0 0%
  • 2-wack

0 0%
  • 1-FUCKING TERRIBLE

1 6.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JMT - Legacy of Blood

Default JMT - Legacy of Blood

pretty good album, and goodcome back from VOG, which isnt as strong....plus this has preist, and gza on it....8/10...
    Last edited by oDoUoSoKo; 08-23-2007 at 01:45 PM.

It is a good album, id give it 7.5 outta 10 realistically but fuck it il just put down 7 here coz they can do better.

In my opinion its beats - 9 outta 10, Vinnie Paz - 5 outta 10. Vinnies lyrics on here are fuckin stupid and annoying a lot of the time. The track with Killah Priest is the only track where he really explores something different than violence and hate. And maybe the last track, the one thats about him contemplating suicide.

He does flow well with Stoups beats though, and its interesting the contrast between the two. Stoups beautiful, orchastral beats, and Vinnies violent, agressive voice. Sort of like beauty & the beast, and thats why i think they work so well together.

By the way, the second version of 'On the Eve of War' feat. GZA is fuckin DOPE!!! I fuckin love that beat, and this slower mix of it suits GZA far better than the first. My favourite track on the album

Not as good as Visions Of Gandhi or Violent By Design, but def a good album. Production is top notch, but Vinnie ain't very good on this. Visions Of Gandhi is also the best produced JMT album. This ain't close to VOG production wise, even though it has its gems.
    7.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

I consider this to be an incredible album. I put this and the Game's Documentary together as albums that bring back the 94 sound, east and west coasts respectivelly. The JMT album has a perfect sound to it, the beats are amazing, especially the intro and first track (among others). Lyrically, well, it's Vinnie Paz post-VBD so it kinda sucks, only line i felt was "protect ya fuckin neck like a cough drop". other than that he blows but the guests kill it and like i said, you want a new album that sounds like the early nineties then this is the album. it's fucking awesome and i love it

u guys really think VOG is better than this?

paz has alot of potential but when he does things like "....daddy." that shit is annoying and a waste of talent, because i think he is talented.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    hell mutha fuckin no

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    hell motherfucking yes. First of, the production is the best Stoupe has ever delivered (Animal Rap... HELL FUCKING YES!), the guests kills it, and paz is better than on LOB... And come on, there's just so many complete, dope songs on it.. Animal Rap, Blood In Blood Out, Tibetan Black Magicians, A Storm of Swords, Rice of the Machines, Nada Cambia, Kublai Khan ++++

Legacy of Blood from a production standpoint is easily one of the strongest, if not the strongest. Violent By Design and Visions Of Ghandi are on a par too but it really just depends, the production on all three are amazing so as far as I see it what you like is what you like. Ofcourse if we are talking lyrics then the albums would be in a slightly different order.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

on the other thing.... VOG had dope beats and was saved by guest apparences.

if it had been just vinnies verses LOB probably would have been better, but it wasnt.

first JMT album i got.... and it nearly stopped me from listening to them ever again lol.

luckily my brother bought Psycho Social and Violent by Design.

i still maintain Psycho Social is a really good album, even though i know alot of people on here dont like it much.

LOB gets a 7 just because of beats and a couple of guests, vinnie on this is one of the worst mc's ive ever heard, delivery and lyrics wise/.

wow. i always hated vog. i think violent by design is a masterpiece, it's incredible. i think lob is also an incredible masterpiece (not lyrically of course) but i always thought vog sucked. yeah the guest appearences are nice (some of them...some were real wack) but the beats are only decent, certainly not his best work (rip the jacker got better beats then vog) and it dind't flow well. other 2 albums are bangas, new one blows, psycho social (yes to whoever said it gets hated on) fucking sucks.

one

Quote Originally Posted by buckshotstheone View Post
    wow. i always hated vog. i think violent by design is a masterpiece, it's incredible. i think lob is also an incredible masterpiece (not lyrically of course) but i always thought vog sucked. yeah the guest appearences are nice (some of them...some were real wack) but the beats are only decent, certainly not his best work (rip the jacker got better beats then vog) and it dind't flow well. other 2 albums are bangas, new one blows, psycho social (yes to whoever said it gets hated on) fucking sucks.
    Wtf!? Someone need to re-listen to Visions of Gandhi, and it ain't me.

One of the best produced rap albums ever. From the vocal sample(bo-bo. bop bop bop bop) on Blood In Blood Out to violin on Animal Rap to the guitar(?) on Rise of the Machines, the production is just insane.

i don't know which is better...i dont agree with the whole "VOG is production Jesus" thing we got goin'. it's good for a fuckin mosh pit, but really, none of it can fuck with Heavenly Divine and Immaculate Conception, dope shit like that, if Stoupe kept it raw, Vinnie would have to keep it VBD. stoupe's orchestral energy murder beats bring out the worst of Paz....for real.

not that i don't love the production, but i noticed that there's a direct correlation between the progression of stoupe's beats and the degression of Paz's brain. i just don't think it was the right direction for JMT's production...even if they are amazing beats

stoupe is a beast for real

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rez View Post
    i don't know which is better...i dont agree with the whole "VOG is production Jesus" thing we got goin'. it's good for a fuckin mosh pit, but really, none of it can fuck with Heavenly Divine and Immaculate Conception, dope shit like that, if Stoupe kept it raw, Vinnie would have to keep it VBD. stoupe's orchestral energy murder beats bring out the worst of Paz....for real.

not that i don't love the production, but i noticed that there's a direct correlation between the progression of stoupe's beats and the degression of Paz's brain. i just don't think it was the right direction for JMT's production...even if they are amazing beats

stoupe is a beast for real
    That's why a Stoupe/Kool G Rap album would be fucking insane 'cause G Rap can fucking handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoGnom View Post
    That's why a Stoupe/Kool G Rap album would be fucking insane 'cause G Rap can fucking handle it.
    lol I'm guessing Animal Rap is your jam.

Well it's too late now anyway...Louie Dogs has been unleashed, the VBD days are over.

I think this is a dope album though, for what it is. Saviorself and On the Eve of War were of course dope. I liked The Worst, too...even though that "long knife 12 inches" rhyme makes me want to break the CD in half. Philosophy of Horror is a standout track, too.