• poor

3 6.38%
  • wack

16 34.04%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 50 Cent - Curtis

Sleepyheaded Nonsense Dr Sleepwalker's Avatar

yeh I peeped the real version...

still givin' it a listen, lettin' it soak in... doubt it'll touch Kanye's release,.. Graduation was DOPEEEE..

I'll get back at ya'll with a real breakdown..

pea2e

PRODIGAL SUN

south haters; i'm IN brooklyn yo & can tell you Pumpkinhead is ultra-wack... ok battle rhymer but his failure to "make it" (make anything) isn't any surprise. Marco's is good there so it's not horrible...

& yes, Plies few best tunes > ANY Pumpkinhead, tho' not the hottest stuff on either Tek or Steele's recent-ish official mixtapes.

(i knew ya'll would HATE Plies but that's ok; I'd rather listen to that than ANY Common or Kweli.)

Whoever as a good version of the dirty version of this album, pm it to me please. All the links i've been coming across are dead. I just have the wack ass clean version, thanks

ephraimite

say what u will but 50 came strong on here as far as beats go lyrics are meh as always but that track that eminiem did for him is bangin!im not a fan of 50 at all but he might just bring back hip hop with this album.peep show blew me away cuz that beat is straight hip hop underground i wouldve never thought 50 would spit to a beat like that.cuz its not his type a style that he usually come wit witch is wack.im a humble man so my hats of to him

sup deity where in new haven u at? im originally from bridgeport
    Last edited by 5thlion; 09-04-2007 at 04:22 PM.

Junius might be the dumbest hip hop fan I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

Sleepyheaded Nonsense Dr Sleepwalker's Avatar

ridiculous.... lmfao at praisin' Plies over Pumpkinhead livin' on Franklin..

...Brooklyn Ac. ..get familiar....

pea2e

ephraimite

y fault i me
    Quote Originally Posted by 5thlion View Post
    say what u will but 50 came strong on here as far as beats go lyrics are meh as always but that track that eminiem did for him is bangin!im not a fan of 50 at all but he might just bring back hip hop with this album.peep show blew me away cuz that beat is straight hip hop underground i wouldve never thought 50 would spit to a beat like that.cuz its not his type a style that he usually come wit witch is wack.im a humble man so my hats of to him

my fault my fault i ment movin on up track not peep show

its way more street than i expected (aside from Amusement Park obviously) its better than The Massacre pretty dope album. the production is on point. 50 stay pickin beats with crazy ass basslines lol

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by junius View Post
    right, right-- fucking jock Common, Talib & Kanye all you like; I'll stick to my extensive DITC collection ** and ** the best G-Unit: the two can co-exist, & i have the bonus of not having any Coldplay cameos either. again, once the novelty of Kanye's admittedly clever (too clever i think) post-RZA innovations wear off... ya'll have what? calling out Bush is cool but i don't need to hear him rap too. listen with your ** ears **, not "brand loyalty" (especially lousy fake concious brands)-- it might help. that said, i'm looking fwd to "Before I Self Destruct" also; "Curtis" is schizophrenic for sure, tho' not more so than "The Massacre."

Chamillionaire > Plies "100 Years" > ALL Pumpkinhead (the only reason to listen to him is Marco Polo on the boards.)
    Haha I listen to DITC and G Unit and I think this new Curtis album is dope and Kanyes album isn't really that good but I think Kanye, Common, and Talib are great and theres no way Plies > Pumpkinhead. He's a great rapper but yeah Chamillionaire is a great rapper also.

Quote Originally Posted by 5thlion View Post

What up son, how you? I grew up in The Jungle, but I live close to East Haven now. I'm actually on my way to Bpt in about an hour to go pick up this broad, lol.

PRODIGAL SUN

MAN I think Before I self Destruct is gon be great I'm hyped

As far as the Curtis album, it's ight. It's better than The Massacre if that means anything and it's more enjoyable for me than Graduation. Everything on Graduation sounded the same to me. Some might call that cohesion, I'll call it being boring.

Anyways, Common and Talib albums are better than the other two respectively, with Talib's being the best out of the 4 in my opinion.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Deity Allah View Post
    As far as the Curtis album, it's ight. It's better than The Massacre if that means anything and it's more enjoyable for me than Graduation. Everything on Graduation sounded the same to me. Some might call that cohesion, I'll call it being boring.

Anyways, Common and Talib albums are better than the other two respectively, with Talib's being the best out of the 4 in my opinion.
    I agree with you minus the last statement I'm feeling Commons albums more but I havn't really gotten the time to listen to Talibs album straight through I've heard it all though but I'm still loving Commons album. Def better than Be.

PRODIGAL SUN

Plies isn't a great rapper & probably never will be but what he does, he does well & much more interestingly than Talib/Common fake conscious nerd bullshit. (this year's KRS-One & Public Enemy > both them also.)

Pumpkinhead is a whiny zero... & I have the goddamn cd here; like I said, I listen to Marco but promise, nobody is going after Pumpkinhead in the future unless he has a major artistic breakthrough.

can't tell if you're serious or not but Chamillionare ** is ** great; exactly when did Talib or Common EVER top "Hip Hop Police/Evening News"? thanks for your quick reply.

Chamillionare is the only dude at the moment with all the publicity he has, who can bring back Hip-Hop