Thread: what is your view on the terrel owens situation

Default what is your view on the terrel owens situation

i mostly believe he needs to shut up and play. on the other hand i can understand him somewhat cuz the NFL can just cut you whenever they want and for no good reason other than they dont wanna pay you. i dont know what the policy for salaries is but i think that problem can be solved if they make i where you have to pay a player at least 50% of his salary deal if you cut him.

he can try to restructer his contract but when its time to go to camp he needs to be there. he has no leveridge whatsoever espcecially since the eagles went to superbowl without him.

and the whole "i gotta feed my family" thing is bullshit and its rather insulting. he needs to get punched in the mouth for sayin that dumb shit. i have no sympathy whatsoever for anyone who makes more than a million dollars a year(i dont have much sympathy for anyone who makes more than 100K a year). if you're makin that much money a year and you're in diar financial straights, thats your own stupid fault.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Mr Wuniverse

Default Re: what is your view on the terrel owens situation

TO is the best reciever in football. Without his ego he wouldnt be the same, I talk more shit than he does at everything in life. Self promotion is the way. Ali done the same. Let TO be TO. Peace.
    Peace!

i have no problem with the way he acts. up until this fiasco i've had no problem with his antics. he doesnt need anymore money and he doesnt have to worry about someone cutting him cuz he's not injured and he's a great player.

i also have a problem with him talking shit about mcnabb. he did this shit with garcia and now he's doing it with Mcnabb, a quarterback who got to 3 NFC championships in a row WITHOUT TO and to a superbowl WITHOUT TO.

i have no issue with him celebrating after scoring touchdowns but i do have a problem with him being a greedy cunt.

Mr Wuniverse

But wit you gotta realise is that the more paper you make the more shit you need to do with it. Taxes go up. Insurance. Family probs. All the shit you promised people youd get them if u made it etc;

I believe life is wit you make it. If your the best damn reciever in football and gettin paid an average wage you be a weak man to accept it. What he says about wanting all that money doesnt mean its true. Him saying that could give him a lil more n its just he dramatises it to make sure he gets it. Hink about that.

Also I dont agree that they got to the superbowl without TO. HE got them there, not McNabb. I like McNabb. But I didnt see mitchell or pinkface catchin shit fae his throws, cant be both of their faults (part fae that time pinkston ran away fae a catch against the skins hahaha). TO makes plays. If he cant he ensures others dont fae the other team either. He does a lot more than people hink he does.

I dont believe McNabb and TO have beef with each other. Its more of a brotherly hing. They get pissed at each other now n then but u know they would take a bullet for each other if it meant the team prevailed. I feel sorry for the shit TO gets. Lotta haters. Shit, its just him. If any1 hated him more it was our man Ray Lewis for that insult he done when he got his TD. But then after Ray gave an interview, TO was straight on the fone to him to say sorry, n that it was just sportsmanship, he had love for the man and Lewis accepted it.

Its just sport. Same feeling as I get when I go in the ring. I shit talk people to death, hink of the situation as kill or be killed. In that moment I know we both there for business, nuttin personal. But for me to be a good business man I make it personal anyhow Hurt him more than he hurts me and enjoy doin it. Then after I kill the enemy if they deserve respect I let it be known I got respect for em. But thats what drives me and gets me going, I let out the beast and dont give a fuck what others say. U gotta to survive in sport. Lotta shit goes on behind the scenes and all athletes know that. No matter wit the media say.

Thats all I gotta say. Peace.
    Peace!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36
    i mostly believe he needs to shut up and play. on the other hand i can understand him somewhat cuz the NFL can just cut you whenever they want and for no good reason other than they dont wanna pay you. i dont know what the policy for salaries is but i think that problem can be solved if they make i where you have to pay a player at least 50% of his salary deal if you cut him.
    thats not a bad idea, it would depend on the circumstance of the cut tho. if its an injury then its a great iead even tho alot of the time players recieve and injury settlement, but i dont think its 50%. if u get cut because u suck and they decide they dont need or want u i dont see a need to pay anything...or because u decide u wanna draw a gun on some unassuming citizen or local car window washer, then u messed up and shouldnt get anything. as it stands now, both the players union and league signed on to the collective bargaining agreement that when u get cut u get cut with no type of compensation. there has to be a reason or else i think the players union would have a real problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Man
    But wit you gotta realise is that the more paper you make the more shit you need to do with it. Taxes go up. Insurance. Family probs. All the shit you promised people youd get them if u made it etc;

this is absolutely not true. yes you have to pay taxes but there is no law that says you have to go buy a huge mansion, buy 10 cars, and have a huge pool with a fountain, full basketball court, and beach area in your backyard when you make a millions dollars a year. it is NOT the NFL's responsibility to finance someone's over estravigent lifestyle. live within your means.

I believe life is wit you make it. If your the best damn reciever in football and gettin paid an average wage you be a weak man to accept it. What he says about wanting all that money doesnt mean its true. Him saying that could give him a lil more n its just he dramatises it to make sure he gets it. Hink about that.

isnt he gonna make something like 40 million dollars over the life of his contract? thats not enough? thats an average salary??? this isnt a guy making the league minimum wanting his due, tis is guy making premium cash whining cuz he isnt making what payton and michael vick are making. you see tom brady cryin over this shit?

