Thread: Foxy Brown Talks Incarceration; Manager Denies Pregnancy

Default Foxy Brown Talks Incarceration; Manager Denies Pregnancy

Incarcerated Brooklyn rapper Foxy Brown will release her new album Brooklyn's Don Diva while she serves a one-year prison sentence for violating the terms of her probation.

Brown, who was on probation for assaulting to two manicurists in a Manhattan nail salon in August 2004, was sentenced to a year in prison on September 7 for assaulting her neighbor with a Blackberry device in July.

Brown, who completed Brooklyn's Don Diva prior to her sentencing, released a statement today (September 12), calling her incarceration a "temporary situation," while her manager, Chaz Williams denied reports that his client is pregnant.

"This is just a temporary situation," Foxy Brown said in a statement. "I made my bed and have no problem lying in it. My will is steady. What doesn't kill me will only make me stronger. I think there are greater injustices in America that require our immediate attention, like what's going on in Jena, Louisiana. I will not surrender, I'm fine, free Jena Six!"

Brown's remarks came as activists gather in Jena, Louisiana to protest the September 20 sentencing Mychal Bell, one of the "Jena 6" who is facing prison time for the beating of a white classmate.

According to Brown's manager and Blackhand CEO Chaz Williams, Brown's spirits are high despite her year-long prison sentence on Rikers Island.

"I visited Foxy at Rikers the day after sentencing, and her spirits were high. I expected nothing less. I was in court at sentencing and she didn't blink an eye. She's a strong girl. So, I'm sorry Miss Jackson, we're not impressed, and definitely not stopping musically," Williams said. "'Brooklyn's Don Diva' will be released as scheduled, and will be heavily promoted by her label, her distributors, and the Black Hand team."

While in court facing sentencing for violating her probation, Brown told Judge Melissa Jackson that she was three months pregnant.

Williams shot down the notion that Foxy Brown was expecting a child.

"And to the pregnancy rumors, this is the official statement: 'She is not pregnant, check the video out..."

Brown's new album Brooklyn's Don Diva is due in stores on November 20 via Blackhand Entertainment/Koch Records.

http://allhiphop.com/blogs/news/arch.../18577824.aspx

{>____<}

Wow! She assaulted two manicurists? For what? Isn't she deaf?
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty