Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New album news 22nd Nov 07

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

^^ Not on the 17 track listing from the Wu Music Group site.

Don't get me wrong though I don't believe any lists til I listen to the album. It's Wu - I won't even believe the back of the case!

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

oops

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Veteran Member

Im trusting Spin & HHC, they actually HEARD the album and posted the tracks on the album in order minus the 2 Euro, thats pretty much official

I read a review of Bulletproof wallets before it came out that said the track with Slick Rick was one of their favourites, so right or wrong it's not official til it's spinning in your player.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

that would suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck if Rushing Elephants is left off..

we know this: they DID say the tracklisting would be changed around after Rae and Ghost's comments so the question then is-----is the tracklisting that's floating around (ending in Watch Your Mouth with 2 skits) the one BEFORE they tinkered or AFTER..

i would think if Rza was tryin to answer their complaints he would have kept Rushing Elephants on there that shit is too crazy man..

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

i'm just gonna assume/hope that ALL the tracks we've heard so far (Rushing Elephants, Watch Your Mouth and all) will be on the album...that's it, i'm goin with it

I've got into a good position, where it's all got so over dramatic and farcical, that I don't actually care anymore. I can't be dissapointed now, I can only be pleasantly surprised!

Veteran Member

I read a review of Bulletproof wallets before it came out that said the track with Slick Rick was one of their favourites, so right or wrong it's not official til it's spinning in your player

Okay but how close was that review to BPW actual release date? Do you really think they have enough time since the review was made on the 19th to change anything up till Dec 11th?

Not to mention, WATCH UR MOUTH IS NOT ON IT!! RZA said himself it was cut due to sample clearance in the BET interview, that tracklisting is as official as it gets

^^ Come on, release dates slip. It wouldn't be a shock if this one did...again.

I'm not saying you're not right, I'm just saying we can't be sure.
    Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 11-22-2007 at 11:54 PM.

Veteran Member

Okay then...FOR NOW that tracklisting is the correct one, until say "8D is Delayed until December whatever" they change whatever

Haha, yeah, it's all good.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

what ever i'm copping it from amazon anyways

The Fifth Arch Angel Soldier of Darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GSTYLE View Post
    why is it a travesty? Its a known fact that Wu have been consistently popular in Europe wheereas in America their popularity has dropped dramatically. Secondly hip hop is worldwide- it dnt matter where your from the be a true fan, Europeans deserve it as much as US fans. Thirdly, it would obviously be down to a money spinning deal/promo, otherwise why wud they do it? if it makes more money for Wu, or helps push the album, who cares, u can buy a cd from a european websit the way fans from europe have to every fuckin time the American release is different, or the hit aint released in europe!

lastly, who the fuck iz u to say anythin about hip hop justice? buy the album from a non-US website, play the shit and quit bitchin.
    well, here's a fuckin clue: Wu-Tang are... uhh.. wait..... where are they from again?

Your point would make more sense if this was, say... a Cilvaringz CD that was only coming out in Netherlands or some shit. THEN... maybe Then it would make sense for an AMERICAN to order it from a EURO-PEON site. If the artists you like are AMERICAN (which, obviously they are, seeing as the rest of the world puts out pretty shitty music) you order them from an AMERICAN site and have em shipped to EUROPE.

But... NEW YORK CITY (where Wu-Tang Clan is from) is in.... shit.. what's that country called? World's biggest assholes?

OH YEAH -- THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA

now gimme my FUCKIN bonus tracks...

last time i ordered foreign to get bonus tracks, it was an extra $10 (NOT incl. shipping) and we got the perpetual dumbfounding misery that is Sunshower and Projects International Remix.... a lesson i learned from and won't repeat.

[hate all you want -- you know i'm right (esp. on that last point)]
    Last edited by Soldier of Darkness; 11-23-2007 at 02:18 AM.

"A soldier of the darkness / Kidnap an emcee for a hostage"
    - Madman (nka 9th Prince)

Could it be to do with sample clearance? Can some samples get cleared for some countries but not others? Like how different distribution companies can hold the rights to a film in different countries. Would be interesting to know.

The bonus track from Iron Flag (The W) was one of, if not the, best tracks on the album, so it does pay off sometimes. Also if it's an ODB track from the 36 Chambers days, then it surely must be good (especially thought you'd be keen on that Soldier).

The Fifth Arch Angel Soldier of Darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Humanface Huggah View Post

I couldn't put it any better myself...

Nice find!

"A soldier of the darkness / Kidnap an emcee for a hostage"
    - Madman (nka 9th Prince)