Thread: Under Attack From The Robot Tank(official warcloud thread)

Say what you want about Warcloud, but he put in more work than most of these other so called "elite" Killer Beez. What's wack to you is pure artistic genius to me. I wouldn't have it any other way.
    The brutal offspring of Conan and Red Sonja.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

flamboyant steez liquidswordchamber36's Avatar

Creepshow show me one good Robot Tank song and I will change my mind on his wackness but too be honest he hasnt dropped a good verse in years. The original Holocaust style & some of the early Warcloud material is where he peaked his brilliance. Alcatraz is wack and Robot Tank pure crackhead gibberish.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidswordchamber36 View Post
    Creepshow show me one good Robot Tank song and I will change my mind on his wackness but too be honest he hasnt dropped a good verse in years. The original Holocaust style & some of the early Warcloud material is where he peaked his brilliance. Alcatraz is wack and Robot Tank pure crackhead gibberish.
    This is the best Robot Tank style track, and it's dope. It's one of the rare ones. And I don't even think it's his track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYyPnGjKZWo

Quote Originally Posted by Wutangzombie View Post
    LoTec, do you think it's possible to set up a Holocaust interview here with WuTang Corp just as they did with BSBD? You seem to be the authority on Holocausts whereabouts, maybe there's a way to make it happen? Who knows, it could even inspire him to know he's still got a large following of fans anxious to support and hear updates.
    Im just a long time fan, last month actually marks 10 years ago that I got Nightmares and Smugglin from Krow and Levi. I really dont know anything about his whereabouts, I just read things on FB and what not.

As for an interview probly a long shot but you never know he did do that video interview with Nova-Kane a couple years ago. I'll shoot Nova or Pro a message sometime and see what they think.
    Impermanence on this plane of reality/where criminality, brutality freely dwell/ Truth is a casualty in this hell/ Karma reins with divine causality, then its swell--StrangeLoveSurreal

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    He should've bowed down to the God 9th Prince.
    Ain't no one bowing before 9th Prince....
    Let alone the guy that slayed his entire crew....twice.

"Hefty....1 Arm Bandit - Stab Companions !!!!
    With Intricate Sentences Battle Crews Single Handed"

...For that costly mistake all his material (That is worth buying cause he has NONE) will never see the light of day.
    It's actually for our own good Hollow:

"Mankind Will Decline By Thousands When I Rhyme....HOLOCAUST !!!!"

Even you should have a copy of BSBD Debut, possibly his best work - polished album.

Quote Originally Posted by LoTec View Post
    Escapism was the title of the album that Holo was working on with Rza, this is pure speculation but Bluntz Martinez Girlz and Gunz may have been a product of those sessions.
    I thought "Escapism" was early Architect material ?
    Having "Midnight In The Garden Of Good" on there ?

And "Bluntz Martinez Girlz & Gunz" was a solo Holo track on The Black Knights LP ?
    Not 100% though ?

Quote Originally Posted by liquidswordchamber36 View Post
    That "crackhead gibberish" is in the same vein as The Architect track you questioned :
    "Midnight In The Garden Of Good" you even said it was perhaps his best work ?
    Bar the "Dark City Chooser/One Standard Lesson/Roller Coaster Tycoon" track.

Here lies the problem :
    As Holocaust/Silkworm you'd be hard pushed to find anyone that can spit on his level
    You're problem is you cannot detach yourself from that style....
    Which I belive wasn't even his "Original Style" it's almost so he can join in with the rest

A bit like Inspectah Deck he seriously shines when surronded by other Emcees
    But on a solo tip, he can't bring that energy in the same form, at least to me anyway.

Alcatraz is strange, like the Mr. Hyde of Warcloud to me....
    Dude made "The Jigsaw_Puzzle" in that style
    Craziness personified, far from serious with that weird voice
    Almost like the ying to Holocaust's yang :

But he blacks the fuck out here under the same name :

That is clearly not your average Rap song....

As for The Robot Tank :

I can't find the solo full version of this track on youtube
    But still, you're telling me someone who drops Silkoworm verses when he's a teenager
    To someone who creates an incredible tapestry of wonder & freedom like on this ?
    Your saying he peaked way back, then thats up to you.
    I'm saying I agree with you in terms of Hip-Hop - and what people expect
    And think they know what to expect from it.

All Holocaust/Silkworm verses will crucify your favourite rapper.
    Spat by a teenager wanting to show he can rhyme like the rest of them, but way better.
    Beat you at your own game so to speak.
    Where as The Tank material is completly beyond what anyone is doing.
    ~
    Check my sig for example :

"I Am The Robot Tank The Sheriff Deputises
    And We Met....In A Town To Look For Me"

Just becuase there is food on the table you don't like....
    It is there, none the less.

