Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck Jesus

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Humanface Huggah View Post
    as an aside, does anyone else find it strange that slippy could be so sure that not only did jesus exist, but that he was "in fact a good human being." i dunno, given that there's very little objective evidence of this historical figure outside of what was written about him by his cult-like following (and transcribed by hand thousands of times), i just don't understand how such a rigorous skeptic like slip would be so easily swayed. i mean, he stood firm in his position that we'll never be able to accept evolution as a fact in spite of a mountain of evidence that supports it, so i would expect slippy to be more cautious about the existence of jesus. because as we all know, jesus was a more common name in the near east than joseph is in america today. also, according to many historical accounts, there were lots of people going around preaching the end of the world. oh and why all the discrepancies in the description of jesus in the gospels. i dunno seems kind of fishy. so maybe slippy should say "in theory jesus was a good human being (if the figure that the new testament referred to even really existed)."

and whoever heard of a blond-haired blue-eyed israeli?

just a thought
    I never siad anything about blonde haired or blue eyes.

So in theory he was a good person to spawn such a large following. It's a shame we don't strive to be more like Jesus, instead of worshipping Jesus.

did you know the traditional music of many tribes is disappearing because of jesus's followers? tribes that have converted to christianity ban traditional music and replace it with gospel music. i saw a short documentary about some dude who goes to remote regions of the world trying to record tribal music that hasn't yet been influenced by gospel. he was literally chased out of some villages just for suggesting it. it's really sad to think of the monoculture ideology that results from missionary work.

i think the sentiment in the phrase "fuck jesus" isn't to say that jesus was a bad person (as if a corpse cares what people have to say) but that the consequences of his actions has affected many cultures in a negative way, and perhaps we'd all be better off if he'd never existed.

more akbar

did you know the traditional music of many tribes is disappearing because of jesus's followers? tribes that have converted to christianity ban traditional music and replace it with gospel music. i saw a short documentary about some dude who goes to remote regions of the world trying to record tribal music that hasn't yet been influenced by gospel. he was literally chased out of some villages just for suggesting it. it's really sad to think of the monoculture ideology that results from missionary work.

i think the sentiment in the phrase "fuck jesus" isn't to say that jesus was a bad person (as if a corpse cares what people have to say) but that the consequences of his actions has affected many cultures in a negative way, and perhaps we'd all be better off if he'd never existed.
    I see your point.

I think the overtones of the recording is it doesn't matter if jesus existed or not, but there's a conspiracy for people to use jesus to control others.

I don't think it's that cut and dry.

My theory:

This man Jesus did good things for his people.

Some people wrote those good things down.

Other people transalted those good things and it became somthing else as the message travled to new places.

People followed these teachings that were changed until it became imbedded in their culture.

Soon people began to believe that their teachings were the right ones, and everyone else was wrong.

They used these teaching to justify their savagery and take advantage of "pagan" cultures.

We can't blame Jesus for people's stupidity.

well if christians got the idea that their religion was the only right one they didn't have to dig too deep into the scripture to justify that belief. jesus from the get go tells people they need to "repent," as in the life you've lived up until now has been wrong and i'm telling you this because i'm right. and he doesn't just say it once; everywhere he goes he tells people to repent. over and over again.

the mission to spread this message to everyone he could (who were all evidently living the wrong way) didn't die with jesus. his passion naturally inspired his followers to convert others to this radical new type of judaism. the early missionaries were crucial to spreading the words of "the messiah" and it was the unprecedented scale of this effort that led to the establishment of the religion and its subsequent proliferation.

so if jesus just wanted to do "good things for his people" then he could've stayed in his village building houses on the cheap and being a really nice guy. but he wanted to change the world and he did. now has that change been for the better or worse?

if we look at where we're at today should we be saying "thank you jesus" or "fuck jesus"?

