Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Alphatek's Drum & Bass Dungeon

Money Green Leather Sofa

Default ____________Audio Visual DnB set.....yeah there's video!

hallo~!

Here's a VJ set I put together. I had pre-arranged the mix before hand, but the visuals are being mixed on the fly. The set consists of liquid drum and bass mixed in with some hip hop / r&b. Hope none of y'all are epileptic, lots of flashing lights n' shit....

p.s. don't mind the gas mask.....i just threw that on for fun...

link:
    http://www.vimeo.com/1602941

Playlist:
    Playtime - 28:48

1) Mutt - Kush Talk
    2) Chamillionaire - Turn it Up (RMX)
    3) Utah Jazz - Cloud Nine
    4) M.I.A. - Paper Planes (RMX)
    5) High Contrast - Twilights Last Gleaming
    6) Young Buck - Shorty Wanna Ride (RMX)
    7) Commix ft. Steve Spacek - How You Gonna Feel
    8) Lil'Wayne - Leather So Soft (RMX)
    9) Utah Jazz - La Cinta
    10) Camp Lo - Luchini (RMX)
    11) High Contrast - Make it Tonight
    12) Lil'Kim - Lighters Up (RMX)
    13) Tommy Knocker - Marmalade Sky
    14) Twista & Jamie Foxx - Slow Jamz (RMX)
    15) Utah Jazz - The Message
    16) Beastie Boys - So Whatcha Want? (RMX)
    17) Atlantic Connection ft. Lynx - Danger Zone
    18) Lloyd - Girls all Around the World (RMX)

thanx for listening/watching!

ok buddy, theres already a thread for DnB so im moving this there

Crazy Optician.

YES! summer holidays are over and the shitty Autumn/Winter has started...... But the good news is that DnB nights gallore are gonna be happening! I already have every Saturday night planned out for like the next 3 months!

Oct4th Dj Hype and Futurebound (few other nobodys)
    Oct11th Raekwon with back up from Beardyman and Crafty Kuts (beardy man is fuckin awesome)
    Oct18th Shy-FX (a bit girly but i dnt care) and Andy C (also a few other nobodys)

Then we got the likes of Highcontrast, London Electricity cant remember what else is coming up.....

OHHH wait THIS IS GONNA BE A SICK NIGHT: Sat 6th December DJ Yoda, Jeru the Damaja!!! and..... AND TC + Mr JAKES!! What a variety of different sounding artists!

The list goes on and on but i cant be arsed writing anymore. next few months are gonna be heaven for me!

Crazy Optician.

Ohh yea anyone heard this track yet?

twisted individual - hand grenade( dj clipz remix)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f_oz...eature=related

Killer Tune!

Default The Drum and Bass/Jungle Thread

Big dnb/jungle fan so if people feel this thread i will keep on posting all styles in it , I don't know if people like dnb or not. .

Classic song in dnb, those samples fuck me up in the head big time. dark and dirty.

Classic, one of my all time favourite songs and my favourite dnb song.

One of my favourite producers and one of the best basslines ever. nasty.

Beautiful song especially with the vocal samples.

For those that don't know dnb/garage/dubstep\other electronic genres in the UK also heavily utilise mcing. There's some quality mcing in drum and bass. (although different from US hip hop for obvious reasons)

Classic radio set. 90's business

Don;t know how they remember all these bars and fuck knows how mc's double time, its a different dimension and style to emceeing from the US,
    inspired by the Jamaican tradition of toasting (itself loosely derived from West Africa)

Serious double timing and flow and 4:10.
    Last edited by Shadow Demon; 05-31-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Was a big LTJ Bukem fan. Still am. Mixmag 3 (also knows as Mixmag 21) and Rebirth are two of my favourite lps ever. Logical Progression 1 is also brilliant. His later stuff is good but its the early stuff that is classic for me. Lot of good releases from that record label too - again my pref is the early intelligent d+b stuff - BigBud - Blame etc.

