0 0%

2 40.00%

0 0%

0 0%

Thread: Jay-Z - Vol 1. : In My Lifetime

Default Jay-Z - Vol 1. : In My Lifetime

1. Intro/A million and one questions 3/5 Okay beat a bit annoying
    2. The city is mine feat Blackstreet 3/5 alright
    3. I know what girls like feat Puff daddy and Lil Kim 2/5 Puffy and Lil Kim are just annoying in this
    5. Streets is watching 5/5 better
    6. Friend or foe 98 5/5 good
    7. Lucky Me 5/5 Deep
    8. Sunshine feat Foxy Brown 2/5 bad
    9. Who you wit 2 2/5 bullshit
    10. Face off feat Sauce Money 5/5 sick
    11. Real n****s feat Too Short 3/5 not so sick
    12. Rap game/crack game 3/5 annoying
    13. Where I'm from 5/5 One on the best tracks off album
    14. You must love Me 5/5 Deep
    15. Wishing on a star 3/5 Okay
    16. Wishing on a star remix 0/5 WTF

4/10

What you think?

Mauling Panda's Rampage Dominus Santorini's Avatar

Never been much of a fan of In My Lifetime, too fucking flossy

One of Jay-Z's best album, if you feel Reasonable Doubt you should get into this album as well..

"A Million & One Questions/Rhyme No More" - 5/5 without a question
    "The City Is Mine" - 4/5 i don't mind a track being commercial as long as it's banging.
    "I Know What Girls Want" - 0/5 i listened to this song once when i got the album, never again.
    "Imaginary Player" - 5/5 i love the laidback beat on this one plus he kicks lots of good lines on here.
    "Streets is Watching" - 5/5 yes reasonable doubt style here, flow is tight as hell, lyrics is fire, beat is on point.
    "Friend or Foe '98" - 5/5 this is so fucking vivid, really worthy sequel of the first classic. much more energy involved though.
    "Lucky Me" - 3.5/5 great lyrics on some situations shit, the beat is just a bit to mellow to get a perfect 4 from me.
    "Always Be My Sunshine" - 3/5 flow is on point as usual, the beat and chorus is pretty dull. decent track..
    "Who You With" - 4/5
    "Face Off 2000" - 4/5 dope shit again, the only thing i have a problem with is the way the beat breaks down during the chorus. doesn't sound correct, both kills it lyrically though.
    "Real Niggaz" 4.5 - Real dope, a beat that perfectly suits a east/west collabo.
    "Rap Game/Crack Game" - 5/5 another highlight of the album, i loves all the references he drops on this. it's well thought out and works well, funny about how much he sampled and talked about nas back in the day though.
    "Where i'm From" - 5/5 real fucking fire. one of the most rugged cuts in his career.
    "You Must Love Me" - 5/5 the music sets the vibe of the lyrics perfectly here, again jay on some real vivid shit. this track really gave me the chills the first time i heard it..

Overall i'd give it 4.5/5 - i probably prefer this to "blueprint" and pretty close to "reasonable doubt".

Wu Vatican

i like it.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Love this album. Theres a few not so great tracks, but overall its very solid. 'City Is Mine', 'Streets Is Watchin' 'Friend or Foe' 'You must Love me' are fuckin bangers. Id give this 8/10

Banned

4/5 for me ...

i love every track ... but i know what girls like is WACK ... kim and puffy are horrible ... which is sad because jay came alright ... the hook's are terrible especially kim's
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

^Yeah, that song sucks ass. I think this album is dope as fuck though, and should get more recognition admist all the love for RD and Blueprint

Banned

yeah for sure ... volume 1 gets no love ... even though i'm critical of jay i'm kind of coming around to liking him again ...

"I got blood money, straight up thug money, that brown paper bag under your mattress drug money"

thread starter left out Imaginary Player ... wtf ??
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

-

In My Lifetime was his last good album to me. I like the songs Imaginary Player, Streets Is Watching, Friend Or Foe 98, Sunshine, Who You With, I Know What Girls Like, Rap Game/Crack Game, Where I'm From.

SikoCeLL

I really like this album, this album is perfect to bump at night, sets the mood beautifully.. i think it's his second best album after Reasonable Doubt.. i actually prefer it to The Blueprint. My fav tracks are A Million and One Questions, The City Is Mine, Imaginary Player, Friend Or Foe, Lucky Me, (Always Be My) Sunshine, Who U Wit II, Rap Game/Crack Game, Where I'm From, You Must Love Me.... all dope songs in my opinion.