Also I dont agree that they got to the superbowl without TO. HE got them there, not McNabb. I like McNabb. But I didnt see mitchell or pinkface catchin shit fae his throws, cant be both of their faults (part fae that time pinkston ran away fae a catch against the skins hahaha). TO makes plays. If he cant he ensures others dont fae the other team either. He does a lot more than people hink he does.

they DID. they went through the playoffs without TO on the field. it happened man. brian westbrook is just as important to that team as TO is.

I dont believe McNabb and TO have beef with each other. Its more of a brotherly hing. They get pissed at each other now n then but u know they would take a bullet for each other if it meant the team prevailed. I feel sorry for the shit TO gets. Lotta haters. Shit, its just him. If any1 hated him more it was our man Ray Lewis for that insult he done when he got his TD. But then after Ray gave an interview, TO was straight on the fone to him to say sorry, n that it was just sportsmanship, he had love for the man and Lewis accepted it.

hopefully this is the case with TO and Mcnabb.

Its just sport. Same feeling as I get when I go in the ring. I shit talk people to death, hink of the situation as kill or be killed. In that moment I know we both there for business, nuttin personal. But for me to be a good business man I make it personal anyhow Hurt him more than he hurts me and enjoy doin it. Then after I kill the enemy if they deserve respect I let it be known I got respect for em. But thats what drives me and gets me going, I let out the beast and dont give a fuck what others say. U gotta to survive in sport. Lotta shit goes on behind the scenes and all athletes know that. No matter wit the media say.

like i said, i have no problem with someone talkin shit on the field and being a little cocky on field. i do have problem with someone becoming a distraction and parya on the team because he's mad cuz he's only making a measly 40 million dollars. poor TO...

Thats all I gotta say. Peace.
    peace

Quote Originally Posted by ch-chef
    thats not a bad idea, it would depend on the circumstance of the cut tho. if its an injury then its a great iead even tho alot of the time players recieve and injury settlement, but i dont think its 50%. if u get cut because u suck and they decide they dont need or want u i dont see a need to pay anything...or because u decide u wanna draw a gun on some unassuming citizen or local car window washer, then u messed up and shouldnt get anything. as it stands now, both the players union and league signed on to the collective bargaining agreement that when u get cut u get cut with no type of compensation. there has to be a reason or else i think the players union would have a real problem with it.
    yeah true that. thats what some of the commentators are talking about when defend TO. they say that people end up getting cut for no reason. i cant imagine why the players union would even allow the league to cut players for no reason without any compensation. they should have to come up with a legitimate reason to let player go and if they cant then they should have to pay 50% of their salary deal.

but yeah if they're breaking the law then the league shouldnt compensate them at all.

Mr Wuniverse

this is absolutely not true. yes you have to pay taxes but there is no law that says you have to go buy a huge mansion, buy 10 cars, and have a huge pool with a fountain, full basketball court, and beach area in your backyard when you make a millions dollars a year. it is NOT the NFL's responsibility to finance someone's over estravigent lifestyle. live within your means.

Thats his old pad. Still, I cant hate coz Id wanna do the same. U dream of having all that shit when you young so why diss it later? Maybe u didnt but I did. Plus, theres more to it than his materials. He is greedy. But he has the right to be.

isnt he gonna make something like 40 million dollars over the life of his contract? thats not enough? thats an average salary??? this isnt a guy making the league minimum wanting his due, tis is guy making premium cash whining cuz he isnt making what payton and michael vick are making. you see tom brady cryin over this shit?
    Nah but Tom Brady has no style. Plus when he achieves his ambitions within football he will eventually play for paper. Manning is different. He is a greedy bastard. Colts keepin him nearly cost em harrison and the edge. In that case Ida rather had a team worthy of superbowl status over money. He gonna be another Dan Marino.

they DID. they went through the playoffs without TO on the field. it happened man. brian westbrook is just as important to that team as TO is.

Aye? So how come they never won the superbowl? Had TO been fit, you know they woulda won it.

hopefully this is the case with TO and Mcnabb.

I believe it is. Hopefully it is man.

like i said, i have no problem with someone talkin shit on the field and being a little cocky on field. i do have problem with someone becoming a distraction and parya on the team because he's mad cuz he's only making a measly 40 million dollars. poor TO...

If he was a distraction he wouldnt get a team to play for. The media label TO as the bad guy but you dont hear managers and team mates moaning about him. Diff in san fran though lol. They never utilised him right and Ida done the same hing to them too.

Peace.
    Peace!

-he casn do what he wants with his money but its his fault if he loses it and its not NFL's responsibility to fund his lifestyle

-tom brady has a style its called winning. i dont see him shitting on his team mates and trying to hold out so he can make manning and vick money. the colts wanted to pay manning that cash and unfortunately they wont be able to pay harrison and james because of it. TO is just a wealthy guy bitching cuz he isnt wealthier.

-they didnt win the superbowl cuz the patriots were a better team. they got their without him though.

-teams are willing to take a chance on him cuz he's a extraordinary talent. but it doesnt seem like anyone is gonna want this guy after this. teammates arent gonna air him out in the media no way. they'll do it behind closed doors. TO is the only only one who is getting in front of the camera talkin shit.

peace

Mr Wuniverse

Ah well. Send his ass to the Ravens for a second chance lol. True about the pats, I cant see any1 beatin em but the eagles with TO in form at the start of the season were flyin, literally.
    Peace!