Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It Was Written vs Choose Your Destiny

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Default It Was Written vs Choose Your Destiny

Which do you believe in?
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

you can chose all you want, but you'll always have limits

a written destiny - written by someone who created you and knows what is going to happen in your life, but still punishes you for being bad

Quote Originally Posted by LORD NOSE View Post
    you can chose all you want, but you'll always have limits

a written destiny - written by someone who created you and knows what is going to happen in your life, but still punishes you for being bad
    Yeah I agree with what you said about 90% of it. The other 10% is the extra shit that may go on in your life that you do have control of. For example, when people blame god for them failing an exam when they didn't even study to their fullest.
    In terms of major life events I agree with you 100%, it was written. Shit you have no control over, it was written.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

This is all dependent on the choices you make through out your life.

Many forks in the road to choose a path, most choose the path of least resistence which is not always the best.

all actions and events in time have been decreed by God the creator of all in the beginning but they're not written down anywhere where we can read them.

what we do have written down is God's revealed will for His creation, so i'd go with the former as man doesn't have the ability to determine his own destiny(proverbs 16:9).
    Christianity = White Supremacy

i really have no patience with religious people these days. i can't wait to ruin their day.

it was written? your storybook mentality is ruining the world you fucking drones.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER PAI MEI View Post
    This is all dependent on the choices you make through out your life.

Many forks in the road to choose a path, most choose the path of least resistence which is not always the best.
    So are you leaning towards more choose your destiny???

Quote Originally Posted by THE W View Post
    all actions and events in time have been decreed by God the creator of all in the beginning but they're not written down anywhere where we can read them.

what we do have written down is God's revealed will for His creation, so i'd go with the former as man doesn't have the ability to determine his own destiny(proverbs 16).
    pull that verse up if you don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    i really have no patience with religious people these days. i can't wait to ruin their day.

it was written? your storybook mentality is ruining the world you fucking drones.
    So choose your destiny?

Thanks for the feedback by the way, Just a discussion i was having last night with a few people. I just wanted to see different views.

Its a mix of both. It depends on your skin color, surroundings, education, opportunities, the choices you make, how you were raised. (If your parents set good examples and modeled good behavior). The people you affiliate yourself with, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER PAI MEI View Post
    Its a mix of both. It depends on your skin color, surroundings, education, opportunities, the choices you make, how you were raised. (If your parents set good examples and modeled good behavior). The people you affiliate yourself with, etc...
    Ok, that's the feeling I got from your post put I didn't want to assume.

Just look at Aaron Hernandez, dude had all these opportunities and he decided to let his emotions dictate his path. 40 Million dollar deal and you walk around with the same mentality as the knuckleheads, who have not.
    Damn!

He may have already led a foul life behind doors. I hear they're investigating him for another murder in 2012.
    In any case, I feel like I'm starting to come to a greater understanding of these things. I've been reading a lot of books, talking to others, gathering different ideas. It Was Written, God gives you the will to complete the story. On the other hand, how we react to certain events determines each outcome.

It has been said the only difference between man and ape is our ability to think before we act, our ability to control our emotions and not be so impulsive. In this case Hernandez is an ape.

Veteran Member

You'd be surprised as to the amount of people walking around in human form, but are in essence animals!

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

circumstances can bring out the inner animal in any one

be locked away for a long period of time by yourself and see what happens

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

I agree mostly with pai mei for the most part

Alot of shit in our lives we had/have no control over and some of those circumstances undoubtedly affect how much of your destiny lies in your hands. This can be what you religious weirdos call "was written".

for example, your family structure, your ethnicity, where you are born, what you were born into and consequently the opportunities that are available to you. All these things (and more) may have a bigger impact on what you CAN be rather than the persons mind set in regards to his drive and motivation (which is undoubtedly going to be affected by these uncontrollable circumstances that he/she was born into)

A girl who is born in a poverty/drought stricken area in a village in india or similar will not have the same oppourtnuties availalbe to her as say a white girl born in beverly hillls. (duh). they can both end up later in life with the same job, same degree, sitting next to each other at the same place of employement but the girl who was born in the village undoubtedly has a tougher road to travel in trying to get to where she wants to be in life

do I believe that your god planned out your life and evereything that happens to you he decided beforehand so that every little thing you experience in your life was already planned and set in stone? No. That is a rather childish and illogical theory imo.
    We do it for the people.