I bumped the fuck out of that Tragedy Khadafi track on the Snowgoons Album
    He sounds the same on every track I've ever heard, dude is a legend.
    Same as GZA, I'm saying it would seem strange if they were any different
    But Holo's always been a few entities : Architect, Warcloud, Holocaust.
    Along with everything else that follows

I've always said he was way to advanced to be your run of the mill rapper
    Seems I was right, as dude himself mentioned "An Instrument of Emcees"

I'm just saying If I hated him and thought he was completly wack (?)
    I'd still tip my hat to him for bringing such an array of madeness.
    Let him spread his wings you know ?

Apologies for the long haul....
    Last edited by Guarded By Martyrs; 07-28-2012 at 05:20 AM.

flamboyant steez liquidswordchamber36's Avatar

Yo wutangzombie that Robot Tank track wasnt too bad aslong as you dont compare to his older material and the beat was nice too. Whers! Midnight in the Garden of Good & One Standard Lesson are easily his nicest solo work but I find it no where near similar to Robot Tank. Your right about myself not being able to detach from his silkworm style but thats only because its the greatest style ive ever heard and it leaves me fiending for more I would give my left nut for him to return to that style. Inspectah Deck is my fave emcee of all time but your correct about him having trouble carrying an album although I find his debut album harshly underated. Im not really feeling those first 2 links you posted and I disliked his blue sky and death album but I enjoyed his first 2 Warcloud albums. The Robot Tank track you posted honestly wasnt that bad especially compared to some of the other Robot Tank stuff I have heard but I would like to listen to the song more to let it settle in then I can decide if I like it or not. Back to his original style Lotec said before he was with the Wu he was better and dropped crazy demos (need to hear that shit!) so I think silkworm could have been his original style but perhaps not .I would probably be able to appreciate his creativity and crazyness more if it just wasnt for how great his debut tracks were!. Thanks for the response Whers and I would also like to apologize for the length of this haha.

Quote Originally Posted by whers View Post

Even you should have a copy of BSBD Debut, possibly his best work - polished album.

Spat by a teenager wanting to show he can rhyme like the rest of them, but way better.
    Are you done yet? Anyways, the point I was making is that Rza is probably not releasing his original recordings because of Holocaust beating 9th Prince's ass. I don't need long essays about Holocaust. And NO Holocaust/Silkworm rhymes aren't blowing out my favorite rappers Rhymes. I heard the BSBD lp, meh ("Crash" was cool). I do respect him for branching out and not staying in the box, but it's not as good. And ultimately each new style has gotten wacker and wacker. From what I'm hearing now it's a wrap.. He has his core fan base of 300 fans, I'll let him be lol
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 07-28-2012 at 10:05 AM.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

i cant even listen to the other mc's on those songs after Holo spits haha

And "Bluntz Martinez Girlz & Gunz" was a solo Holo track on The Black Knights LP ?
    Not 100% though ?
    Ive never heard of Bluntz being a solo for Every Knight is a Black Knight, which could be possible I guess.

Escapism was reported way back on the DSC site as being the title for Holo's solo album produced by Rza. They also reported that Holo changed his name to Warcloud and talked about early North Star songs like Tell Mary and another one which turned out to be true.

This was in like 1999-2001 mind you so I might be getting things confussed.
    Impermanence on this plane of reality/where criminality, brutality freely dwell/ Truth is a casualty in this hell/ Karma reins with divine causality, then its swell--StrangeLoveSurreal

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Are you done yet? Anyways, the point I was making is that Rza is probably not releasing his original recordings because of Holocaust beating 9th Prince's ass. I don't need long essays about Holocaust. And NO Holocaust/Silkworm rhymes aren't blowing out my favorite rappers Rhymes. I heard the BSBD lp, meh ("Crash" was cool). I do respect him for branching out and not staying in the box, but it's not as good. And ultimately each new style has gotten wacker and wacker. From what I'm hearing now it's a wrap.. He has his core fan base of 300 fans, I'll let him be lol
    Yeah I'm done.
    The length & direction of my words were not aimed at you.

Quote Originally Posted by LoTec View Post
    Ive never heard of Bluntz being a solo for Every Knight is a Black Knight, which could be possible I guess.

Escapism was reported way back on the DSC site as being the title for Holo's solo album produced by Rza. They also reported that Holo changed his name to Warcloud and talked about early North Star songs like Tell Mary and another one which turned out to be true.

