Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CunninLynguists - A Piece of Strange

Default CunninLynguists - A Piece of Strange

CunninLynguists - A Piece of Strange (2006)

1. Where Will You Be? - A nice intro to the album with a cool guitar loop
    2. Since When - A grand entrance into the album where Deacon and Natti trade bars 10/10
    3. Nothing to Give - Another amazing song, a dark piano beat. Deacon and Natti each drop memorable verses. 10/10
    4. Caved In - Deacon takes this one for himself and definitely delivers, Cee-Lo blessing the chorus makes this song even better. 10/10
    5. Hourglass - Kno produces an INCREDIBLE beat for this track, I thought the lyrics were good on this track, but could have been a little bit better. 9/10
    6. Beautiful Girl - Amazing beat. Natti and Deacon talk about a beautiful girl named Jane (Marijuana). 10/10
    7. Inhale (Interlude) - Just a pretty boring interlude.
    8. Brain Cell - Great piano beat, talking about the life cycle, and Kno (finally) spits a verse on this track. 9/10
    9. America Loves Gangsters - Kno delivers a dark beat, Natti does the first verse, Deacon the second, and Time Means almost talks on the third verse which I didn't really like. 9/10
    10. Don't Know Why - Incredible song, amazing piano loop on the beat and Immortal Technique kills it. 10/10
    11. The Gates - My favorite song on the track. Tonedeff pretty much makes this his solo track and delivers one of the best performances of his career about a man who is not allowed to enter heaven. 10/10
    12. Damnation (Interlude) - Kno shows off his production skills in this entertaining interlude, also a great intro to the next song.
    13. Hellfire - An extremely upbeat song. So upbeat that it is almost out of place from the other deeper, slower songs on the album. Nevertheless, the beat is crazy and it matches perfectly with the name of the song. 9/10
    14. Remember Me (Abstract Reality) - An amazing beat, but I would have liked it if someone had rapped on it.
    15. What'll You Do? - A slow, deep beat and Deacon talks about when he is done rapping. 10/10
    16. The Light (Club Dub) - A fantastic beat by Kno, for 5:30 of the song there is only about 30 seconds of rapping, still it is a great song. 10/10

Overall: 10/10

I think this album is easily a classic, best of 2006 by far. I also believe it is easily the best album the CunninLynguists have put out, if you don't have this album or have never heard it then do yourself a favor and give it a spin, you won't be disappointed.

Classic.... Nothing more to say... The most complete album I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

YES, people need to wake up and recognize this album because it is a classic. One of the best albums I have ever heard.

Sleepyheaded Nonsense Dr Sleepwalker's Avatar

C-L-A-S-S-I-C

Like all of their work..

PUMPED for 'Dirty Acres'.. Drops Decemeber!!

pea2e

PRODIGAL SUN

I hate to call it classic but it pretty much is an amazing album

Fresh 2 Deff

APOS is def a classic, thats my shit right there !
    long time since ive bought an album with so much replay value..
    thats the kinda cd you bump and just let it play for hours & hours

definitely in my top 10 albums of all time, the production is mind blowing and extremely beautiful. Kno really sealed his spot as one of the best producers in todays hiphop on this album, people need to recognize him for the genius he is!
    Last edited by Buzk; 11-25-2009 at 01:30 PM.

Deff a fantastic album... does anyone know if it's available on wax?

Almost 4 years since I first heard it, and I can only co-sign my former self.

Might just be my all time favorite album, challenged only by Wu-Tang Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

lynskey

Good album, but no where near a classic.

They always comeback with a better albums....a beautiful piece of music...beats rhymes and life

And I'ma remain in the scene and reign supreme and go to many extremes by any means

Near classic - 4.75 / 5

The only reason I wouldn't call this a classic is b/c it was released three years ago and I think classics take more than that to settle in. Anyways, still a superior album. Love the biblical concepts.

shit after duckin it for a while becuase it was backpacker n all that i got this and its amazing, i love that song with tech on it, thats an amazing verse by tech, and the tonedeff guest spot was amazing

You didn't listen to it because of the sole purpose of it being underground? Come again? D:

Quote Originally Posted by Blackprint View Post
    You didn't listen to it because of the sole purpose of it being underground? Come again? D:
    not underground but that backpacker rap that tries too hard to say all this crazy shit, guess i shouldnt judge a book by its cover,