15 25.86%

21 36.21%

14 24.14%

3 5.17%

1 1.72%

4 6.90%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Nas ~ It Was Written

Lyrically i think its a step up. The production is very different to Illmatic, trackmasters have a mainstream sound but they still gave it a dark tone that fits with the really grimy stuff like 'suspect' and 'live nigga rap'. The production inspired some of Nas' best songs.

I think the lyrics and themes on this are quite deep, and Nas just improves with darker and deeper raps.

I don't know if its better than Illmatic, thats almost if not a perfect album. But its a classic.

-

It's not better than Illmatic LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Chungsanity View Post
    real recognize real. all these people giving IWW less than a 9 dont know shit. IWW was better than Illmatic, that mainstream crossover was just a media blowup to make people think IWW wasnt on par with Illmatic.

Nas stepped up his lyricism on IWW and the beats were more sinister and gritty.

IWW = classic 10/10 album.
    funny how much my perception on IWW has changed since this post. it's still a solid album but IWW has become grossly overrated by revisionist hiphop fans. All of a sudden, his sophomore effort is rated higher than his debut album. in what universe? it even beat The Infamous in a head to head poll on the allhiphop forum recently. not cool.

-

That's funny hahahahahahahahahahaha. It Was Written isn't better than Illmatic and The Infamous.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

nada ignorante

IWW>>>The Infamous
    N.I.

-

Yeah right hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

nada ignorante

Those 2 are classic albums in my book. I just always felt IWW was iller.
    N.I.

-

Whatever you say buddy LOL. Nas and Mobb Deep's Live Nigga Rap is the hardest song on It Was Written.

nada ignorante

Shootouts hits harder...
    N.I.

-

I disagree. I Gave You Power song is harder than that.

nada ignorante

I gave you power is my favorite track from the album so of course thats gonna be the hardest. But still Shootouts>>>Live Nigga Rap.
    N.I.

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    IWW>>>The Infamous
    I'm a fan of Nas just like everyone else but The Infamous is a masterpiece. The Infamous by consensus is usually a top 10 hip hop album ever, IWW is in the 2nd or 3rd tier group of the greatest hiphop albums.

Shook Ones II > any joint on IWW.

Party Over is my favorite joint off the LP. you can't close an album better than that.

P went hard on Live Nigga Rap

"Floatin in the river with your body wrapped in plastic"

"Runnin up in the spot, mask and duct taped up
    Pig tied they motherfuckin wrists to they ankles"

Nas was saying things like

"curriculum of a mathologist deep throats, they try to swallow this
    Anthropologists, dynasties of great knowledgists"

he was just throwing out a bunch of big words.
    Last edited by Chungsanity; 08-08-2015 at 07:56 PM.

-

LOL@Chungsanity saying Nas using big words on Live Nigga Rap. I agree. Keith Murray and Canibus do the same thing and I bet they don't know what the words mean that they're saying LOL. That's good though that they read books because most rappers don't read. So at least Keith Murray, Canibus and Nas have something else to talk about instead of talking about the same stuff that most rappers talk about which is killing, sex, drug dealing and money LOL.

Lol@ complaining about Nas using big words. Are those lines that difficult to understand?
    Anyway, classic song, and great verse from Nas. P's verse was meant to be on LA,LA, a great verse as well. I think the song was meant for Mobb Deep's album.

I have no problem putting IWW over The Infamous. Nas is a better, more interesting MC than both P and Havoc and I've never been crazy about Havoc's beats.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Last edited by Chungsanity; 08-11-2015 at 09:55 PM.