• 1: Wack

1 25.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nas - Nastradamus

Veteran Member

7/10. Not bad but bad for Nas standards
    Wu Tang Forever.

Boy was this controversial.

Looking back now, there are quite a number of joints that I like.
    'Come Get Me', 'Last Words' (underrated track), 'Family', 'Life We Chose' and 'Project Windows' are all dope. I think 'God Loves Us' is alright, but nothing special.
    The last few tracks really bomb though, and nothing on this album could make up for the absolute shitstorm that is 'You Owe Me' (why Nasir, why???).

FRESH FISH

This album is great.... like 2 tracks are bad.. every other track is nice.... your review is correct! I love this album... 2 tracks short of a NaS classic....

this album isn`t that great at all...the only joint thats o.k is nastradamus.

peace be with you !

Banned

oh man... goin back to when this album was initally released....

niggas thought nas was finished!!!! his street appeal took a hit with a lot of business choices and even his core was guessing him!!!!!

in retrospect theres a few tracks thatd make a best of nas compilation, but this was a trying time for nasir!!!!! album lacked focus and direction, a home girl loaned me carmens tell all (nas' baby mama) and she said nas was going through some shit during the recording!!!!! it was interesting to hear that inside/outside perspective... a lotta personal bed drama!!!!!

it was crazy to watch the momentus comeback come together in stillmatic, its a lesson to anyone thinking about shitting on a sleeping giant!!!!!

If I remember correctly, this album dropped the around same time U-God' Redemption dropped. I was in College at the time and I remember me and my roommate (who was/is the biggest Nas fan I know) sliding down to the old Fat Beats on Mitchell St. (Atlanta) so he can go cop this and me to cop U-God's joint. I remember when we walked in, Cognito (from Mass Influence) & Jax of Binkis (RIP) where crackling up at the fact that I was in there to buy the U-God's Lp when everybody body else and their mother were in there to cop Nas.

Who would have thought that over ten years later the overal consensus would be that Redemption was a better album than this hot piece of garbage, lol

Truth be told, I did like a couple of tracks (Shoot Em' Up, Live We Chose & Last Words) outside of those tracks and Jungle's verse on Quiet Niggas, this shit is a coaster.

This album is garbage, the production is plastic.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    it's millenium thug who features on "my country" ain't it? maybe it's the same person though, i'm not sure about that one..
    Millennium Thug is Nashawn

this album and the last one "n***er" are the worst albums from Nas.

-

LOL@MaskedAvenger hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. LOL@Klap saying Nastradamus is great hahahahahahahahahaha. Nastradamus is trash. Only thing i like about it is the album pictures, Nastradamus and You Owe Me songs LOL.