Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Detroit!

type 'wu tang detroit' in youtube, and 2 videos of the concert should come up. there not too bad. i just found em today.
    it aint all about pickin nose and slamming saturn doors
    you gotta flex out

ah fuck me,

i missed another wu show in detroit.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

all my pics turned out shitty, but my video was kinda decent.

Mauling Panda's Rampage Dominus Santorini's Avatar

I love the clan to death but this was probably the worst Wu Tang concert I've seen, yet its still one of best in all hip hop period. GZA was pissed or something; Ghost looked like he was sick and dying; Cappadonna looked pissed the fuck off; RZA kept screaming in the mic like he's a rocker; Method Man straight killed it and was the best performer of the entire Rock the Bells (Nas, Talib and Pharoahe all had excellent sets); Masta Killa, U God, Deck & Raekwon were all consistent as far every time I've seen them; YDB was energetic;

I'm not hating the show cuz it was live, i'm just critical and can't stand it when people just say "its a flawless show" when it really wasn't. I'd definitely go again most definite.

Quote Originally Posted by God_o_mighty View Post
    i'm just critical and can't stand it when people just say "its a flawless show" when it really wasn't.
    i think the reason most people say it was 'flawless' or 'great' that is because its pry their first wu tang show so they got nothin to compare it too. actually that was my first, and i thought it was fuckin amazing. i was kinda worried that it would blow readin all these posts sayin they suck live, but i didn't see that at all. i thought they all killed it even GZA, (but when he wasn't rappin he was just standin in the back) i thought that was the only downer of the show.
    you gotta flex out

i'm lazy but hopefully in the next few days i will post my pictures and short video clips somewhere. they came out pretty good. i had a great time at the show and my only complaints were that it seemed that the mics were turned off or too low quite a bit (especially in meth's early raps), and that gza was obviously pissed off as others have noted. he actually just went to the side of the stage towards the end and was hanging out with some people there before leaving the stage all together with a few songs left in the set. everyone else seemed to give their all for the entire show and that shows a lot of respect to the fans and crowd. gza should take note of that.

i got to the show during the storm / talib's set and was wondering if MF Doom performed or even showed up? If so how was he? I heard he was a no show in chicago a few days earlier. i also saw he was supposed to play the blind pig in ann arbor, anyone go?

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    was wondering if MF Doom performed or even showed up?
    he wasn't there. rahzel, david banner, and jedi mind tricks wasn't there either. all the sites i seen said they'd be their
    you gotta flex out

i left during gravil pitt, not my favorite song, i know you can play till 11 adn it was 10:40 did they do any songs after that.

and hell gza should have not showed up at all.

yep i left at the start of gravel pit too i didn't want to but i had to catch my ride home. i hope they didn't play anything more after that, i thought that was a shitty choice to end a show though. thats the one wu tang song that i hate.
    you gotta flex out

I was suppose to go, i had 3 VIP tickets, but i had border problems wack shit, my friends still went said the show was dope.

I was so pissed I had to leave right as Wu was taking stage, right after I got to meet them back stage and got some shit signed by Cappa, RZA, Raekwon, U-God & Ghost. I wouldn't have gone if I knew I was gonna miss them perform. At least I saw em for a minute though.

how did you get to meet them, was that with the vip package( what came in that) only reason why i didnt buy that cause i knew one of my friends wasnt gonna spend 40 bucks on it

the vip ticket was $130 actually. Got me a rock the bells backpack, poster, shirt, 128mb memory card (cause the show was sponsored by Sandisk), 2 free drink tickets (thank god cause beer was fuckin expensive), and a meet & greet with the Wu before the show.
    I was pissed tho cause I bought my ticket way back on 7/7/07 and they put me in the 28th row.

{>____<}

I cannot believe this!! I live in Detroit and I've never heard anything about a Wu-Tang Clan concert. Are you serious. This is the second time I missed a Wu concert. I missed when Ghostface came to Detroit in 2004, I believe. Anyway, I'm pissed!!!
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty