Page 55 of 281 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Under Attack From The Robot Tank(official warcloud thread)

The production on those Interludes is pretty dope. Anybody know what the sample is?

cant wait till we get a good quality version of "Hearts Of Darkness" with Shabazz. i love those tracks off that bomshot album.

Warcloud is the best MC alive or dead. just had to say it. those who agree know whats good. his style bursts out of the boundaries of hip-hop and has created a truly unique and untouchable new genre that is monopolized by the Robot Tank. IMO Holocaust is for those of us who have gotten bored of the MCs that make up the rap game and need something greater and more unique. the is no limit to the imagination of The Sign Of Hells Winter. some embrace the drastic evolution of his style of hip-hop, some hate and hide in fear. its only natural when dealing with such a drastic leap in any art form. those who hate on Alcatraz simply are not ready for such an advanced and complicated form of hip-hop. cant blame em, cause once you embrace Dr. Killgraves lyrics, theres no going back, cause chances are your favorite rapper will end up sounding boring and obsolete.

had to contribute my little rant to this thread.

Frank The Robot Tank > Your Favorite Rapper
    this isn't opinion... your G.O.A.T. will be crushed under Warclouds rhyme book (if he even writes that shit down)

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

^^ I'm sorry, but please read my previous post about patronising rants about how anyone who doesn't like your favourite rapper is not ready for him and not prepared to receive hip-hop on this level.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Quote Originally Posted by Luz7533 View Post
    The production on those Interludes is pretty dope. Anybody know what the sample is?
    Interludes ???

What ones are you talking about ?

And "Shadowless-Zombie"

Intersting name...
    You raise a good point...I would have thought he writes his lyrics down !!!
    I do agree with you though about others sounding boring once you start really feeling him.

Canibus, Priest are there as well...for me.

FRESH FISH

Holocaust is a great.

whers! Respect to you man!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowless-Zombie View Post
    cant wait till we get a good quality version of "Hearts Of Darkness" with Shabazz. i love those tracks off that bomshot album.

Warcloud is the best MC alive or dead. just had to say it. those who agree know whats good. his style bursts out of the boundaries of hip-hop and has created a truly unique and untouchable new genre that is monopolized by the Robot Tank. IMO Holocaust is for those of us who have gotten bored of the MCs that make up the rap game and need something greater and more unique. the is no limit to the imagination of The Sign Of Hells Winter. some embrace the drastic evolution of his style of hip-hop, some hate and hide in fear. its only natural when dealing with such a drastic leap in any art form. those who hate on Alcatraz simply are not ready for such an advanced and complicated form of hip-hop. cant blame em, cause once you embrace Dr. Killgraves lyrics, theres no going back, cause chances are your favorite rapper will end up sounding boring and obsolete.

this isn't opinion... your G.O.A.T. will be crushed under Warclouds rhyme book (if he even writes that shit down)
    Well said. @ Spinx, this thread aint for you if you feel offended by the truth of what is going on here. He is ahead of the lyrical game and innovative. Fact. You can not relate.
    Break fast is served

Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowless-Zombie View Post

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Some will agree..some wont. In this case, I'll agree. Holocaust is the best. I always dubbed him the poet/mad scientist. His lyrics amazes me.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

Quote Originally Posted by V4D3R View Post
    Well said. @ Spinx, this thread aint for you if you feel offended by the truth of what is going on here. He is ahead of the lyrical game and innovative. Fact. You can not relate.
    Go ahead, keep stating your opinion on art as fact, and by doing so demonstrating your ignorance.
    Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 03-22-2008 at 03:15 PM.

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

FRESH FISH

I love Holocaust. He really seems to polarize fans though. Either people love him and raise him on a ridiculous pedestal or completely trash him.

When he rhymed in his holocaust phase he's just incredible. Really rips everything. When he switches gears he can also be beautifully visual and descriptive. A real breath of fresh air and it's fun to see him be creative.

On the other hand trying to do so sometimes fails. Sometimes he misses big time. And sometimes he rhymes in obvious drug induced stupors that are pretty pathetic. At times he can be deep and include some great references. At times it is complete and utter jibberish. It is entertaining though watching people try to make the jibberish seem genius.

Anyway I'm always waiting for new things from him hopefully he's able t really do so. It's a shame he didn't get a wu backed holocaust solo years ago, that would have been ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinx View Post
    Go ahead, keep stating your opinion on art as fact, and by doing so demonstrating your ignorance.
    This is not just about art - or ignorance. Your just shittin on this thread. Thats what this is about. Fact.

Another fact is nobody puts words together like he do. If your unappreciative of it, while we are appreciating then get offended when somebody points out that y be here? And if you dont appreciate the lyricism, or want to understand the undertones and creativity of this M.C. - then why come to a thread where people that are doing that?

Did you come here and shit on holocaust's lyrics? Not that I can see. But you criticize non of the less what people see as lyrical genius.

Nobody forced you to come here. Dont be so sensitive.
    Last edited by V4D3R; 03-22-2008 at 03:50 PM.
    Break fast is served

I have never shitted on this thread. I have respect for Holocaust, I just don't see him being as great as many here do. I never said anything bad of anyone that is a fan of his, so I don't know what posts you've been reading.

I merely said that saying everyone who doesn't like your favourite artist doesn't get them and isn't on your level etc is ignorant.

I come to this thread to read what people have to say about him, to try and see why people rate him so highly. I want to read some of the quotes you post and d/l any tracks I come across to see if they convince me. I have mad respect for whers and what he is doing, and have never seen him try and belittle those that don't agree with him.

I just find it terribly arrogant to think you know best and everyone that dissagrees is a lesser being. Especially funny coming from you as you talk so much of wisdom and so on.
    Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 03-22-2008 at 04:08 PM.

Ok, I'll stop because - yes I get ignorant on full moons.
    Break fast is served

Le Maître de la Vie Gitche Manito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alc 99% View Post
    Holocaust is a great.

whers! Respect to you man!
    Yeah, I'm really starting to feel Twilight Zone and No Image.

Thanks whers.
    Last edited by Gitche Manito; 03-23-2008 at 11:10 AM.
    Comme les anges à l'œil fauve
    Je reviendrai dans ton alcôve
    Et vers toi glisserai sans bruit
    Comme les ombres de la nuit.

Quote Originally Posted by V4D3R View Post
    Ok, I'll stop because - yes I get ignorant on full moons.
    Haha.

I listened to The Holocaust album on my home from work this morning. I still don't really feel it, but I love the tracks with Killarmy and the one on Bobby Digital. My main problem with the Blue sky black Death album is he sounds like he's putting on a funny voice (bit like a cross between an Irish and Amish accent!).

Can someone recommend tracks where he sounds a bit more like he does on the earlier stuff?

D-Infinite

I love Holocaust on Bastard Swordsmen, Silkworm, Woodchuck, Punishment & of course Bluntz, Martiniz, Girlz & Gunz.

Has anyone on hear got through the whole "On The High Side Of The Sky"? Its unbelievable.