This was in like 1999-2001 mind you so I might be getting things confussed.
    I only say that due to the timeframe and he says Black Knights repeatedly at the beginning.
    But I could have sworn "Midnight In The Garden Of Good" was on that album though ?

Or that it is most likely his first ever recording ?

Which is scary.

I'm feeling this though..

Warcloud is the farthest I'll go with his styles

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

^^^If u like zone out tracks like that try...

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

First of all that's Killah Priest's Track.
    Second, this is that shit I'm talking about....this shit is wack, off beat, rapping about robots...priest should slap this nigga for fucking up his beat
    I'd rather listen to this..

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Creepshow View Post
    Say what you want about Warcloud, but he put in more work than most of these other so called "elite" Killer Beez. What's wack to you is pure artistic genius to me. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Not 100% though ?

That "crackhead gibberish" is in the same vein as The Architect track you questioned :
    "Midnight In The Garden Of Good" you even said it was perhaps his best work ?
    Bar the "Dark City Chooser/One Standard Lesson/Roller Coaster Tycoon" track.

Here lies the problem :
    As Holocaust/Silkworm you'd be hard pushed to find anyone that can spit on his level
    You're problem is you cannot detach yourself from that style....
    Which I belive wasn't even his "Original Style" it's almost so he can join in with the rest

A bit like Inspectah Deck he seriously shines when surronded by other Emcees
    But on a solo tip, he can't bring that energy in the same form, at least to me anyway.

Alcatraz is strange, like the Mr. Hyde of Warcloud to me....
    Dude made "The Jigsaw_Puzzle" in that style
    Craziness personified, far from serious with that weird voice
    Almost like the ying to Holocaust's yang :

But he blacks the fuck out here under the same name :

That is clearly not your average Rap song....

As for The Robot Tank :

I can't find the solo full version of this track on youtube
    But still, you're telling me someone who drops Silkoworm verses when he's a teenager
    To someone who creates an incredible tapestry of wonder & freedom like on this ?
    Your saying he peaked way back, then thats up to you.
    I'm saying I agree with you in terms of Hip-Hop - and what people expect
    And think they know what to expect from it.

Where as The Tank material is completly beyond what anyone is doing.
    ~
    Check my sig for example :

"I Am The Robot Tank The Sheriff Deputises
    And We Met....In A Town To Look For Me"

Just becuase there is food on the table you don't like....
    It is there, none the less.

I bumped the fuck out of that Tragedy Khadafi track on the Snowgoons Album
    He sounds the same on every track I've ever heard, dude is a legend.
    Same as GZA, I'm saying it would seem strange if they were any different
    But Holo's always been a few entities : Architect, Warcloud, Holocaust.
    Along with everything else that follows

I've always said he was way to advanced to be your run of the mill rapper
    Seems I was right, as dude himself mentioned "An Instrument of Emcees"

I'm just saying If I hated him and thought he was completly wack (?)
    I'd still tip my hat to him for bringing such an array of madeness.
    Let him spread his wings you know ?

Apologies for the long haul....
    REASONS WHY WHERS AND CREEPSHOW THINK WACKLOUDs INCOHERNT RAPS ARE DOPE CAUSE THEY DONT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH OR HiP HOP.

I CAN BET THERE MUSCIAL CHOICE IS ROCK N ROLL

AND BESIDES WACKCLOUD NOT MAKING SENSE HE LOST THE ART OF CHARISMATIC RAPS

NOW HE SOUNDS LIKE A LOONEY PERSON READING OFF OF PAPER

THAT BEER SONG IS WACK, AND SO IS THE SONG ANUSBLOODSPITTA POSTED, BUT ATLEAST THOSE SONGS HAD THE VERY LAST BIT OF CHARISMA HE HAD BEFORE HE COMPLETLY WENT MAD

KILLAH PRIEST ALSO PUT IN MORE WORK THAN THAT GARBAGE ASS EMCEE WARCLOUD

AND I DONT CONSIDER HIM A ELITE KILLABEE CAUSE DUDE IS TOO TRASH FOR THE WU

RIGHT NOW EVEN THE NORTH STAR DUDES ARE BETTER EMCEES

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by COLUMBIANA View Post
    REASONS WHY WHERS AND CREEPSHOW THINK WACKLOUDs INCOHERNT RAPS ARE DOPE CAUSE THEY DONT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH OR HiP HOP.

I CAN BET THERE MUSCIAL CHOICE IS ROCK N ROLL
    It's 'don't' understand English and it's 'their' musical taste...

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -