Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mayweather V Hatton, Fight of the Yeard

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Default Mayweather V Hatton, Fight of the Yeard

December 8th, Hatton undeafeated in 40-odd fights, holds to world champs, finally gets his fight that hes been asking Floyd for for years.

http://www.hbo.com/boxing/events/2007/247/

these press confs are funny
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=G6pwW83KjU0
    pt 2 http://youtube.com/watch?v=FOvOxaMi9do&feature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostlaced View Post
    December 8th, Hatton undeafeated in 40-odd fights, holds to world champs, finally gets his fight that hes been asking Floyd for for years.

http://www.hbo.com/boxing/events/2007/247/

these press confs are funny
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=G6pwW83KjU0
    pt 2 http://youtube.com/watch?v=FOvOxaMi9do&feature=related
    I cannot wait for this fight, it will be awesome. Ricky Hatton he's good!!!
    18th March 2006

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

gonna be a great fight

Doubt it'll be good, two great fighters, yes, but how they are matched by skill will make up for a boring fight. Mayweather was broing in the De La Hoya fight based on how Floyd goes up against those type of fighters and fighters like Hatton. And all I have to say about Hatton is....

Hatton = Humanface Huggah..... if you know what I'm getting at.

Mayweather will win though, he always comes out on top.
    Last edited by Bg_Knocc_Out; 11-18-2007 at 01:40 PM.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

^^^ I liked the Mayweather/De La Hoya fight. It had good science to it

I agree with Bg Knocc Out, Floyd still showcased his flamboyant style against Hoya . . . which reinstates why he was the victor but . . .

I hope this fight for Floyd does not turn out to be a Roy Jones Jr. case (a secret set-up)

Harlem's Finest

Banned

Mayweather needs to fight once in a while...mix it up. De La Hoya is past his prime and couldnt catch Floyd.
    Mayweather is good, but I dont know about his toughness yet...i think he is afraid to mix it up. Sugar Ray floated like a butterfly, but he got in their and fought.

Until Mayweather actually brawls, he just reminds me of an olympic point boxer....I think he will get caught eventually probly by Hatton.

BTW, that De la hoya, mayweather fight was a joke. It was like an exhibition...worst big fight Ive ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post

BTW, that De la hoya, mayweather fight was a joke. It was like an exhibition...worst big fight Ive ever seen.
    Yea way to much hype, but it at least got boxing back into it's mainstream position that it hasn't had for years, but all it got was a little noticed.

yea its gonna be dope. IM me if u want the mayweather hatton 24/7 episodes

waht will be better for boxing mayweather losing or winning?

Quote Originally Posted by hectis View Post
    waht will be better for boxing mayweather losing or winning?
    Winning 'cause he's going against a Brit! lol, no offense to anyone but having the supposid best in the game (an american) lose to an undefeated Brit puts us under.

Banned

I dont know....I just want to see a great fight, but I dont think Mayweather is the type of fighter people get excited about. You need to actually toe the line and hit and be hit. Think about all the great fights you've ever seen...shit, look up some old footage from the forties and fifties.....thats when they actually fought. There wasn't any pretty boys because they stood in their.

Go to youtube and watch Marcian vs. Archie Moore....those were two warriors....or Frazier/Ali...for all Ali's float like a butterfly talk, he took more shots and stood in there more than anyone. watch his fight with frazier when frazier is just digging at his body with hooks....
    Mayweather can't touch that...none of these boxers nowadays can. Closest was when Gatti and Ward let loose....and actually Pavlik/Taylor was a great fight too...

I hope Hatton messes the pretty boy up.

A Yo NickyTooch, I HAVE to disagree with your feelings on the result of Floyd vs. Hatton.

I don't disagree with your warrior outlook on boxers from earlier years but Floyd's "Pretty Boy" style is flamboyant and innovative. He is different, and his style is focused on finesse and speed.

With time things change naturally. Its the same thing with the technology of the cell phone. Cell Phones used to the size of bricks now they're the size of chicken nuggets.

No disrespect but I'm with Floyd because I like his boxing style.

Harlem's Finest

Banned

Thats fine.....I just think there comes a point in time where tapping someone and running around the ring won't satisfy the judges. I dont really believe his style is all that innovative. There have been many flamboyant people.....Prince Naseem Hamed was like that, but when he got his clock cleaned, you didnt hear much afterwards.

I think Floyd could be a good fighter....he needs to stop being afraid of mixing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    I dont know....I just want to see a great fight, but I dont think Mayweather is the type of fighter people get excited about. You need to actually toe the line and hit and be hit. Think about all the great fights you've ever seen...shit, look up some old footage from the forties and fifties.....thats when they actually fought. There wasn't any pretty boys because they stood in their.

Go to youtube and watch Marcian vs. Archie Moore....those were two warriors....or Frazier/Ali...for all Ali's float like a butterfly talk, he took more shots and stood in there more than anyone. watch his fight with frazier when frazier is just digging at his body with hooks....
    Mayweather can't touch that...none of these boxers nowadays can. Closest was when Gatti and Ward let loose....and actually Pavlik/Taylor was a great fight too...

I hope Hatton messes the pretty boy up.
    Times have changed my friend, 40's 50's almost every boxer had the same style of fighting, things got alittle broader during the time Ali came 'cause he had a style that nobody ever seen, and that motivated people to take on different techniques, that's why things are some much more difficult nowadays in this sport compared to 40's 50's 'cause ya can't just throw haymaker after haymaker, now you gotta figure out your opponent alot more.