Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So i just got an HDTV....

Default So i just got an HDTV....

So i just got a HDTV, is a 37" (1080P) from what i heard is suppoused to be a very nice resolution, so i went to my cable company and picked up a HDTV digital box, well it turn out that the cable box doesnt go all the way up to 1080p, so the quality of the images are not as good as i thought it would be, So now i dont know wether the problem is with my new tv or with the cable box, maybe both.

I just got it on sat, so i have plenty of time to find out more about the whole thing, and thats what im trying to do, i will welcome any piece of advise.

L~>1<~NKS

Well if you know for sure that ur TV does 1080p then it ain't your TV.

Call your cable company. Find out how much the cable box puts out.

You can only get 1080p with HDMI or VGA (werd, I learned) hook up. It could be that not all channels if any are in 1080p.

Go online g, google your questions - you'll be suprised on how much shit you learn... I became learned only a couple months ago mahself.

Yeah my tv goes 1080P and no the cable box doesnt go all the way there, and not all chanels are HD neither, but i will take ur advice and search on the net. thanks man , peace!
    Last edited by TrueDciple; 10-08-2007 at 10:14 AM.

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrueDciple View Post
    So i just got a HDTV, is a 37" (1080P) from what i heard is suppoused to be a very nice resolution, so i went to my cable company and picked up a HDTV digital box, well it turn out that the cable box doesnt go all the way up to 1080p, so the quality of the images are not as good as i thought it would be, So now i dont know wether the problem is with my new tv or with the cable box, maybe both.

I just got it on sat, so i have plenty of time to find out more about the whole thing, and thats what im trying to do, i will welcome any piece of advise.
    xbox 360 must look ill on your tv
    , i got a 56 inch hd but i think my shit only 420p

Yeah i got the total package, the tv the xbox and nba2k8

L~>1<~NKS

Does the xbox got HDMI? - if it does you'll def get the 1080p. If you got the older XBOX you can upgrade to a VGA cable (check if your TV has a VGA port first) and then you can also get 1080p only it's not as detailed as teh HDMI.

There are some rich mofos up in this place. I can't even afford to look in the direction of a HDTV.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Quote Originally Posted by L1NKS View Post
    Does the xbox got HDMI? - if it does you'll def get the 1080p. If you got the older XBOX you can upgrade to a VGA cable (check if your TV has a VGA port first) and then you can also get 1080p only it's not as detailed as teh HDMI.
    i have no idea, i just got that shit on sat, so im going to check , it should have it.

to the others....

im not rich. lucky maybe but not rich....yet

{>____<}

Don't you hate it when shit like this happens? Things that seem to good to be true end up getting fucked up for you at the end of the day. Good luck with your new HDTV.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Satalite And Cable Providers DO NOT GO PAST 1080i this is something i learned while searching for perfection it may say full 1080p but the broadcast signal is only 1080i .....also you may have gottin a shitty tv with a slow frame read rate ....it depends on how fast your tv can read the signal comming from the program more expensive ones will read it faster producing a crisp clean picture....also the program has to be on a HD broadcasted channel only HD Broadcasted Channels Will Produce HD Quality Picture .....1080i is Beautiful Trust That ....If You Have A Toshiba Regza Like I Do The Home Theater Edition Than You Will Enjoy The HDMI Broadcast Upconvert Feature That Will Automatically Convert Digital Picture From Non HD Programing To 720p Hope This Helps

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

my pops got hd cable box from comcast and the HD channels dont look much different looks the same 2 me
    , maybe he has a 420 like mines, his is 61 inch

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

I got an 19" Samsung HDTV. Now you think that may sound small, but for a single room the thing kicks ass. Its accually pretty big. HD channels, and 360 are beautiful on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMus Da MaNtis View Post
    Satalite And Cable Providers DO NOT GO PAST 1080i this is something i learned while searching for perfection it may say full 1080p but the broadcast signal is only 1080i .....also you may have gottin a shitty tv with a slow frame read rate ....it depends on how fast your tv can read the signal comming from the program more expensive ones will read it faster producing a crisp clean picture....also the program has to be on a HD broadcasted channel only HD Broadcasted Channels Will Produce HD Quality Picture .....1080i is Beautiful Trust That ....If You Have A Toshiba Regza Like I Do The Home Theater Edition Than You Will Enjoy The HDMI Broadcast Upconvert Feature That Will Automatically Convert Digital Picture From Non HD Programing To 720p Hope This Helps
    Mines is a Sharp Aquos....and yeah the cable box doesnt go up that high only 1080i...and i just got a HDMI cable from monster and is not that much of a diffrence, im so close to returning this shit, not even a quater of the chanels are HD, and most of them for some reason dont even fill my tv screen totaly so im very disappointed, i dont know i prob, return the bitch or exchange it for another brand or something, like i say shit shouldnt be so fucking complicated when u pay almost 2G's for a fucking HDTV.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueDciple View Post
    Mines is a Sharp Aquos....and yeah the cable box doesnt go up that high only 1080i...and i just got a HDMI cable from monster and is not that much of a diffrence, im so close to returning this shit, not even a quater of the chanels are HD, and most of them for some reason dont even fill my tv screen totaly so im very disappointed, i dont know i prob, return the bitch or exchange it for another brand or something, like i say shit shouldnt be so fucking complicated when u pay almost 2G's for a fucking HDTV.

yeah i had that problem with the programs not filling the screan to your gonna hafta set your tv to 1080p than set your cable box to 1080i 4:3 Not 16: 9 Try That Out

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO, DA GRIM LATIN View Post
    There are some rich mofos up in this place. I can't even afford to look in the direction of a HDTV.
    my thought exactly, i dont evn know whut 1098p 0r 420p iz shit is rough down here. soup kitchen any one?

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!