same track like that but KP outshines him)...second Priest verse is evil, i love it
    3/5

4. How Many - prod by Subliminal

this song shoulda got a ton of radio play (maybe it did, i dono..i never listen to the radio anymore), it's got a catchy beat and Priest just verbally dances on this, he shows so many different flows on this album it's unbelievable...
    4.5/5

5. Uprising - prod by Shakim Allah

my favorite song on the album...i LOVE the beat and the imagery from Priest gives me goosebumps..i just wish it was longer
    5/5

6. Melodic Pt. 2 f/ Hell Razah - prod by Jordan River Banks
    AMAZING song...Priest just twirls this beat around on his finger, the man was born to emcee..
    for such a deep and serious cat, the part about the aliens is fucking hilarious..this is just pure entertainment through music
    5/5

7. Priesthood - prod by DJ Sane 720

"bout to get dark"--pretty good description...certainly a dark and powerful song, i love when he gets in this mode and this beat was made perfectly for KP..
    4/5

8. InnerG f/ Ras Kass, Canibus & Kurupt - prod by 4th Disciple
    KILLAH PRIEST FUCKING MURDERS THIS SONG...i've said a bunch of times and i'll say it again: in an imaginary scene where there was a rap battle which my life depended on and i had to choose an emcee to defend me i would choose Killah Priest without hesitation...who can respond to a verse like this?????????
    the other Horsemen suck ass on here tho..
    3/5

9. Ghetto Jezuz - prod by Jordan River Banks
    sick beat, these Godz Wrath cats are awesome...
    i love the flow, lyrics, and creativeness of this track..songs like this make me pissed that someone like Nas gets so much attention but Priest very little (in the mainstream) cuz this is up there with Nas' shit....just grimey-er
    5/5

10. The Offering - prod by Chucky Madness

the next two songs were released almost 2 years before the album dropped....i love the beat on here but I wasn't totally impressed with Priest lyrically on it..(i can't worship every track of his) i always thought this coulda been a little better, especially for the title track...still a solid:
    4/5

11. Truth b Told - prod by Jordan River Banks

one of my favorites...the beat is horror movie-esque and Priest gets so dark and yet poetic on here, saying shit nobody in hip hop would ever say:

"...like the Catholic church and child nudity pictures,
    that's like the Virgin Mary performin kama sutra wit Hitler!"

^^possibly my favorite line on the album...
    5/5

(i hope there's eventually a part 2 of it)

12. Osirus Eyes - prod by Ciph Barker for Godzwrath Productions
    another awesome Godz Wrath beat..

the chorus is way too long but Priest murders this song...love the flow
    4.5/5

13. Standstill f/ Blood Sport & Immortal Technique - prod by Ciph Barker for Godzwrath Productions
    i've never been too much into Immortal Tech..i just haven't listened to him too much, but the Dance with the Devil song is incredible...nevertheless i hate his verse on this song (and i take it that almost everyone on here will disagree with that opinion)
    Blood Sport is dope and Priest is ill as usual, i like his approach on his verse..
    beat is insane too
    4.5/5

14. PJs f/ Zariya aka Z-Man - prod by Ben Grymm
    smooth loveliness..Priest displays the versatility and puts together a dope song (another one that the general public would love if it were getting the radio play it deserves)
    5/5

15. Happy f/ Stori James prod by Shakim Allah
    i skip this song alot but that doesn't mean i think it's bad....again, it's a display of Priest's versatility but alota times i just don't feel like hearing it...it's a dope (deep) song and i love the beat flip and stuff but----like i said, i skip it alot
    4/5

16. Essential - prod by DJ Huggy

a nice outro type of song...3 solid verses
    4/5

17. BONUS: Till Thee Angels Come f/ Hell Razah & Ambassador - prod by Sam Sneed
    i love this one....some dramatic dark crazy shit from Priest, just a sick ass flow....his second verse is one of the best on the album
    4/5

Lyrics: 5/5
    Beats: 4/5
    OVERALL: 9/10

rating seems a little high but relative to the rest of hip hop in 2007, it seems about right..

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

4 stars.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

"The Offering" is probably one of the sickest albums released by Killah Priest.
    I mean... shit, track after track, you get addicted. Insane. Much respect.

I'd say Priest came very close to making a 5/5 hip-hop album, the lyrics and the production is SUPERIOR.. i'd stop at 4.5/5 but it's fucking great.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

heart to heart

Default love this album

classic thats it!!!!!!!!!!!

daaaamn this album keeps growing on me, I seriously starts thinking this is better than "Heavy Mental". I've listened to both today and I can't really decide, both are masterpieces - I can't remember the last album I gave a perfect 5/5 rating but i'm considering if "The Offering" is worth just that, it's a masterpiece!
    ("The Offering's the movie/ my other albums are just trailers")

01 - The Offering (5/5)
    02 - Salvation (5/5)
    03 - Gun 4 Gun (5/5)
    04 - How Many (5/5)
    05 - Uprising (5/5)
    06 - Melodic pt.2 (4/5)
    07 - Priesthood (4/5)
    08 - Inner G (4/5)
    09 - Ghetto Jesus (5/5)
    10 - The Offering (5/5)
    11 - Truth B Told (5/5)
    12 - Osirius Eyes (5/5)
    13 - Standstill (4/5)
    14 - Pj's (5/5)
    15 - Happy (5/5)
    16 - Essential (5/5)
    17 - Til Thee Angels Come (4/5)
    Last edited by claaa7; 05-22-2008 at 11:43 AM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

I think it's worth a 5/5, there's only two songs on here I would say are average, and everything else is classic.

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

I listen to Uprising everyday

penalty boxed user Maccabee Ridah's Avatar

Damn, album is fire...............

I just ran through it, and it was enough to realize what I am dealin with.....

It is pure classic................

Beats r sooooooooooo dope, lyrics r sick as always when it is KP in question, so only i can say is that album is fuckin ill!!!

I can't wait to take time and listen to the whole album!!!

Peace......................
    -suuuuuuuuu///

the offering is straight up classic, every track is ill, "peep these jewels while you rolling a dutch". shit gets you lifted with the harmonous beats, I love how priest sampled "War" on the PJ's, beat is ill. Its classic priest is the most underated artist right now, he's making ill music on a low budget. While jigga and lil wayne making millions, making garbage. I'll say it Killah Priest Is King of Hip Hop...... "Been through so many struggles only to perservere" ~Cormega

Quote Originally Posted by Illmatic Hispanic View Post
    the offering is straight up classic, every track is ill, "peep these jewels while you rolling a dutch". shit gets you lifted with the harmonous beats, I love how priest sampled "War" on the PJ's, beat is ill. Its classic priest is the most underated artist right now, he's making ill music on a low budget. While jigga and lil wayne making millions, making garbage. I'll say it Killah Priest Is King of Hip Hop...... "Been through so many struggles only to perservere" ~Cormega
    Well said homie, is sad that but true that artists like lil wayne and souljah boy who have no lyrical talent what so ever make millions, while artists such as KP are being left behind. KP is probly the most lyrical mc today, plus the beats are amazing. From the beginning with the intro it hooks you. The intro kills most mainstream songd out today, then tracks like melodic pt.2 and PJs he spits that familiar priest style. IMO, its one of the best albums of 2007 if not he best