more akbar

well if christians got the idea that their religion was the only right one they didn't have to dig too deep into the scripture to justify that belief. jesus from the get go tells people they need to "repent," as in the life you've lived up until now has been wrong and i'm telling you this because i'm right. and he doesn't just say it once; everywhere he goes he tells people to repent. over and over again.

the mission to spread this message to everyone he could (who were all evidently living the wrong way) didn't die with jesus. his passion naturally inspired his followers to convert others to this radical new type of judaism. the early missionaries were crucial to spreading the words of "the messiah" and it was the unprecedented scale of this effort that led to the establishment of the religion and its subsequent proliferation.

so if jesus just wanted to do "good things for his people" then he could've stayed in his village building houses on the cheap and being a really nice guy. but he wanted to change the world and he did. now has that change been for the better or worse?

if we look at where we're at today should we be saying "thank you jesus" or "fuck jesus"?
    We could go back and fourth about a man neither of us know to much about, but I say just give the man enough respect to let him rest.

Before you say he doesn't care because he's dead, just think if you would want people bad mouthing your name after your dead when you can't defend yourself.

i just did and i think i'd rather people have the moral fortitude to speak their mind instead of being intimidated into showing false reverence.

jesus tried to bring peace and happiness to the world and failed miserably. he gets an A for effort and an F on execution. deal with it.

more akbar

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy Capalini View Post
    Before you say he doesn't care because he's dead, just think if you would want people bad mouthing your name after your dead when you can't defend yourself.
    Being that I don't believe I'll have any sort of consciousness after I'm dead, I doubt I'd have any reason to care.

Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy Capalini View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm usually one of the first ones to make threads like this but I would never come out and say "fuck jesus."

The historical evidence that this man exisited is irrefutable.

And dispite his super star status and the twisting of his teachings, he was in fact a good human being. And my research shows he was in his time one of the original revolutionary warriors.

Let's say in theory, some one took your teachings and ran with it. Made their own relgion out of it by perverting your knowledge.

Would you appreciate someone that siad, Fuck Blackwisdom? He's a fucking cartoon character used for brainwashing black people.

Just have some respect for your fellow man, the thread title is de-constructive.

You told me one time that I have no tact or finesse. And I took that advice to change- to a certain extent, exspecially when it comes to KTL.

Now, i'm telling you- have some respect. Walk like a warrior.
    Please share with me this "irrefutable" evidence that Jesus/Yashua/or whatever folks wanna call him existed. I've studied and found nothing solid outside of Christian scholars. I've heard of the arguments around him like his name, ethnicity, etc, but not of any evidence that he walked the planet and left anything behind. If you have evidence I'd love to add it to my mental rolodex. Please share so I can check myself.

I know of many crucified saviors in many different lands throughout many different times. According to my research (and I'm still researching, I have a long way to go) Ausar and Heru are the only ones that we have actual evidence that they walked the planet.

If the man that these books were written about trully existed then I will retract my Fuck to him, but not to the monster that was created in his name. Not the monster that the pimps, oops I meant preachers, administer to their corporation, opps again I meant congregation. Now to the ones that aren't just pimping their flock and are teaching them survival tactics and are teaching them some spiritual truths, I appologize. But to the businessmen, well I already said the word.

If you tell me that my thread title is deconstructive then I'll respect that, but I won't change it cause I will be deviating from my original mode of thought. Plus I titled it that cause that is my man's theme to his speech. I respect your opinion, so if you say that I'm untactful I'll accept that. Let me tell you how I evaluate his speech.

I don't take his words for absolutes. I seldomly take anyone's words for absolutes, I take the underlying message from it. What I was getting from it was that we need to WAKE UP!!! Why follow perverted knowledge and teachings. Go to the source. If you research the ancient texts of inner Africa, you'll see that the Bible and all of those books come from there. People use those original texts and teachings for their own political means. Let me throw this in there. KMT used religion for political means as well but they didn't put the cart (individuals/society) before the horse (religion/spirituality).

