Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Spic's & Stones Will Break My Bones But Words Will Never Hurt Me

Default Spic's & Stones Will Break My Bones But Words Will Never Hurt Me

I have officially appointed myself as the spokesperson for latin culture and history. This thread is designed to answer any questions about latin culture and history.

All the non spanish folk at the corp this thread is for you, people want to know why latins come in different shades?.....the answer lies here, but I will just answer directly to questions.

For all the latin peeps here, feel free to answer and explain shit too, I want everyone taking part, but just before we do........

Now that I have heterofied the thread as Links would say......let's get started.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Method Man

Well I just put the cedar shoe trees back in my dancing shoes....

I don't know why I'm some Latina magnet...I'm just a white guy!

But yeah I like to salsa....learned it at a young age (long story) but I did it ever since.

I don't know if its just salsa and smooth loafers that attract these chicas...

I tell them I don't anymore Spanish than whats required to complete the daily crossword. I know "love to Pedro" is Amor...one Latina said "Baby thats the only word in Spanish you need to know."

I don't know....this culture....there has to be more to it than salsa and smooth refined leather shoes.

This thread had lots of potential as a "post hot latin bitches thread"

Teachin Da SeedZ

^^Feel free.

Method Man

Veteran Member

i have a question re: "la raza".

how do most latinos view themselves in terms of race?

sub-question: do fully white latinos like Skampoe imagine that they have some distant black or indian heritage and therefore feel free to say shit like "nigga", or are these fucking idiots just frontin'?

that's my question.

peace.
    Da Universal Magnetic Bitch Oppressor

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"

Veteran Member

oh yeah, by the way. only some latinos are mestizo/mulatto and those cats know who they are b/c they're treated like shit by the white 'latinos' who ironically identify with being non-white when they come to the US etc.

perfect example, the white ass slave owning anti-Castro Cubans who are 'latino' only as long as it benefits their politics of lets get back our shit (that we stole).

fuck them.
    Da Universal Magnetic Bitch Oppressor

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"

Latino/a, Latin American, and Spanish are all different but most people wouldn't understand that.... Maybe you could clear that up to the underclassmen.

Quote Originally Posted by D.D. King (lateshowghost) View Post

sub-question: do fully white latinos like Skampoe imagine that they have some distant black or indian heritage and therefore feel free to say shit like "nigga", or are these fucking idiots just frontin'?

that's my question.

peace.

The thing about Latinos is that we are not necessarily a race of people but rather a mixture of many races. For example my fam has spanish european/ native indian ancestry and more recently black as well because of my great grandmother. My fam is classed as Mestizo meaning mixed.

Most latins break down like this....

Native Indian/ spanish

Native Indian/ Black

Black/ Spanish

A mixture of all three.

This explains why latinos come in various shades. But the thing to remember and this will explain why certain "white" looking latino people don't view themselves as white is because within their own family, besides maybe themselves, they are darker. You could be really light skinned but your brother or mother could be a darker shade of brown, this is actually a common thing within latino familys.

Of course not everyone who is born in Puerto Rico for example is latino. In the modern era immigration is more common hence causing the latino distinction to blur a little. If you are born and raised in a latino country but your parents immigrated from Norway for example, you would be a latino national but you would not be a latino. I know a lot of "latino" people who's family origins lie in europe or somewhere else.

But to answer your question directly it is hard to say because even latinos could not give a clear distinction, it really depends on who you ask.

LOL......skampoe is not white, he clearly has latin blood so yes he would have indian heritage, I don't know if he has black heritage but he does have spanish roots.

With regards to latins using the word Nigga casually, thats just in America, cos I don't use it and I have never heard latins in the uk use it.

Method Man

Also a majority of Mexicans are of Spanish and American Indian heritage, same as many Central and South Americans. Its all rooted in the Spanish language and how exactly it became the dominant language in Latin America.

Spain's imperialism, domination, and settlement of the Western World and the existence of American Indians (Mayans, Inca, Amazonians, ect.) is the key to understanding the race origin.

Method Man

Quote Originally Posted by HarlemDiplomat View Post
    Also a majority of Mexicans are of Spanish and American Indian heritage, same as many Central and South Americans. Its all rooted in the Spanish language and how exactly it became the dominant language in Latin America.
    This is true.

Method Man

Method Man

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by D.D. King (lateshowghost) View Post

that's my question.

peace.
    u just hatin cun im a puerto rican god wit knowledge of self n u just a lil emo white boy whos gay
    nigga nigga nigga nigga

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO, DA GRIM LATIN View Post

The thing about Latinos is that we are not necessarily a race of people but rather a mixture of many races. For example my fam has spanish european/ native indian ancestry and more recently black as well because of my great grandmother. My fam is classed as Mestizo meaning mixed.

Most latins break down like this....

Native Indian/ spanish

Native Indian/ Black

Black/ Spanish

A mixture of all three.

This explains why latinos come in various shades. But the thing to remember and this will explain why certain "white" looking latino people don't view themselves as white is because within their own family, besides maybe themselves, they are darker. You could be really light skinned but your brother or mother could be a darker shade of brown, this is actually a common thing within latino familys.

Of course not everyone who is born in Puerto Rico for example is latino. In the modern era immigration is more common hence causing the latino distinction to blur a little. If you are born and raised in a latino country but your parents immigrated from Norway for example, you would be a latino national but you would not be a latino. I know a lot of "latino" people who's family origins lie in europe or somewhere else.

But to answer your question directly it is hard to say because even latinos could not give a clear distinction, it really depends on who you ask.

LOL......skampoe is not white, he clearly has latin blood so yes he would have indian heritage, I don't know if he has black heritage but he does have spanish roots.

With regards to latins using the word Nigga casually, thats just in America, cos I don't use it and I have never heard latins in the uk use it.

im puerto rican =spanish/taino indian native to p.r/african

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!