9. Bring me down 5/5
    10. Addiction 2/5
    11. Diamonds from Sierra Leone (remix) feat Jay-Z 5/5
    12. We Major feat Nas and really doe and Tony Williams 5/5
    13. Hey mama 2/5
    14. Celebration 4/5
    15. Gone feat Consequence and Cam'ron 5/5
    16. Bonus track** Diamonds from Sierra Leone 5/5
    17. Bonus track** we can make it feat Talib Kweli, Q-Tip, Common and Rhymefest 5/5
    18. Bonus track** Late 4/5 hidden track

I'll give it 8/10

Mauling Panda's Rampage Dominus Santorini's Avatar

Definitely never enjoyed this album because by the time it came out I was fucking tired of Kanye's whinning ass.

7/10

You are not your job Tyler Durden's Avatar

Not a Kan fan, not at all.
    Im not gonna rate it till I listen to it properly.
    I just had to show my love for 'Drive Slow'

I can listen to that any time of day.

8/10

Death Poet

Good solid album. We Major is off the chain and i loved Gone. Production wise this album is very innovative in my opinion. I think he hooked up with some movie composer on this one.

pretty dope album, there is some weak tracks on here and alot of times the compositions just sounds a little to "pop" for my taste. BUT when it shines it really shines, K.West is one of the greatest producers to come out the last decade and this album further proves that point; as poster above said, production-wise this is really innovative most of the time. KanYe definitely improved his rhyming skills too, he's not half as wack as people make him out to be although his voice can be a pain in the ass.

if it was cut down to around 12 tracks i would rate this higher, but as of now it's a 7/10 for me. the finest tracks include "Touch The Sky", "Diamonds (RMX)", "We Major", "Crack Music", "My Way Home", "Drive Slow", "Gone" and "Gold Digger".

Jay-Z and NaS definitely had the illest rhyming moments on the album, Common and Cam'ron brought heat too!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Took it out and dusted it off last month. I voted 9.The album is set up nice.The skits were better spaced apart than College Dropout. Beats banged harder.That Common shit was ill. I wish he wouldnt have went so big on het mama though cuz I heard the demo version of that or whatever and its way better ,more straight forward.

...actually having Bernie Mac do the intro voice instead of having somebody act it out like on College dropout.

LR is official imo.

Gone came up on my iPod today while I was in a train. I was blown away and had to check up the lyrics immediately with Safari. love the beat climaxing up and down at different parts of the song.

-

Ya'll listen to Kanye's faggot ass? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I've never wanted to hear his albums.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Great album. Its a shame he'll prolly never make somthing this good again

It's one of those albums that I wouldn't really call hip hop. I think Kanye West has said that he considers himself a pop artist. Not that it makes this album bad by any means.

There's a positive atmosphere throughout the entire album and it is really good produced (although the skits annoy me) as there are tons of nice layers in the sound.

He has never been a great rapper but still I think his flow is quite good and he's rhymes very precise - never off the beat at all.

Top tracks: Gold digger and Diamonds from Sierra Leone

8/10
    Last edited by JakobR; 04-10-2010 at 06:13 PM.

i've been revisiting this album a few times during the last few days and i like it more on each listen to be honest. personally i would say that this is Kanye's best work, the one that should be considered his masterpiece, the production on here is incredible. one of the best produced albums of the last decade, Kanye got great talent and has a good ear for samples and coming up with good ideas and when letting those ideas clash with film scorer and pop producer Jon Brion and a 2 million dollar budget the result is plain amazing. the sound is very clean and huuuuge, with lots of instruments incorporated catapulting it to stadium status as West himself might've said.

it can be hard to get over the ignorance and arrogance of Kanye as a person with all his divalites but he DOES have skills on the mic and he speaks on alot of interesting topics that alot of people can relate to - which is one of the reasons so many people feel his music. he got massive pop appeal with this record while still managing to keep it a hip-hop record, the drums are always knocking too! all the guests kill it as well, Nas spat a real "Illmatic" verse on here; i must say Jay-Z probably had the weakest contribution tho. his verse was dope but wtf, it didn't fit the song AT ALL.

the two weakest moments on the CD for me is "Roses" and "Addiction" but even those are pretty dope and makes sense within the context. i feel Kanye is probably the #1 artist of this generation, and the fact that he knows it and is so fucking confident about it is what bothers alot of people.

8.5/10

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Been listening to this lately, a huge mature step-up from College Dropout.

8.5/10
    "I know that after my death a pile of rubbish
    will be heaped on my grave, but the wind of
    History will sooner or later sweep it away
    without mercy."
    - Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili

Not as good as College Dropout. Still a bunch of dope cuts though.

7/10