Page 121 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2171111112113114115116117118119120121122123 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 1831

Thread: The Albums You Have Recently Bought Thread.

2pac - Loyal to the game (for the bonus tracks cuz I don't feel Em's production) and Live at the House of Blues (I heard the audio quality was reasonable)

trying to get back into buying older hiphop albums that are still available for low retail prices
    Retired.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

You do not feel his trademark slow, plodding beats match up to Tupac's vocals?

Tupac's vocals were pitched a bit to suit the pace of the beats, at least to my ear, on some of those tracks?

also picked up Master P's Ghetto Dope online today for like $6.

btw that Tupac live album is pretty solid. Dogg Pound's set is good too. I hear the other official live album (the one with the grey cover) is not as good as House of Blues
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    You do not feel his trademark slow, plodding beats match up to Tupac's vocals?
    listening to the album now - got it in the mail today - the beats go over better now back then when the album was released. still prefer the bonus tracks but the album as a whole goes over better now.

I wonder if it'll be the same when I get my hands on 'Pac's Life', which I wasn't a fan of either (but which I liked better than 'Loyal to the game')

TIME = the great healer.
    Retired.

Veteran Member

I recently bought

Riggz/Muggs CD
    Stu Bangas/Blacastan - Watson & Holmes vinyl
    Sean Price - Boom Bye Yeah/60 Bar Dash vinyl

Stu Bangas/Blacastan (RIP) : how would you rate it? they are both so good at what they do. I haven't heard it yet
    Retired.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Stu Bangas/Blacastan (RIP) : how would you rate it? they are both so good at what they do. I haven't heard it yet
    It's a great project...i have it digitally but there is a bonus track on the vinyl and I've been sitting on it for a while.

There are a lot of dark, AOTP-type beats and the features are really good. This is probably one of my favorite tracks off the album

Aesop Rock Garbology

Ras Kass - Institutionalized

Ja Rule - R.U.L.E. (I know lol)
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

Ant Banks- The Big Badass. Not so recent but last CD I brought. I have real slowed down on buying rap CDs. The market needs to make a correction. Everything seems to be over priced in my opinion

Agree 100%!
    Retired.

can anyone help me out with some info? my (old) copy of Kurupt's "Streetz iz a mutha" says 'Parental Advisory" on the front cover but is still the censored version, with the curse words bleeped out and it's missing "Calling out names", the hidden bonus track after the KRS-One collabo bonus track

does anyone have a copy that says "Parental Advisory" on the cover AND is really the uncensored version?

I'd be willing to invest in a new copy, but not with the same result

listening to "Space Boogey" first and then to "Streetz iz a Mutha" ... I had forgotten just how painful the drop off in quality verses was from "Streetz" to "Space". Kurupt's verse on the "Streetz" intro alone hits harder than all his verses from "Space" put together
    Retired.

last bit of bargain bin hunting for February ...

Kurupt presents Tangled Thoughts - Philly 2 Cali

T.I. - Paperwork

Off The Tank - Former Tank Soldiers Go To War (comp of No Limit artists who left the label)
    Retired.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    can anyone help me out with some info? my (old) copy of Kurupt's "Streetz iz a mutha" says 'Parental Advisory" on the front cover but is still the censored version, with the curse words bleeped out and it's missing "Calling out names", the hidden bonus track after the KRS-One collabo bonus track

does anyone have a copy that says "Parental Advisory" on the cover AND is really the uncensored version?

I'd be willing to invest in a new copy, but not with the same result

listening to "Space Boogey" first and then to "Streetz iz a Mutha" ... I had forgotten just how painful the drop off in quality verses was from "Streetz" to "Space". Kurupt's verse on the "Streetz" intro alone hits harder than all his verses from "Space" put together
    Did you purchase it new or used? Unless there was an error at the factory, you probably purchased a used copy and the store employee must have put the edited version in the explicit case by mistake..

thanks for explaining! I bought it new in the store. I copped it when it first dropped. we used to have like 8 or 10 big music stores in town, IIRC all of them had the albums shrink wrapped. so in that case it was probably a factory mistake?

other question for everyone posting here : what websites do you use these days to buy old and new CDs (I'm strictly CDs). I only buy releases NEW, even if they dropped like 20 years ago. I've been burned one time too many on discogs (which I'm not using anymore due to shipping prices anyway)

It's not like Amazon is carrying that many hiphop albums anymore

I just checked sandboxautomatic. looks pretty dead when it comes to CDs. undergroundhiphopshop is not around any more?
    Retired.