Page 9 of 123 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: The Albums You Have Recently Bought Thread.

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

^^ I guess it makes sense that you wouldn't like the album if you don't like the mc...

Not hip-hop, but I also just bought:

Trojan Rocksteady Box Set
    Trojan Roots Box Set
    Trojan Dub Box Set
    Trojan Ska Box Set

They're all 50 track triple disc anniversary (40 years of Trojan) sets, for only £7 each in Virgin Megastores (in the UK obviouslly).
    Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 10-04-2007 at 08:25 AM.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Veteran Member

ehhh...whatever
    bought
    styles-the ghost sessions
    tum tum-eat or get ate
    hell rell-for the hell of it

Quote Originally Posted by Spinx View Post
    How's the Percee P album? I'm gonna pick it up when I get paid. I love Dilla, but didn't really get that album as it's just the tracks he did with Pharcyde and stuff, nothing new.
    It's cool man, good album. Got a nice old school meets new school kinda vibe to it. Percee with the old school flow and Madlib on the beats. They work well together. Couple of nice guest spots on there too. Just a nice piece of work all round really.

Next purchase for me is gonna be the Grimm album you've got in your signature there I think. Not sure how available it'll be over here though. Took me a while to get a copy of American Hunger last year. Was well worth it though.

Veteran Member

next paycheck about 100 dollars goin to UGHH.com for shit i wont be able to find in stores

Just picked up Public Enemys new album. gotta bump that later today...

Quote Originally Posted by A1ex View Post
    It's cool man, good album. Got a nice old school meets new school kinda vibe to it. Percee with the old school flow and Madlib on the beats. They work well together. Couple of nice guest spots on there too. Just a nice piece of work all round really.

Next purchase for me is gonna be the Grimm album you've got in your signature there I think. Not sure how available it'll be over here though. Took me a while to get a copy of American Hunger last year. Was well worth it though.
    I'm in the UK, but I ordered it from UGHH in the US. I found it later on a UK site, but even including the cost of airmail it still didn't cost any more from UGHH than it would have done from the UK site and I got some other cool stuff at the same time.

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Das EFX - Hold It Down
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

soulja boy

A Tribe Called Quest - The Love Movement

Havent listened to it yet, just got it coz its ATCQ. I havent heard the best reviews about it, but still.

^^ The only Tribe album I barely felt at all. Got it for my brother as a gift, listened to it once or maybe twice and didn't even bother to copy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post

Havent listened to it yet, just got it coz its ATCQ. I havent heard the best reviews about it, but still.
    its not awful, its just fairly average, still dilla on the production, and a couple of stand out tracks

I thiiink the last thing i bought was Made In Brooklyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Spinx View Post
    ^^ The only Tribe album I barely felt at all. Got it for my brother as a gift, listened to it once or maybe twice and didn't even bother to copy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    its not awful, its just fairly average, still dilla on the production, and a couple of stand out tracks
    I listened to this quite a few times over the last few days, and have to say its a majot dissapointment. Like Sosa said, its not awful, but its very fuckin average. All the beats sound the same, one or two arent bad, but they just get lost in between all the rest. Lyrically, their still fairly sharp, although nothing groundbreaking.

The main problem i find is its very boring. The whole cd is the same thing over and over, and right now i cant remember a single bar or beat, and i have no interest in hearing it again to be honest. But i will give it another few go's, just coz its ATCQ

^^ Probably the only thing Dilla was involved with that I didn't really feel.

Veteran Member

NYGZ - Welcome 2 G-Dom, 100 percent heat