Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "It's Now Called Nigger"

Veteran Member

It seems that he's trying to sell the album by its name alone just to get some attention or make a statement. Instead he should just be more focused on the content of the album being on point. Funny thing is Nas makes himself look racist sometimes.

1st of all NOBODY knows what Nas's intentions are on namin' his album NIGGER .... it's possibly for potential sales.... or to make a political statement...

Hell Dick Gregory wrote a book called NIGGER and there wasn't any outrage over that.... and I'm sure his intentions was to tell his story...and not sell books (of course we all know he gonna do that in the process).....

I think that's a HUGE double standard... how can author write a book called NIGGER wit' a message.... and no outcry from blacks.... but it's wrong for a rapper....especially one wit' a message to..... now blacks(and I'm black too and I'm sayin' this shit) wanna say Nas is a ignorant simpleton who doesn't understand of the history of the word.... yadayadayada.... all that BS.... and all that self righteous bullshit.... I hate that shit forreal....

Just let that project ride for itself... and see what it's all about when it comes about....
    Last edited by NY_Mami; 10-19-2007 at 09:25 PM.
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=55925&dateline=119951  8518

THE CHEF LOVES MY MASTERPIECE

Now known as Defcee Definitive X's Avatar

^^^That's what I'm saying.

"Got heat for everybody/watch the microphone burn..."
    =Akrobatik

no one cares about him using the title, or at least they shouldnt. the guy is just trying to grab some pub'.

its a lot cheaper than getting the label the push your shit.
    Last edited by THE W; 10-19-2007 at 09:20 PM.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Veteran Member

Can you imagine if some of my coworkers who don't listen to hip-hop saw this album on my desk? Or what if I went to Best Buy and asked the salesman, do you got that new Nas album "The N word." Shit just doesn't sound right.

Wow...sorry, dude, but you're an example of someone who cares a bit too much. Hip-Hop heads the world over, of any race, are gonna cop this album because they're fans of Nas'. And if you're talking about Best Buy, you shouldn't even have to ask someone. Just walk over to the rack under "Nas", and buy the freaking album. That's all.

=Akrobatik

And to be honest, if you're only concerned about what others think of the music that you listen to--or even the album title of the music that you listen to--then I don't know what to think of you.

=Akrobatik

Veteran Member

I just think Nas got carried away with trying to make a political statement. In the times we're living in today you have to be careful because people are sensitive. I think maybe Nas' last few albums didn't sell that much so he thinks this is the only way.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Definitive X View Post
    And to be honest, if you're only concerned about what others think of the music that you listen to--or even the album title of the music that you listen to--then I don't know what to think of you.
    That's my point bra...I don't want people to think of me as something that I'm not. It disgusts me to walk up to the register at best buy and all the stuff that would be going through the cashiers head. People who listen to hip-hop already have a bad rep because people think we're all criminals and gangsters. The country is still at war so people are quick to label something as un-American. This shit just makes it worse.

I bet he dont get away with calling it that. If he does then good on him. It is only a word afterall, people have to get used to it, its only cos of all this political correctness bullshit that theres an outrage.

Plus i'm doubtfull its gunna be any good with Features such as Diddy!!!

I cant stop bangin Nas mixtape 'The Hidden Crate' mixed & compiled by DJ Ayres. Its fuckin solid, 6 outa 5 stars. sorta like a best of but its sick!!!

I recomend any fan of nas to pick this up a.s.ap
    "Read the sign hip-hoppers"

Oldie has a point, looking at the features on this album with production from Dupre and Diddy I just can't see this album being up to par. Hip Hop is dead was an average album at best and anyone thinking it was a classic is fooling themselves. I just wish Nas would wake the fuck up and work with some real talent and not keep aiming for the lowest common denominator, both production wise and media attention.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Listen...Nas is an artist. At the end of the day, it's not about the names that he works with, but the work they produce. I'm sick of people shitting on rappers just because of the musical choices they make. There's a certain logic to making an album, and Nas is smart enough to understand this. This LP will have a sound that will be all its own, regardless of who crafts it. Some groups (i.e. All City) have had INCREDIBLE producers on their shit, and STILL haven't made good records. Of course, like any Hip-Hop head, I want Premo, Pete Rock, and Large Professor to have beats on this record. But Nas has his own reasons for not including them, and I trust him enough as an artist--and an adult in general--to make these types of decisions for himself.
    Last edited by Definitive X; 10-19-2007 at 10:12 PM.

=Akrobatik

Quote Originally Posted by Definitive X View Post
    Listen...Nas is an artist. At the end of the day, it's not about the names that he works with, but the work they produce. I'm sick of people shitting on rappers just because of the choices they make. There's a certain logic to making an album, and Nas is smart enough to understand this. This LP will have a sound that will be all its own, regardless of who crafts it. Some groups (i.e. All City) have had INCREDIBLE producers on their shit, and STILL haven't made good records. Of course, like any Hip-Hop head, I want Premo, Pete Rock, and Large Professor to have beats on this record. But Nas has his own reasons for not including them, and I trust him enough as an artist--and an adult in general--to make these types of decisions for himself.
    I hear what you are saying but (lol) why do people always assume Im talking about Primo, Large Pro and P Rock when I mention production?.....theres more producers and beatmakers out there........You may be right, maybe I should give him the benefit of the doubt, but I have to say the last album I liked from him was God's Son. I haven't heard Streets Disciple fully but the tracks I did hear I didn't like, Hip Hop is dead was mostly garbage, things are just not looking good. I have been patient but if he fucks up with this one? I may never check for his shit again.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Hahaha...okay, I see your point...it's easy to see that you're not concerned about Pete Rock, Primo, or Extra P since the last LP you heard by Nas didn't have production from ANY of those dudes.

=Akrobatik

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Its not the fact that the album is called Nigger that annoys me, just that he is using the title only for shock and sales. He could care less about the social impact of the word