Thread: ghostface in vegas

Default ghostface in vegas

anybody checkin out the god with a live band???
    10/28/07 Sam Boyd Stadium Las Vegas, NV
    i am..

PRODIGAL SUN

I want to go, not tickets though.

miha

short review:
    Ghostface Killah Treats Ghouls and Gansters in Vegas

Wu-Tang Clan's Ghostface Killah got things started on the second and final day of Vegoose with an odd set that confused many in the audience while also entertaining them. His backing band, the Rhythm Roots All-Stars, warmed things up for 20 minutes with an energetic set of world-beat and Latin-infused ass-shaking originals before Killah and his MC crew took to the stage to rap mostly about "pretty b-----s" and other indulgences. Killah displayed his shady side from the get-go, decked out in a thick purple hoodie and baggie jeans, effectively giving a great big middle finger to the oppressive midday desert heat. It was unbearably hot just watching him sweat it out.

This was Vegoose, a Halloween-themed festival with a giant evil pumpkin in the middle of the concert ground, so while Ghostface Killah dressed in ghetto gear, many in the crowd were dressed in ghostface, as killers, vampires, ghouls or gangsters. With little irony, Killah led the audience in a genuine shout-out for his fallen friend and Wu-Tang Clan mate, Ol' Dirty Bastard. Following a chant of "O.D.B.," Killah shouted, "R.I.P.!" It was perhaps just a little bit creepy but the nod to the dearly departed was entirely befitting of the Halloween vibe. We didn't see or hear of anybody dressing up like Ol' Dirty Bastard, per se, but we did run into a few that fit the description quite convincingly. And at least one of them was onstage.

source
    Last edited by miha; 10-31-2007 at 07:52 PM.

And in the end..? Kriszy Substance's Avatar

Thanks for posting review miha. Mid-day dessert heat? Was outside and daytime? I am interested in battle?'s feedback very much if he went.

the rythem root allstars went on @ 205pm..the second show of the day..
    vegoose was set up with 3 stages an ghost was on the main one an the first one 2 preform on that stage on sunday..pharoh monch went on round 1pm..on a side stage..
    this was a dismal show up....probally about 200 strong for pharo an then 4 ghosts set..
    the rythem roots played for around 25 minutes be4 theodore came out..they hyped probally for 5-7 minutes be4 ghost came out...
    started off with the champ with vocals...very nice with the horns...
    there was probally 10 of us in the crowd that actually new who ghost was etc....very lame crowd reaction..no wu bats..probally why it took so long 2 get the god out..
    ghost stopped the band on 2 seperate occasions..once due to trife not being able 2 keep up with the beat..he was hella pissed...wigs killed it the whole show though i was very impressed..the other stop was during cheche..when the rythem roots didnt even due the correct intro for the song..tony made em stop it an repeat it correctly..
    trife did ugods lyrics.. on che che
    ice cream was kool..the beat needs work..
    basically the whole chemistry between the rythem roots an theodore/ghost was off to a degree...
    run sounded kool with the horns..
    i can only hope as this tour goes on that the chemistry will grow..etc..
    cause there is huge potential..
    biscuits was probally the highlite of the show..
    ghost was on stage for around a half an hour././be4 he was out..
    ive seen ghost on several other occasions...i give this show a 4 out of 10 due to the lack off rythem roots knowledge of ghost material

on a side note the day be4 atmosphere played with a live band as well an fuckin destroyed it..very tite..

And in the end..? Kriszy Substance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by battle? View Post
    biscuits was probally the highlite of the show..
    ghost was on stage for around a half an hour././be4 he was out..
    ive seen ghost on several other occasions...i give this show a 4 out of 10 due to the lack off rythem roots knowledge of ghost material

on a side note the day be4 atmosphere played with a live band as well an fuckin destroyed it..very tite..

Thank you very much. Really wish I could have seen this. GREAT feedback. To clarify, Ghost was the only to play with live band?

p.s. I've always been a somewhat lonesome Wiggs fan so I appreciate a positive review of him when I see it. 718.