Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Biscuits" by Ghostface Killah feat. Trife

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    You're right... I'm under the impression that True Master did use the same sample! Anyway, it ain't outta da question!
    All good though, the two tracks still got a different vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinx View Post
    All good though, the two tracks still got a different vibe.
    Exactly... it's all good! Both "Fish" and "Biscuits" are outstanding!

^^ I like Biscuits, but I personally wouldn't put it in the same class as Fish.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Nah, I ain't no kid... Probably you're gonna get taken aback, but... I'm 26 now! I ain't no American (or even Canadian, as you are,) so believe me... sometimes it's really difficult for me to get a song the right way, nah'mean! I hail from Poland (Lublin, the largest city in Eastern Poland, is my home town.) I spent many many years in London (England) as well as the States... and even though I speak English (both British and American) fluently, this esoteric American hip-hop slang still amazes me and sometimes is all Greek to me! For real! You know what I'm saying, it ain't so easy for a Pole to be always up-to-date with it...

I bet you'd get into a state when you tried to translate a Polish hip-hop track, containing stacks of Polish hip-hop slang phrases! Got it? So it ain't like I don't understand anything, dawg! Just happens sometimes I don't dig some single words that seem to be crucial to get a song right! (E.g. ask a John Doe what "dead presidents" means, huh?)

Recapitulating, please forgive me my ignorance and inconvenience, but I think this forum is the right place to get some wisdom from ya'll... And hopefully we're even... However if I'm wrong and ya wanna diss me, I'll get out... so please lemme know if I'm some kinda "persona non grata" over hurr, a'ight? Holla @ me! Peace out for now! 1
    welcome to the corp. we will teach u english (and ask Heat about blowjobs, I heard he is the master of that craft)
    bring back begongo!!

^^ To be fair, he speaks better English than most of the people on here from English speaking countries.

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    welcome to the corp. we will teach u english (and ask Heat about blowjobs, I heard he is the master of that craft)
    Gosh! You'll teach me English? Do I need it? What a sarcasm! Ya gotta be kiddin', mate! Can't I really speak English properly? Do you really think like that? Thus what shall I say about'chu, huh? As I guess, you yourself are not a native of any English-speaking country... so please don't consider yourself tha man! Nobody's perfect! As for your cutting taunts and the rest a your mockeries, I'ma pass 'em over in silence...

PS: I give props for ya recognition, Spinx!

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

sorry, I meant something completly different, I meant slang.... hope ya ain't too mad
    bring back begongo!!

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    sorry, I meant something completly different, I meant slang.... hope ya ain't too mad
    Not a problem, wera! But I had to put you in your place 'cause I wasn't sure you meant no harm! I was convinced you shoulda written "slang," but... we all make mistakes! Naaaaaaaah... I ain't too mad at'chu! It's hard to make me lose my temper! Peace...