I have much respect but my tolerance is growing low. People can tell me that I'm going to hell if I don't give my soul to Jesus, but when I reveal that Jesus Christ is a farce I'm wrong? I've done enough research to seal the deal for me, I'm just shining some light to attempt to spark a flame for another to look into what s/he's giving her/his soul to.

If that's untactful then everyone who's trying to convert me to Christianity or whatever religion, under the pretenses that I'm going to hell if I don't, is untactful.

Much respect though Slippy Capalini, we still cool.

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven

as an aside, does anyone else find it strange that slippy could be so sure that not only did jesus exist, but that he was "in fact a good human being." i dunno, given that there's very little objective evidence of this historical figure outside of what was written about him by his cult-like following (and transcribed by hand thousands of times), i just don't understand how such a rigorous skeptic like slip would be so easily swayed. i mean, he stood firm in his position that we'll never be able to accept evolution as a fact in spite of a mountain of evidence that supports it, so i would expect slippy to be more cautious about the existence of jesus. because as we all know, jesus was a more common name in the near east than joseph is in america today. also, according to many historical accounts, there were lots of people going around preaching the end of the world. oh and why all the discrepancies in the description of jesus in the gospels. i dunno seems kind of fishy. so maybe slippy should say "in theory jesus was a good human being (if the figure that the new testament referred to even really existed)."

and whoever heard of a blond-haired blue-eyed israeli?

just a thought
    I need to start reading your replies to people before I reply to them.

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper

jesus tried to bring peace and happiness to the world and failed miserably. he gets an A for effort and an F on execution. deal with it.
    If I could afford a diamond ring...

Okay, I read the entire page before commenting. I think it's safe to do so now without repeating what was already said.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy Capalini
    Soon people began to believe that their teachings were the right ones, and everyone else was wrong.

They used these teaching to justify their savagery and take advantage of "pagan" cultures.

We can't blame Jesus for people's stupidity.
    Please research the pyramid text, coffin text, and the ancient temples of KMT, then read the old and new testiment. You'll find a striking resemblence between the "stupid pagan" text and the Bible. The first everything that's found in the bible is found there, i.e the concept of angels (pictures of the deceased mother painted in their coffin with wings on), the concept of the soul, resurrection of the spirit, crucified savior, baptism, etc. Governments used Christianity and Islam to destroy people's original concept of God and the afterlife and rebuilt it in the image of the conqueror in order to control them in the here and now (PERIOD).

Check this out.

Don't believe him. Prove him wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwisdom View Post
    How can someone who didn't exist harm me? I'm just quoting my man on the audio. Check it out.
    http://download.yousendit.com/2C1AEF625ABA6DD2
    you are an idiot
    Jesus did exist
    what people are arguing about is
    was he really the son of God or just some guy

Herbivore

for those that believe jesus is just as much as a myth as thor, zeus, mythra, osiris, or whomever, you can say fuck jesus quite easily.

there is no proof outside of religious mythology with regards to jesus ever living.

the thread title a lil to much

Quote Originally Posted by dimi View Post
    you are an idiot
    Jesus did exist
    what people are arguing about is
    was he really the son of God or just some guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan
    for those that believe jesus is just as much as a myth as thor, zeus, mythra, osiris, or whomever, you can say fuck jesus quite easily.

there is no proof outside of religious mythology with regards to jesus ever living. for those that believe jesus is just as much as a myth as thor, zeus, mythra, osiris, or whomever, you can say fuck jesus quite easily.

there is no proof outside of religious mythology with regards to jesus ever living.
    He replied for me.

I'm an idiot cause I don't believe in something that can't be proven to me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Fury
    the thread title a lil to much
    The slogan "Jesus Saves From Hell" is a lil to much.

How someone gonna tell me that I gotta believe in their God or I'ma suffer in eternal torment? How someone gonna try to terrorise my mind and soul due to their beliefs? How someone gonna chop babies in half, rape mothers, lynch fathers all in the name of Jesus or Allah?

That's a bit much!