Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: "It's Now Called Nigger"

he should call it nigger then not use the word in any of his rhymes in the album.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN88 View Post
    he should call it nigger then not use the word in any of his rhymes in the album.
    yes i agree.

he should stick with nigger or whatever else he wants to call it

Quote Originally Posted by Marc051 View Post
    Can you imagine if some of my coworkers who don't listen to hip-hop saw this album on my desk? Or what if I went to Best Buy and asked the salesman, do you got that new Nas album "The N word." Shit just doesn't sound right.
    Or how about:

white kid: Yo did you hear Nas' new album Nigger?

*gets punched out by random black kid*

Now known as Defcee Definitive X's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldie View Post
    Ive decided i dont reckon Nas will go through with this...its more than likely just another statement!

And people saying dont shit on an artist cos he's fuckin with different names to the usual suspects, names like Diddy isnt gonna produce you quality music IMO!!!

If people really think Diddy or Pharrell or Wil.I.Am or who ever is gunna bring nas back to his old style (which is arguably one of the greatest of all time) then you are settling for whats given, and whats given is soft to put it one way!
    People said the same shit about will.i.am making beats for Common and The Game, yet he had THE hardest beat on Doctor's Advocate. Go figure.

And the Trackmasters--THE TRACKMASTERS!--made some of the best production that Nas ever rhymed to. I've learned from years of listening to Hip-Hop that you can never underestimate a musician before listening to their music.

Except for Soulja Boy.

"Got heat for everybody/watch the microphone burn..."
    =Akrobatik

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Definitive X View Post

And the Trackmasters--THE TRACKMASTERS!--made some of the best production that Nas ever rhymed to. I've learned from years of listening to Hip-Hop that you can never underestimate a musician before listening to their music.
    they also hooked 50 up with some gems on Power of the Dollar

Quote Originally Posted by Definitive X View Post
    People said the same shit about will.i.am making beats for Common and The Game, yet he had THE hardest beat on Doctor's Advocate. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post
    they also hooked 50 up with some gems on Power of the Dollar
    Even the sun will shine on a dog's ass. Every shitty beatmaker out has made some gems, the point is that their track record as a whole is not good.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Quote Originally Posted by Prolifical ENG View Post
    Or how about:

i was thinkin about this today

i predict that the release of this album will lead to an apocalyptic race war that will see the eradication of all humanity

start buildin your underground bunkers now if u havent

{>____<}

And to think that the black race image couldn't get any worst than it already is. Jesus Christ! I can see what's going to happen in the future with them. The media is going to have a field day with this. Just accept being a nigger, Nas. Ignorant motherfucker!
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Default yooooooooooooo

i dont think he's accepting it. we get called nigger everyday on television subliminally and white people act like it doesnt happen. damn near everything from the cotton everybody fuckin wears on their body - slaps us in the face.

"shit, black people shouldnt even have to buy clothes." MY GRANDMA USED TO PICK COTTON FOR 75 CENTS A WEEK.

white people act like they dont see it till its on cnn or some shit. we accept it like some asses. same shit different day. if my family had white slaves back in the day and got paid, we would be wealthy like most white families are. there would be no poverty. but whites act like they dont understand that. no its not an excuse - it just is. yes, it sounds like an excuse, but it really isn't. they benefitted so much from slavery but act like "oh, thats nuthin, it's 2000somethin, you should be ok now" FUCK YA'LL.

i think nas is trying to get it ALL out there. it needs to be put out there more, muthafuckaz puttin up nooses everywhere like itz the shit to do.
    i'm sure there are still whites who would say there is no racism. that shows - were not done - so, i guess to call his album 'nigger' is good because racism still exists. if youre white and dont understand why you cant say nigger, then yes, nas needs to name his album NIGGER.

LIKE HE SAID, he's not going to do something stupid and ignorant with the title, AND TO ASSUME THAT MEANS THAT YOURE CALLING HIM A NIGGER, an ignorant muthafucka, thats what a nigger is. we'll see though. i mean, ya know everybody's talkin bout it...maybe after a while it will be The N.
    Last edited by GBUILDING; 10-21-2007 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prolifical ENG View Post
    Or how about:

or go around calling it Nas' N-Word album

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by princegambino36 View Post
    i dont think he's accepting it. we get called nigger everyday on television subliminally and white people act like it doesnt happen. damn near everything from the cotton everybody fuckin wears on their body - slaps us in the face.

"shit, black people shouldnt even have to buy clothes." MY GRANDMA USED TO PICK COTTON FOR 75 CENTS A WEEK.

white people act like they dont see it till its on cnn or some shit. we accept it like some asses. same shit different day. if my family had white slaves back in the day and got paid, we would be wealthy like most white families are. there would be no poverty. but whites act like they dont understand that. no its not an excuse - it just is. yes, it sounds like an excuse, but it really isn't. they benefitted so much from slavery but act like "oh, thats nuthin, it's 2000somethin, you should be ok now" FUCK YA'LL.

i think nas is trying to get it ALL out there. it needs to be put out there more, muthafuckaz puttin up nooses everywhere like itz the shit to do.
    i'm sure there are still whites who would say there is no racism. that shows - were not done - so, i guess to call his album 'nigger' is good because racism still exists. if youre white and dont understand why you cant say nigger, then yes, nas needs to name his album NIGGER.

LIKE HE SAID, he's not going to do something stupid and ignorant with the title, AND TO ASSUME THAT MEANS THAT YOURE CALLING HIM A NIGGER, an ignorant muthafucka, thats what a nigger is. we'll see though. i mean, ya know everybody's talkin bout it...maybe after a while it will be The N.
    I agree with you 100%. I just wish Nas would've named the album something else.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

*prepares for mass media orgies w/ this when it drops*