Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So Raekwon actually has some pretty hot non-OB4CL songs.

Quote Originally Posted by The GFX View Post
    no comment

i can see what he's saying, Casablanca is amazing, if it were on Linx with would be a top 5 track, Shallah is lyrically iller on this then any other song on Cuban linx and the beat is deep

ppl have to get out of the stigma of not being able to say anything is better then Liquid Swords and Linx.

Actually I think Raekwon steped up his lyrical game alot on "Immobilarity". He flows and spits iller shit on this than on "OB4CL" and that should everybody recognize. Many of the beats had weak drums or some really annoying piano in 'em ("fuck them", haha, that beat is so wack - can't believe people say they love this track). But still..

Immobilarity Intro (dope, dope shit - judging from the intro this is gonna be some real major shit here)

Yae Yo - Classic
    Casablanca - One of my favorites too.
    100 Rounds - the beat is to similair to casablanca but the lyrics and flow is str8 fire.
    Jury - Listen to these jewels he's dropping here. "I just add on and teach one of y'all"
    Live from New York - Classic
    My Favorite Dread - Good storytelling, okay beat.
    Friday - Even better storytelling. Tracks like this is the reason that I count him in my top 5 mc's of all time
    The Table - Classic, real nice beat and more jewelz from Rae.
    Sneakers - OMG real fuckin' banger.
    Forecast - This is a personal classic for me, i love how he recognize all the places hes been to and just shows appreciation for all his fans.

So for me that album is really a personal classic for me, I think i know most of the lyrics since i've been banging this hard since the day it came out. Some of the beats are real wack (not those i've listed) but lyrically this is one of my favourite albums from ANYONE. now "Lex Diamond Story" was indeed another story though.. Haha, "Ice Cream 2" might be one of the wackest hip-hop records ever!! Did y'all know thats DJ Khalil (who rolls with Dre and produced for Game, Jay-Z, Bishop Lamont, 50, etc..) made that shitty ass beat.

Other standout tracks Rae did from mixtapes, etc include "Kids That Rich", "State Of Grace", "Fly Shawty Penelope" and that "My Corner" joint.

I dont think Immobiliarity was that bad, and Lex Diamonds is still a good album. OB4CL was just a classic and I dont think he or anyone else can live up to that level. Its a bit unfair for the Chef.