Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Army Of The Pharaohs - Ritual Of Battle

The Fifth Arch Angel Soldier of Darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbePhar View Post
    Fucking disappointing

I've been looking forward to this album for at long time... But it's bullshit compared to Torture Papers !

That's funny, I thought this whole album was fire compared to TTP, which only really had a few truly solid tracks...

"A soldier of the darkness / Kidnap an emcee for a hostage"
    - Madman (nka 9th Prince)

all i got to say is Celph Title kick ass i don't know if hes Puerto Rican but i know hes Latin he totally fuckings destroy sword drawn with he's flow and voice hes my fav from this crew

i got to listen this more with headphones cuz at first with a quick glance i thought TTP was better with greater beats rhymes & flows but it could be totally misjudge with only a quick listen cuz i heard D & D didn't like it at first but when i listen to it when adding it to itune i love it in fact the fucking song is to short for that beat love the backgrounds sounds of that song

i don't care that much if its better or not this still a greate album

i think Pages In Blood use the same sample as Killah Priest Holograms but in a better way
    Last edited by RagnaroK; 09-25-2007 at 12:04 PM.
    Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

Veteran Member

Compared to Torture Papers, overall this isn't quite as good especially some of the newer mc's. On a good note though, there's 3 or 4 beats that are better than anything on Torture Papers. I think it was a mistake to give the newer guys so much space on here. I think the old crew - Vinnie Paz, Celph Titled, Planetary, Esoteric, Crypt, Apathy and Reef would've been enough to make a classic album. Even if you take out 1 or 2 of them it's unnecessary to add 2 or 3 mediocre mc's who don't really make a strong impact on the album. Jus Allah was the biggest dissapointment because he slightly brang down the album. Damn even if Celph Titled, Eosteric or Planetary were on every song that's okay because these dudes can hold their own.

The Fifth Arch Angel Soldier of Darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marc051 View Post
    Compared to Torture Papers, overall this isn't quite as good especially some of the newer mc's. On a good note though, there's 3 or 4 beats that are better than anything on Torture Papers. I think it was a mistake to give the newer guys so much space on here. I think the old crew - Vinnie Paz, Celph Titled, Planetary, Esoteric, Crypt, Apathy and Reef would've been enough to make a classic album. Even if you take out 1 or 2 of them it's unnecessary to add 2 or 3 mediocre mc's who don't really make a strong impact on the album. Jus Allah was the biggest dissapointment because he slightly brang down the album. Damn even if Celph Titled, Eosteric or Planetary were on every song that's okay because these dudes can hold their own.
    I don't think there was anyone on here who detracted from the overall listening experience... Jus Allah is a lil' weaker on his game since he adopted the "I'm-gonna-yell-at-you-like-Vinnie-Paz" kinda flow but he also brings a unique sound, kinda like how Masta Killa or U-God were never the dopest emcees but supplied a necessary element of diversification on the Wu LP's. Demoz is on what seems to be way too many tracks, but he still kills it on every one. They say Apathy couldn't record because he was too busy with Styles of Beyond or whatever but it's still fucked up they couldn't manage to get one verse of his to have a true posse cut on the album... I've been listening to this album non-stop for like a week now and I think it's probably my favorite album to drop this year... You guys might not agree with me but I'm glad they brought the noobz in, they hold their own so good for them. Oh yeah... Kamach and Reef killed this whole album anyways, if you have to complain about someone's wack presence, call out Eso... although he did markedly improve, he's still the weakest link IMO.

"A soldier of the darkness / Kidnap an emcee for a hostage"
    - Madman (nka 9th Prince)

Veteran Member

Eso is not even close to being the weakest link. The point here I'm trying to make is that 6 or 7guys is more than enough to make this album. I think there were 10 - 12 mc's on here and they made it fair even to the weaker guys. It's still one of the better albums this year but a few missteps kept it from being a classic.

Sleepyheaded Nonsense Dr Sleepwalker's Avatar

meh i aint even gona compair both albums... not worth thinkin' bout and writin' an argument... all that matters it's a solid followup album,.. i'm feelin' the Army's consistancy forsure..

pea2e

Bloody Tears and Seven are off the hook..Amazing beats and styles from all the cats of the army..The only thing that it is negative for me is that they are talkin shit about Christianity and Jesus..Fuck that..
    Last edited by Technician; 10-05-2007 at 07:26 PM.
    https://www.youtube.com/xiliesfwnesofficial

the beats are gritty and grimey... and yes agreeing with everyone else, lyrically it isnt too great, but i like this one better than torture papers...

this and snowgoons could be album of the year, if not best beats

Throw Ya W's Up!
    Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

PRODIGAL SUN

holy crap, what the fuck is wrong with Jus Allah? i was never that much of a fan but he at least used to be weird w/decent flow... this is still weird, i'll admit, but pathetic... Vinnie's actually pretty good, Reef & Kamachi excellent... 7/10 or 8/10... some of the production is a little too fake Primo/fake Stoupe but obviously those are good things to aspire to.

re: Apathy, who gives a shit, really? the white Saigon, or is Saigon the white Apathy? (i'm goofing because both are on Atlantic.) anyway, from what i've read it was up to each dude whether or not to participate; you can't force anyone to get in front of the mic.

Quote Originally Posted by junius View Post
    holy crap, what the fuck is wrong with Jus Allah? i was never that much of a fan but he at least used to be weird w/decent flow... this is still weird, i'll admit, but pathetic... Vinnie's actually pretty good, Reef & Kamachi excellent... 7/10 or 8/10... some of the production is a little too fake Primo/fake Stoupe but obviously those are good things to aspire to.

re: Apathy, who gives a shit, really? the white Saigon, or is Saigon the white Apathy? (i'm goofing because both are on Atlantic.) anyway, from what i've read it was up to each dude whether or not to participate; you can't force anyone to get in front of the mic.

Jus Allah fucking sucks on this album, complete garbage. His flow and rhyme scheme was excellent on Violent by Design. It sounds like he just used a rhyming dictionary on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Sleepwalker View Post
    meh i aint even gona compair both albums... not worth thinkin' bout and writin' an argument... all that matters it's a solid followup album,.. i'm feelin' the Army's consistancy forsure..

pea2e
    i fucking agree with ya
    Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Not enough Crypt The Warchild.

Suga Duga

Quote Originally Posted by Razorsharp View Post
    the beats are gritty and grimey... and yes agreeing with everyone else, lyrically it isnt too great, but i like this one better than torture papers...

this and snowgoons could be album of the year, if not best beats
    Wisemen and KP are the only two albums that could become album of the year

^^wisemen album sucked...

didn't checked out this one... but torture papers was really ill... I hope it can match up
    Shaolin shadowboxin' and the wu-tang swordstyle...
    If what you say is true...
    The shaolin and the wu-tang could be dangerous!
    En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...

Suga Duga

Quote Originally Posted by venex View Post
    ^^wisemen album sucked...
    yea, you're right, it was terrible