Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: La The Darkman **MOST UNDERRATED WU-FAM MEMBER!??**

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

La is good, but Killarmy will NEVER be bested as the greatest Wu affiliates of all time.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

La reminds me of Xzibit, when he started....don't know why...but to me, he is like Wu-Zibit
    bring back begongo!!

most definitely an excellent lyricist.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Quote Originally Posted by 37thParallel View Post
    I don't give a fuck what dumb niggaz and critics think...frankly, LD is the best affiliate out man....slept on as much as Joe Budden IMO. Willie The Kid (his likkle bredda) is signed to Dj Drama's camp Apphiliates Music or something (LD is the VP of said company)& is pretty nice with it too (cop his mix tape...Divide & Conquer).
    What are your thoughts on the "12th Member"? And will he have a slice of the 8-D album?

No matter...Polluted Wisdom is dope...and so is Heist of the Century.

THOUGHTS?
    -37th-
    co-sign wit both handz n feet

La Rulez
    Peace God

alot of wufam albums got lost in history as just that, wufam albums. not credited as good hip-hop albums. just like wu-syndicate. the production and rhymes on that record are far better than any killarmy album. but those dudes have never really been heard of. to get off topic. if la the darkman & wu-syndicate dropped another album that was taken well care of by wu-tang records that would be so fucking amazing. i hate that wu-fam is pretty much nonexistent anymore. you go to chamber musik.com and all these new cats are on there... fuck that. what about the dudes that used to be all over "official albums" la the darkman, timbo king, killa sin. these guys are doing their own thing with no love from the wu. when i used to think wu i thought of all of them, not just the clan. thats what my love of wu is for, all these dudes. it a shame. bring '98 back
    FCK A SHOUT OUT!

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Yeah LA The Darkman comes with that darkness...
    Great Emcee...best in the Wu-Fam....Holocaust.

The Fifth Arch Angel Soldier of Darkness's Avatar

since when is La still Wu-Fam? i thought he wasn't really down with those guys anymore... all he does is street mixtapes with Willie da Kid and some street-mixtape DJs (can't bother lookin up who).

not 100% sure, but i'm pretty sure hes not...

oh yeah... and Killarmy > La the Dark any day of the fuckin week... but I really gotta give it to United Kingdom/Population Click

"A soldier of the darkness / Kidnap an emcee for a hostage"
    - Madman (nka 9th Prince)

LA is the man.......

the 'heist...' album is classic to me

the new mixtape with wiillie the kid is hot. maybe the beats are too south but the lyrics are dope as always when LA iis on tha mic....

so.... Yes. hes one of most underrated Wufam.

----the what you said iz truth.....wu will survive----

yeah i love his first album, but then i heard some wack mixtape with all these poppy southern beats and i was like nah fam

Quote Originally Posted by shystar36 View Post
    just like wu-syndicate. the production and rhymes on that record are far better than any killarmy album.
    GTFOH....

naw... seriously fam -- get the fuck out of here.

...that shit is straight blasphemy.

beats on Wu-Syndicate are boring as hell... there's like 2 good songs. joe maf and myalansk were straight-up average rappers. and if there's one thing there's too many of in rap music, it's albums packed with redundant emcees on even more redundant beats. notice how many Clan members fucked with those dudes... 1? (Ghost) And even he prob'ly just felt sorry for the muh'fuckaz..

nothing has bested SWFQW as the best Wu-Fam album... i had high hopes for the Sunz debut when they dropped but it was nothin like The First Testament...

at any rate, you trippin.

-SoD-

(speakin of Wu-Syndicate... was that them U-God was dissin on "Stay In Your Lane?" sure seemed like it first time i heard that track... them, and Deadly Venoms...)

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Darkness View Post
    GTFOH....

nothing has bested SWFQW as the best Wu-Fam album... i had high hopes for the Sunz debut when they dropped but it was nothin like The First Testament...
    LOL @ This. 9th Prince is the reason that album will NEVER be a classic. If his flow was like it was on FLW then I would agree. By time FLW came out you could tell who the true lyricists were in the group.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    LOL @ This. 9th Prince is the reason that album will NEVER be a classic. If his flow was like it was on FLW then I would agree. By time FLW came out you could tell who the true lyricists were in the group.
    True, but comin out the gates we all knew he's RZA's brother and his flows would be... er.... unconventional. Still, he flows nicer than Islord (so does my mute uncle though)

Banger-to-album ratio, SWFQW still kills it. Dirty Weaponry was tight, but slightly less good than SW... and Fear, Love, & War (aside from "The Push" and "Militant") was completely immemorable.

come to think of it, 9th wasn't so bad...

Deep in the ocean of the Atlantic, here comes the killer falcon
    I meditate between waterfalls, and mountains
    Brain-cells is able to be biodegradable
    When I think, it's hazardous to ya ozone layer
    Wit premeditated-killer plans to kill the mayor...

(not from SWFQW but still nicer than any shit Islord ever dropped)
    Last edited by Soldier of Darkness; 11-26-2007 at 09:34 PM.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Darkness View Post
    True, but comin out the gates we all knew he's RZA's brother and his flows would be... er.... unconventional. Still, he flows nicer than Islord (so does my mute uncle though)

Banger-to-album ratio, SWFQW still kills it. Dirty Weaponry was tight, but slightly less good than SW... and Fear, Love, & War (aside from "The Push" and "Militant") was completely immemorable.

come to think of it, 9th wasn't so bad...

Deep in the ocean of the Atlantic, here comes the killer falcon
    I meditate between waterfalls, and mountains
    Brain-cells is able to be biodegradable
    When I think, it's hazardous to ya ozone layer
    Wit premeditated-killer plans to kill the mayor...

(not from SWFQW but still nicer than any shit Islord ever dropped)
    You should peep my Killarmy thread I made. I think SWFQW has great beats which make the album what it is. Dirty weaponry has the best lyrics out the three, but on FLW they all flow well accept b9 sometimes, beats are fire too. 9th prince reached his peak on that album. heist of the Century may be better beat wise than Dirty weaponry.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

la is dope no doubt, but? where is la? i havent seen him round? and the last shit i checked from was a joke, he doesnt even represent new york or wu-tang, hes all about alanta and making crunk comerical raps. LA killed it on meths latest album on the song the Glide, but he didnt even spill a verse? so until he comes out with an other album and its dope, then people can talk if hes the most slept on..... Beleive or not, i think every single killa bee has been slept on besides street, hes the only one tourin with wu, been a on clan album and what not.