Thread: Did God create man or did man create God?

Default Did God create man or did man create God?

. Did god create man or did we create him to serve as a safety net . ? .

Man is God, God is Man.

The chicken came from an egg of which came form a chicken of wich came from an egg of which came form a chicken of wich came from an egg of which came form a chicken of wich came from an egg of which came form a chicken of wich came from an egg of which came form a chicken of wich came from an egg of which came form a chicken of wich came from an egg of which came form a chicken of wich came from an egg of which came form a chicken of wich came from an egg of which came form a chicken of wich came from an egg of which came form a chicken of wich came from an egg of which came form a chicken of wich came from an egg of which came form a chicken of wich came from an eggof which came form a chicken of wich came from an egg of which came form a chicken of wich came from an egg of which came form a chicken of wich came from an egg of which came form a chicken of wich came from an egg of which came form a chicken of wich came from an egg of which came form a chicken of wich came from an egg.

This question offers no answer, just great debate.

It is an ultimatum that can only be decided upon based on your view of the world.

I haven't done enough research to give a decisive answer on the issue, and I doubt many have. Until I have I will remain undecided.

Banned

Can something come from nothing? Or does nothing have to come from something?

that is the key question!

modern advances in physics have demonstrated that "things" (atleast on a quantum mechanical level) do indeed pop in and out of existence.. in essence "something coming from apparantly nothing"

however, what is more relevant in any debate regarding the existence/ non existence of a potential god or goddess is the issue of causality.

if one argues for the belief in a god, they must automatically concede to the notion that the "god" is not immune to a chain of causality, meaning that it was caused/ came from something before it.

to quote a statement i made earlier in the "ask My First Timbs Thread"
    It must first be known and understood that all religions and religious concepts stem from early hominids living in hunter gatherer societies at the whim of nature. Populations who rely more on nature and the whim of the natural world for daily survival are more prone to have developed gods and religious ideals focused on their current day to day survival. These types of gods are called “focal gods”. Focal gods are gods that preside over some aspect of reality that directly impact the daily lifestyle of the believer.

For example, a god of fire, a god of rain, a god of fertiity etc etc. Focal god communities were also prone to polytheism (just based on the nature of the belief, its only natural to have more than one god.. what good is praying to the god of fire when the soil isn’t fertile?) It must also be known that the focal god was not thought to control the whole earth. The concept of “the entire earth” was not even born yet.

as time went on and humanity life style changed , our gods and ideas of religion and god changed as well . (notice I didn’t say that humanity “progressed”.. progress is a subjective assertion!). As populations started harnessing certain aspects of the natural world, a reliance on the focal god concept decreased. In addition, now gods were less focal and started becoming anthropomorphisized (made more human like) and were now able to be sad, happy, angry etc. This death of of the focal god lead to the death of polytheism. With the ushering in of monotheism also now came the birth of rage, persecution and fear of others who don’t hold the same god concept as u!

This is why thru wars and bloodshed, the losers “god” and religion was either destroyed or somehow made more similar to the now new ruling class.

This trend continues to this very day.

Culture and anthropology and human evolution and religion type are all tied together. Cultures who have been thru many wars and oppression on average have gods who were originally less charming than populations who experienced no war or oppression (such as the case with the native American and aboriginal peoples)
    Last edited by My First Timbs; 09-11-2007 at 09:19 PM.

Available Worldwide via these book sellers:
    Barnes and Noble Bookfinder.com
    Amazon.com Trafford Publishing Target

Banned

Yes, Timbs, I almost was going to mention about in quantum physics certain things..quarks I believe they are called(things smaller than the atom, i.e. the electron), just come into existence.'
    But seeing as how I am a novice physicist(and thats being generous), I left it alone!

It makes you wonder if there are thing smaller than quarks even. Its when I think of the universe on levels like that, that I believe there as to be a creator, or something that started it all.
    Hawking and Sagan also said they had feelings like that. But alas, we still do not know.

Banned

quantum physics is really fascinated...the notion of particles and anti-particles, and how the entire universe's positive and negative energy is precisely balanced at zero. "must have balance" as Miyagi said to Daniel-son...its very true. Read Hawkings book if you haven't...Brief history of Time. I learned alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Koolish View Post
    This question offers no answer, just great debate.

It is an ultimatum that can only be decided upon based on your view of the world.

I haven't done enough research to give a decisive answer on the issue, and I doubt many have. Until I have I will remain undecided.
    Word is bond. Hang out with people seeking the truth and run away from those who claimed they found it....