The best musical night of my life was seeing him play in my town - total fuckin mentality. Lovely happy vibe - everyone off their nut getting into this killer groove. The MCing by DRS and Conrad was something else also. Happy days. (Edit - agree very much it not hiphop style MCing - very different but well impressive when it's right)
    Last edited by New Hills 36; 05-31-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Veteran Member

good thread

i leave some raggajungle videos, its d&b ( mo hard) wit ragga mcs on it
    hope u like it

Quote Originally Posted by New Hills 36 View Post
    Was a big LTJ Bukem fan. Still am. Mixmag 3 (also knows as Mixmag 21) and Rebirth are two of my favourite lps ever. Logical Progression 1 is also brilliant. His later stuff is good but its the early stuff that is classic for me. Lot of good releases from that record label too - again my pref is the early intelligent d+b stuff - BigBud - Blame etc.

The best musical night of my life was seeing him play in my town - total fuckin mentality. Lovely happy vibe - everyone off their nut getting into this killer groove. The MCing by DRS and Conrad was something else also. Happy days. (Edit - agree very much it not hiphop style MCing - very different but well impressive when it's right)
    Yeah I like LTJ (what i've heard you know the obvious ones like Atlantis- heavy tune)

I think people nowadays are generally frustrated with him because Good Looking Records has a non existent release schedule and aside from him he has talent like Furney

aLSO have you heard of Fracture/Paradox/Neptune- I think they can be broadly classified as intelligent dnb, I know Paradox deffo uses chopped up breakbeats etc.
    Last edited by Shadow Demon; 05-31-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Monk View Post
    good thread

i leave some raggajungle videos, its d&b ( mo hard) wit ragga mcs on it
    hope u like it

This is like Breakcore right? I can't really get into it (need my dnb breakbeats tbh)

I heard Venetian Snares is pretty big.

Also if u like ragga jungle listen to:

Serial Killaz
    David Boomah
    Top Cat
    General Levy (-Ali G)
    Shy FX/Uk Apache- I'm sure u know classic
    Serum
    Bladerunner
    Visionary
    Aries

Veteran Member

yes breakcore mixed wit ragga

I expected this thread from a dude with a metalheadz avatar, lmao

But yeah, I'm an old dnb head. I see dnb as being more of a 90's/early 00's thing but my musical interest always evolves and dubstep has been my main focal point as of 2010+

I wonder what cross-genre amalgamation will take over my head in the next few years.....

^ haha joker, i also chose it cuz its a dope logo. truth be told metalheadz isnt my favourite label but some serious gold on there.

i like dubstep but i cant be bothered to delve in it, i prefer dnb still tho. i find gash dubstep is more gash than gash dnb tho

some my fav dubstep. Most stuff i like is the older stuff not the newer when i really got into it.

Excellent drum patterns

Anthem

Are you stupid? Skepta is a wasteman tho, for real, can't really rap.

More wu tang than wu tang.

Heavy

^ cheers man - will check out those suggestions. Agree dnb is late 90s/early 00's but have dabbled a bit mostly unsuccessfully in dubstep - maybe im getting too old - but that Burial is good stuff.

This is the album id recommend from LTJ - http://www.amazon.com/Mixmag-Live-3-...8505796&sr=8-1
    Last edited by New Hills 36; 05-31-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Back in the 80's I was a metal kid so it's good to see EDM go full circle and start to implement it again.

Right now 'SKEPTIKS' is my ish...

FUCK YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by New Hills 36 View Post
    ^ cheers man - will check out those suggestions. Agree dnb is late 90s/early 00's but have dabbled a bit mostly unsuccessfully in dubstep - maybe im getting too old - but that Burial is good stuff.

This is the album id recommend from LTJ - http://www.amazon.com/Mixmag-Live-3-...8505796&sr=8-1
    Cheers dude!