Page 101 of 123 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1831

Thread: The Albums You Have Recently Bought Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by El Don View Post
    It's not fake, it's unofficial. You could buy the Royal Fam cd in chain stores.
    this was my impression and to me.....

unofficial = more collectable

plus it was only 13 bones on amazon

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Oh aight, well thanks for the correction. I heard it was fake that's why I didn't bother to pick that one up. Maybe I will now.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

yeah, "Yesterday Iz Tomorrow" is a good album, i listened to that alot when it dropped back in 2000. the thing is (if i remember correctly) that someone handling Royal Fam's business put that out through Wu-Tang International without the groups approval. it's not the complete album, they didn't give it that title or artwork, etc but it was a tape of material that would kinda be the ground for the album they was gonna put out via Wu-Tang Records. there's alot of hot bangers on there though!

i just placed an order on the following vinyl records:

NEEK THE EXOTIC FT. LARGE PROFESSOR - "STILL ON THE HUSTLE" (LP)
    ROC MARCIANO / ALCHEMIST / OH NO - "GRENEBERG" (EP)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

would it say Wutang International?

cause i think my copy says Wutang Records or were they called the same thing at that time

yeah i think it's the same.. it was only released in Europe, and only in certain countries as far as i know

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Boot Camp Clik ~ The Last Stand (CD)
    Boot Camp Clik ~ Casualties of War (CD)

Shaolin vs. Wu Tang (Vinyl)
    Raekwon ~ Only built.. II (Vinyl)

Evidence ~ Cats and Dogs (CD)
    9th Wonder ~ The Wonder Years (CD)
    'I went to jail' cos I was a bad boy.
    I was fuckin' up... but they don't want me in jail. They fear me in jail. If I'm in jail - ha! - I may cause a riot or something'.' Ol' Dirty Bastard

pre-ordered these two for release on the 27th:

EVIDENCE - "CATS & DOGS" (2xLP)
    LARGE PRO - "KEY TO THE CITY" (12'')

saw one of my fav albums of all time for sale yesterday ,kool g rap - roots of all eveil and copped that

(i now have two copies)

^ good catch on "Long Hot Summer", i think it's already out of print actually.

i bought two vinyl albums from the used jazz records section at a local record store:

Donald Byrd - "Stepping Into Tomorrow" (great, very smooth LP by the trumpeter with Gary Bartz on sax. Features the title track and "Think Twice" which Madlib and Dilla remixed/covered, respectively).

Miles Davis - "You're Under Arrest" (far from his greatest stuff but it has some choice cuts and has some of the very last sessions where Miles recorded with John McLaughlin. they were always an incredible team in the fusion era).

This also means I just passed the 200 mark.

'I went to jail' cos I was a bad boy.
    I was fuckin' up... but they don't want me in jail. They fear me in jail. If I'm in jail - ha! - I may cause a riot or something'.' Ol' Dirty Bastard

i ordered "Cats & Dogs"; "Large Pro's "Key to the City" 12 and some other hip-hop stuff and been buying a few dope 12" and rare out-of-print jazz vinyls the last month.

this Firday I picked up an album i've been looking for for the longest now, his 1973 double LP concert at Philharmonic Hall in late 1972. really, good. pretty mucht the only Miles live album that showcases his "On The Corner" aesthetics on a release from that period that ain't a bootleg. really good LP that i strongly recommend if you ever find it. i had to shell out the equivallent to 30$ but since it's long out of print and everything, from the actual records, to the gatefold cover, was in perfect shape. and i might not ever get a chance to get my hands on this incredible album. anyone heard this?
    Last edited by claaa7; 09-30-2011 at 01:06 PM.

I recently picked up...

I've been meaning to pick it up for a very long time now but only just got round to doing so. This is really an overlooked jem of an album imo. Dope lyrics, great production from Kut Master Kurt, just great hip hop overall.

Im still waiting on my copies of Bronze and Timbo's albums over here, Timbo's album keeps getting pushed back.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

finally