Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Mayweather V Hatton, Fight of the Yeard

Prince Rai

lol, but the ref was a bit too overprotective although he did not have to.

regradless however, mayweather was and always will be the better fighter. ricky is good, PBF is better.

Quote Originally Posted by SaqurakiHanamichi View Post
    i knew u were from the uk i knew it ... u had to be
    ^ lol..

Banned

I was just watching an old Ali/Frazier fight and it just reminded me of what a bitch pretty boy really is. He is Roy Jones reincarnated as a fighter. He would be smart to retire now before he starts actually having to fight REAL competitions and start brawling because you can't duck the opponents and criticism forever.

^ Lemme gues, you were watching the marathon of boxing matches today? lol, I was aaaall day with the family.

BUT, quit hatin' on Jones, I really can't recall anyone he's ducked... at all, and come this January, we'll see Trinidad with a loss.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bg_Knocc_Out View Post
    ^ Lemme gues, you were watching the marathon of boxing matches today? lol, I was aaaall day with the family.

BUT, quit hatin' on Jones, I really can't recall anyone he's ducked... at all, and come this January, we'll see Trinidad with a loss.
    Jones ducked people for a while until he finally started fighting dudes. But then he started gettin knocked out. All im sayin is this...you cant anoint someone who hasn't fought the best in his era the greatest. Its not hate.

I didnt watch that, but I got some old fights on tape of Ali/Frazier and of alot of Marciano's fights...and really, I dont know of anyone now who could fuck with these dudes. Maybe the 15 rounds had alot to do with it.....
    They will never do it, but i think they should got back to 15.

Banned

But on a side note....Frazier is probably my all time favorite. He just came at you and fought. And he hit so fucking hard and could take a punch. I love Ali's quote after the thrilla in manila..."Joe Frazier is the greatest fighter of all times, next to me"

As for Pretty Boy....when he was calling Hatton a midget, it was like....well why are you fighting a fucking midget than? Pick on someone your own size and skill. Mosely's ready...margarito's ready.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    Jones ducked people for a while until he finally started fighting dudes. But then he started gettin knocked out. All im sayin is this...you cant anoint someone who hasn't fought the best in his era the greatest. Its not hate.

I didnt watch that, but I got some old fights on tape of Ali/Frazier and of alot of Marciano's fights...and really, I dont know of anyone now who could fuck with these dudes. Maybe the 15 rounds had alot to do with it.....
    They will never do it, but i think they should got back to 15.
    I ain't seen nobody who pumels people as bad as Roy does, sure they weren't the greatest fighters, but nobody could embarass people as bad as Roy could. And Roy only been knocked out twice, and both have been out of his prime, now look at Ali, if I'm not mistaken, he's been KO'd more than twice (correct me if I'm wrong), although he was also out of his prime. Please tell me who Roy was ducking? Just asking, not tryna start shit 'cause I can't exactly show the expressions I really mean to make when I say things. But Roy in his prime is just unstoppable, he is great and figuring his oponants out, and picking his spots and being accurat with his punches, all of that mixed into his unorthodoxed style would be a force to reckon with. Wether or not he's been ducking people, he still is one of my favorites for putting on classic fights and keeping you on the edge of your seat.

Banned

I dont know man. I watched all of Roys fights and I just was never impressed when he would beat up on 35 year old retired cops looking for that one great fight.

Ali may have been beaten more, but take into account the great fighters Ali fought throughout his career....Ken Norton, Frazier 3 times, Foreman, Holmes, Sonny Liston and countless others. Roy doesn't survive that. Roy could have been fighting heavyweight too...
    And when he did, he hand picked John Ruiz, a guy who couldnt squash a grape in a fruitfight as far as heavy weights go.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    I dont know man. I watched all of Roys fights and I just was never impressed when he would beat up on 35 year old retired cops looking for that one great fight.

Ali may have been beaten more, but take into account the great fighters Ali fought throughout his career....Ken Norton, Frazier 3 times, Foreman, Holmes, Sonny Liston and countless others. Roy doesn't survive that. Roy could have been fighting heavyweight too...
    And when he did, he hand picked John Ruiz, a guy who couldnt squash a grape in a fruitfight as far as heavy weights go.
    roy had tremendous skill but the only thing is that he really never fought any one that was really good besides b-hop and lights out but he would never give b-hop a rematch if he had i think b-hop would have given it to roy jones oh and he fought tarver but to be honest tarver is no were as good as b-hop or lights out (as we seen when he was executed)