Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Congrats to Cappadonna & Inspectah Deck: Top 20 Verses of All Time!

Wu Vatican

Cappa on Winter Warz is nothing short of incredible. At one point you forget there's even a beat you just listen to each and every line. He grabs you from the first line, and when "truth in the song be the pro black teaching!" ends and the song ends, it's just pure hip hop at its best right there. Any real hip hop fan can recite part of that verse.

I know you can't fill a list full of wu tang verses, but out of all the crazy ones I can think of, what is more deserving than Ghostface's verse on All That I Got is You?

That Cappa's verse is classic, more than classic actually, it's #1 wu-tang verse ever delievered and Im glad Cap gets some props. It's not only the lyrics, it's that fuckin delievery, it's like nobody could stop him that day, if you would have taken his mic away, he would've keep raping.
    Last edited by WU-KILLAH; 11-11-2007 at 11:50 AM.
    F.L.I.N.T.

FRESH FISH

Quote Originally Posted by WU-KILLAH View Post
    It's not only the lyrics, it's that fuckin delievery, it's like nobody could stop him that day, if you would have taken his mic aways, he would've keep raping.
    that sums it up man. just the unstoppable passion for hiphop in that verse.

you can feel it in your soul.
    "karma hits like justice but without the satisfaction" - HADEZ the human torch

"I don’t live in that world. And it’s not that I don’t live in the present, it’s just that I don’t fuck with that part of the present state of Hip Hop. Dudes started doing this thing for money instead of the love of Hip Hop, and I don’t fuck with them cats." - Kool G. Rap

Ridin' in the Wu-mobile rubyspirit's Avatar

Thumbs down

Crappy list ...

Banned

i always loved cappa's verse on winter warz, but i think his verse on daytona 500 is his magnum opus

ok list...kane was better then g rap and what about nas on verbal intercourse

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

THE LIST IS BULLSHIT

If I were to pick the top 10 Wu tang verses, those 2 wouldnt be in there. Maybe Decks would make it to No10.

As for the rest of the verses, its joke.

Swollen Member

Ghostface on impossible is a glaring omission from that list.
    RZA finest ever verse (4th chamber) should also make the list imo.
    Deck's verse on Triumph is awesome, but I reckon Masta Killer drops the best verse on the track.

Wu Vatican

They aren't going to load up a list with Wu verses, it's just not fair to the rest. Stop mentioning obscure masta killa verse #1 or method man slept on verse #1. I will agree that Nas's verbal intercourse verse should be on there.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

they are talking about the DOPEST verses....so those two outta the Wu are prolly dat, and like I said in the other thread, where is Holocaust (Silkworm)?
    bring back begongo!!

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    like I said in the other thread, where is Holocaust (Silkworm)?
    as insane as that verse is, they're not going to put in a verse by a rapper noone has heard of taken from an album nobody cares about

Swollen Member

Quote Originally Posted by deadlymelody View Post
    They aren't going to load up a list with Wu verses, it's just not fair to the rest. Stop mentioning obscure masta killa verse #1 or method man slept on verse #1. I will agree that Nas's verbal intercourse verse should be on there.
    no, I'll mention whatever verses I fuckin want to. I'm sure everyone else will too.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Literate Type Asshole View Post
    as insane as that verse is, they're not going to put in a verse by a rapper noone has heard of taken from an album nobody cares about
    damn, so true
    bring back begongo!!

EVEN IF HE'S SMOKED OUT HE CAN'T BE SCOPED OUT

hatin ass bitches

EAT DIXXS NIGGA!

respect

Quote Originally Posted by WU-KILLAH View Post
    That Cappa's verse is classic, more than classic actually, it's #1 wu-tang verse ever delievered and Im glad Cap gets some props. It's not only the lyrics, it's that fuckin delievery, it's like nobody could stop him that day, if you would have taken his mic away, he would've keep raping.
    c/s to this and Deadly

Lots of people hating on him cause of lyrics but it's his delivery that kills it, he's just so fucking relentless, you don't hear many 2+ minute verses with energy like that.

2 glaring omissions on this list are RA - Uncommon Valour and Holocaust - Silkworm. I think there's too many dope verses to have a top 20 though, it'd be so hard to decide.