View Poll Results: What do you think of Perserverance???

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Instant Classic

3 75.00%
  • Great

1 25.00%
  • Average

0 0%
  • Wack as fuck, cuz T-Pain isn't on it (anyone that picks this option loses their hip hop pass.)

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Percee P - Perserverance

Default Percee P - Perseverance

100% Classic shit @ 2007..I dont have much to say about Percee..Awesome flow and punchlines

https://www.youtube.com/xiliesfwnesofficial

this album was tight and P is a legend but half way thru the album I wish he would just switched the flow up. He use that same flow every track and thats why I dont dust this album off more and keep it in rotation.

Bump..

that flow get annoying

Wtf you are talkin about?Are you crazy.....?

the man to praise, love that joint...CLASSIC

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

madlib sampled contra........CONTRA NIGGOUH!!!

Wu Vatican

shits the bomb baby
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

PRODIGAL SUN

get real: there are at least 200 mcs in NYC >>> Percee P. the dude never "made it" because he has no goddamn personality, just that flow & the idea he's a "legend." Stones Throw jocks are hyping this but the lyrics are... ???

... & Vinnie Paz here is double ???

i already deleted this but i posted his idiotic gun talk metaphors before-- even a hit or miss album like Sheek Louch "Silverback Gorilla" murks this nonsense becasue Sheek almost always says something at least weird. just cuz Percee has had a hard luck story, sort of, doesn't mean he REALLY deserverd better.

(& yes, Kool G. Rap is a fucking has-been also, "Half A Klip" = a total load.)

Busta Rhymes cameo on that one Icewater song (yes, Rae's Icewater) >>>>>> all of Percee P combined.

that's just the motherfucking truth. i KNOW we're hurting for hot black mcs in NYC at the moment but elevating a mediocrity like Percee P ain't uplifting the race, ya'll, it's just wack.

Quote Originally Posted by junius View Post
    get real: there are at least 200 mcs in NYC >>> Percee P. the dude never "made it" because he has no goddamn personality, just that flow & the idea he's a "legend." Stones Throw jocks are hyping this but the lyrics are... ???

... & Vinnie Paz here is double ???

i already deleted this but i posted his idiotic gun talk metaphors before-- even a hit or miss album like Sheek Louch "Silverback Gorilla" murks this nonsense becasue Sheek almost always says something at least weird. just cuz Percee has had a hard luck story, sort of, doesn't mean he REALLY deserverd better.

(& yes, Kool G. Rap is a fucking has-been also, "Half A Klip" = a total load.)

Busta Rhymes cameo on that one Icewater song (yes, Rae's Icewater) >>>>>> all of Percee P combined.

that's just the motherfucking truth. i KNOW we're hurting for hot black mcs in NYC at the moment but elevating a mediocrity like Percee P ain't uplifting the race, ya'll, it's just wack.

Wow. Thats real. Even about kool G rap. No matter what though , I still got respect for somebody that has a product and set up something that they could eat off of at any point in time.

It is kinda wrong to hail this as a classic though. The madlib work is great. excellent. but I aint buy it as an instrumental album. That flow ..... that flow. He's got it down perfect cuz its his only one.

Stones Throw should Fuck with Count Bass D. I asked him why he wasnt fuckin with them when I talked to him at a show and he said that basically that label is kinda fucked up. I aint really gonna go into all that but I'm saying, if stones throw really wanted to present a VEt or help boost an MC in the game , it coulda been somebody like count or they coulda tried to talk to Jay Electronica. ANybody. Somebody new , whatever.

Percee P is a poor man's G Rap.

I dont know about his personality but his flow is incredible..Madlib's sounds are incredible too..Idk why but while I was listenin to Prerseverance i understood that this is the real hip-hop nowadays..Phat beats and strong flows..If you dont like it you can listen other NY cats like 50..haha

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

I love Percee P, but I always knew that when he finally dropped an album it would be incredibly limited. He has a great flow, but he is a one trick pony, and was probably always best suited to dropping singles and features. Beats are quality though.

By the way, there's already a thread on this in the album reviews section.

EDIT: This seems to have been merged with the thread I mention. Swift work!
    Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 04-10-2008 at 06:50 AM.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...