Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: first reviews of 8 diagrams?....on a maxim mag

ephraimite

Default first reviews of 8 diagrams?....on a maxim mag

its not a hip hop mag but they gave it 3 1/2 stars although the low score they praised it as the hardest albums of the year they mentioned some tracks but i read it quickly though dont remember it to much.its the maxim with eva mendez on the cover.

3 1/2 stars? dam i thought itd get higher than that didnt they last albums get those same scores?but then again this is maxim an not an official hip hop mag

the only people i still see giving honest reviews with credibility are rolling stone, and pitchfork.

rapreviews.com is my shit...

allthough they made some serious mistakes with scores of some albums..especially wu albums (iron man, wu tang forever, the pillage, ...)
    Shaolin shadowboxin' and the wu-tang swordstyle...
    If what you say is true...
    The shaolin and the wu-tang could be dangerous!
    En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...

WuTang is the Foundation smokebongoncliff's Avatar

why would you care what maxim says about the album. its fucking maxim

Now yo yo, whattup yo, time is runnin out. It's for real though, let's connect politic - ditto. We could trade places, get lifted in the staircases. Word up, peace incarcerated scarfaces

fuk what just 1 person thinks about a album , what u hate is what i love and what i love is what u hate....
    http://www.openentrance.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/jay-z-beyonce-0614073.jpg

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bocs View Post
    the only people i still see giving honest reviews with credibility are rolling stone, and pitchfork.
    Pitchfork gave Bobby Digital in Stereo a 2.9/10.......

honest and credible? really?

PRODIGAL SUN

pitchfork is a fucking joke; at least half the time the writers are just plain WRONG about basic facts, esp. if it's not "indie" rock. a recent example was a review of John Phillips-- ya'll might know him from your parents Mamas & Papas albums-- which missed the point so far the dude who wrote the thing was either a goddamn retard or didn't listen... let alone the fact he CLEARLY did not know history.

anyway, that's just one example of many.

Q: how did Maxim do a ** real ** review? Are there full album review copies floating around-- & if there are, wouldn't we know the tracklist by now-- or are they bullshitting off one of the press previews they had a while back?

i trust hiphopdx(to a small extent) and myself only if i want an album ima get it and c for myslef ima get 8 diagrams no matter what ne one says period

pitchfork gave edan's fumbling over words that rhyme single
    1 star. i'll never take them seriously.

firstly THE PILLAGE IS DOPE

secondaly - how can they rate somthing thats not out yet

you cant really trust any reviews...

but there are the least trustworthy in terms of what wu tang fans would enjoy listening to. so 3.5/5 seems like a good score to me.

Rolling Stone are rdiculous when it comes to hip hop, they just give every Kanye album 5/5 for being the most original thing they've ever heard.

the people reviewing this stuff obviously dont listen to hip hop out of choice, so i dont see how their opinion matters at all.

its probably because wu didnt pay them enough to make a good review, cant trust magazines and shit

I saw a review for 'Iron Flag' in a Maxim magazine back when it dropped, and they were saying how it was good to see them finally drop another dope album after 'Forever' and 'The W' were so shit. So I'd say they have no fucken idea what they're talking about.

Pitchfork is lame as fuck, a bunch of whiny fucking indie-rock faggarios who expect every single release to live up to their narrow-minded, trendy standards.

GENERAL WISE

I don't think that the magazines will have any effect on who will buy the album.

and I also have another question.

Is y'all maaaaaaad??