21 36.21%

14 24.14%

3 5.17%

1 1.72%

4 6.90%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Nas ~ It Was Written

-

LOL@i'm being gay. Hotnikks, just because I don't like the same album as you doesn't mean I'm gay. I don't have to like what you like. It Was Written isn't all that good.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

nada ignorante

It was Written wasnt all that good just like OB4CL right? You´re making a lotta sense now.....
    N.I.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    IWW was a more whole album than Infamous. If you like the very limited range of ideas on infamous than it's a perfect album. I think they did an awesome job executing in vivid detail their mentality and the streets that made it so. The freestyle before 'give me yours' sums it up but IWW was better because it had more range in my opinion. Infamous also has a lot of tracks but most are useless lol. Shook Ones, Party's Over, Survival of the Fittest, and sometimes up north trip. Everything else is redundant. Even Shook Ones and Survival are the same damn song basically.

IWW had The Message, Rule the World, Live Nigga Rap, Suspect, Nas is Coming, I Gave You Power, The Set Up etc. All of them take you to a different place while still working together fluidly. Each song stands alone. Infamous is for people that like that specific story but for me it's not enough to entertain me for the whole of the albums duration

P and Havoc can't rap like Nas either. Only thing I don't like about Nas is I think he was too focused on the persona and theme. Illmatic sounds like a collection of thought processes and It was written was less introspective and personal, which I guess is fine.
    you're entitled to your opinion bruh. if you think IWW is better, than so be it. The Infamous lacked a range of topics, but what do you think a young hiphop fan growing up in the hood circa 1995 wanted to hear anyway?

just like Charles said, Live Nigga Rap was the hardest song on It Was Written and technically, it's a Mobb Deep track.
    Last edited by Chungsanity; 08-19-2015 at 08:34 PM.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

love this album

lsitenin to it right now, dope album.

-

Thanks Chungsanity.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

nada ignorante

Live Nigga Rap is a hard song and thats about it. Far from being the best production on the album.
    N.I.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Two decades ago today, Nas dropped what continues to be his most polarizing album. Affirmative Action was the INESCAPABLE summer time banger. If you did not hear this song, then you probably lived in a soundproof home, because I used to hear this song about fifteen times a day from cars driving by. I instantaneously fell in love with I Gave You Power and thought that it was the most brilliant idea to have ever been put on wax in hip hop. NOBODY in hip hop has even remotely close to the level of attention to detail has displayed on his first five albums.

The ABBOTT

This dropped 25 years ago this week. I give it a 9.5 out of 10. Near classic. That Nas is coming track is trash. Everything else is gold.

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Still not sure if It Was Written beats Illmatic. I love them both.
    I rate both albums equaly. Cant choose one over the other
    N.I.

Both classics, just different subject matter.
    Retired.