Thread: "Spot Rusherz"

Veteran Member

Default "Spot Rusherz"

Alright, I can follow most of the story in this song, but I get a little lost toward the end. I understand they are doing some kind of stick-up and but they arrive at the apartment when it's empty and wait for the person or people to come home. This is where I get lost. There's too many pronouns and not enough names for me to figure out who's doing what to who. What does he mean by "Meet the black Lex Luthor"? Who did he shoot in the hand that starts "screamin' like a bitch"?

I have a similar problem with Ghost's "Shakey Dog", Biggie's "Niggas Bleed", and a few Mobb Deep songs, where they start using too many pronouns (which I understand has more to do with fitting the story in rhyme form) and not enough specific names, as well as slang I'm unfamiliar with for the verbs, so that I can't tell exactly what the chain of events is.
    Last edited by Cthulhu; 08-29-2007 at 10:42 PM.

My interpretation is that when they walk in he tells them to strip down to the floor, then meet the black Lex Luthor is like, meet the black version of the guy of the big boss, money maker type deal. then he shot money in the hand, the same guy he strip searched that pulled up in the millenium green. I admit its confusing but im sure in his mind it all comes together.
    They dont knock you for doin somethin smart, they knock you for doin somethin stupid, matter fact i might gotta take my shirt off

Veteran Member

isn't rae the black lex luther, tellin the fella who just walked in to lay on the floor.

He gagged the fella he strip searched so he isn;t askin him where the money is. he's askin the person who just walked him, and when he said he didn't know he shot him in the hand, so he would tell him where it is.