Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some One Needs To Sign This Cat To Wu Latino

word love is love.. hopefully they can keep up they can keep up the success from this point on.
    http://images.meez.com/user07/3/9/3/0/8/3/9/3930839_bodyshot_175x233.gif

I Think They Need To Sign Tempo Also And Give Him N Mexicano Control Of The Wu Latino That Would Be Mad Dope

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by skampoe View Post
    I Think They Need To Sign Tempo Also And Give Him N Mexicano Control Of The Wu Latino That Would Be Mad Dope
    You must have no idea how the entertainment industry works. That's like saying- "They should give me control of McDonald's cause I eat a lot of Big Macs!"

Tempo is supposedly signing with El Cartel Records, and you don't give control of a record label to an artist who has absolutely no business experience.

Don't bother responding to Skampoe.....he's too busy trying to live out his rap fantasies on the streets of bridgeport

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

fuck u^

FOLLOW!!

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

Problem with any 'Wu Latino' type thing is it makes the artists sound like Wu-Tang junior. Like they're just some friends of RZA that he promised he'd get a little promotion for. It doesn't help that they're in the shadow of a group that itself is in decline impact and sales wise.

They would have been better off just creating a stand alone label, rather than making everything Wu something. I would have thought they'd realised years ago that stamping Wu on stuff doesn't make it sell.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Spinx,

No offense but it doesn't sound from your statements that you know much about the music industry. Wu Tang has many surrogates, but Wu Tang Latino is a record label- not an attempt to integrate artists into the Wu Tang Clan. The Wu Tang Clan has nine members- period.

Furthermore, Wu Tang Latino is not an attempt to ride any "Wu" bandwagon and sell based on the "Wu" symbol, rather it was a collaboration of logic between the Rza and Rayroq Acosta who together saw a market, decided to exploit that market, and chose a name that was familiar and related to one of it's founders who also happens to be the founder of the Wu Tang Clan. Wu Tang Latino is the Rza's label... what other name would he give it??? We don't intend to ride ANY bandwagons, rather we will be marketed, promoted, and sold according to our own qualities as artists. Maybe this is too difficult a concept for you to understand given your negative view of the current condition of the WU, but it is a simple concept for our target audience.

Personally, I am not trying to imitate anything WU other than what comes to me naturally like my propensity to go against the norm. I think my philosophy of music is also in tune with WU principles, but that is not to say I am trying to use the WU to market myself. YES I represent Wu Latino to the fullest, and I will as long as I am offered the opportunity to.

You can't judge a label, it's artists, and our music on the premise that you disagree with the decision to incorporate the Wu name into a label which has little to do with the original 9 members... you should judge us according to our music, and if this isn't your type of music then you understand why you are not our target audience.

The W does wield power and respect- despite your claims of recent diminished quality, etc. Our audience is not going to judge our music based on naivette and comparison to the Wu Tang Clan, rather they will assess our music according to their tastes, the quality of music we bring, our creativeness, etc. That is all you need to worry about...

My point remains the same. When I see the word Wu on something I usually just think "I've got the whole Wu thing covered, I don't need a half arsed spin off". It doesn't matter what it actually is, that's gonna be a lot of peoples reaction.

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Spinx View Post
    My point remains the same. When I see the word Wu on something I usually just think "I've got the whole Wu thing covered, I don't need a half arsed spin off". It doesn't matter what it actually is, that's gonna be a lot of peoples reaction.
    So you are admitting to making a prejudgement based on ignorance. Like I said- our target audience will judge us according to our qualities and abilities as artists, not on that type of thinking. Sure "that's gonna be a lot of people's reaction", but curiosity killed the cat but the mouse benefitted, right? The same people who are bound to have that reaction- unless completely hardheaded and not open to new music- will also LISTEN to our music before making a judgement. I don't know how old you are, but it's a little immature to just say "oh, it's a wu spinoff, it must suck". It's also hypocritical given the assumption that you are a Wu fan. If you have gotten to the point where you think anything associated with WU sucks- rather than thinkin' "hmm... maybe there's something to it if Rza gives it his time and money", then you have already given up on the WU and you are not part of our target audience. Don't get me wrong- I appreciate any fan who even gives my music a listen- but I have a clear target audience based on my own tastes of music and that's what keeps my music authentic. This ridiculousness that my quality is somehow diminished because I am associated with WU under a "spinoff" imprint is not only against rational thought, it's against industry trends, marketing trends, and social trends.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but if it has nothing to do with my actual music then why would I give a shit?

No, I'm stating that no one has time to get hold of every cd released and check it out. So, you use what you've learned in life to make judgements without having all the facts. Do you know how many Wu associated acts there are? If I listened to every single one myself, I'd have no time to work/sleep/fuck/eat etc. And as for RZA's time and money, he's spent that on Freemurda, so the guy clearly doesn't get everything right.

As for you giving a shit, I never asked you to. I stated to the other corp members my opinion on the problem with the Wu name being used in certain ways. I don't actually know who you are. First I knew you were an artist was when you just stated it.

Dunno why you felt the need to call me ignorant either. I was giving my opinion on the use of the word Wu and was actually getting at the idea that you might be better off with a different label title (actually trying to be helpful towards the Wu-Latino artists). It was my opinion and I stand by it. You wanna talk ignorance though, learn how to use paragraphs.
    Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 03-14-2008 at 09:44 AM.

We can get into some retarded discussion on the proper use of paragraphs, but I already graduated High School, buddy. No need for a new paragraph when the subject line remains the same, and no new ideas have been introduced... now that you've had your second grade English lesson...

I didn't call you ignorant- I said you based an assumption on ignorance to which you admitted prior to my response, and in your rebuttal (So, you use what you've learned in life to make judgements without having all the facts... basically, ignorance).

Like I said before- the WU name is not going to diminish the quality of my music. You assume we can somehow be aided in marketing, promotion, etc. by using a label name that does not include WU (which wields international recognition), and what? Use a name that noone has heard of? How is that more beneficial? Again- you know nothing about the industry. Just because a show fails on ABC doesn't mean all other shows will move to NBC, and it doesn't mean no other TV producers will present their show ideas to ABC... again, you are basing this judgement on ignorance (ignorance, my friend, means you do not know).

As for my being an artist, that has nothing to do with my position or yours other than the fact that you are making a judgement on my music without listening to it. Again- ignorance. How can you not expect me to use that word when that is what you are displaying?

I could have just copy and pasted my last post as a rebuttal to yours because you haven't said anything different, and you have ignored every point I made. How is this productive? Rather than keep on assuming, make a true assessment based on the merits of the art, or keep your ignorant statements to yourself. You can cry all you want about the fact that Wu Tang Latino is a label with a name you don't like, but you have to be insane to think that will have any effect on our organization- so deal with it.

Claiming to be helping the artists? What artists? Have you listened to us? Can you name any of us? How are you helping someone you know nothing about? How can you fix something when you don't know it's function, effectiveness, or design flaws? You can't... and that's why I used and keep using the word "ignorance".

YEAH YEAH... Lets get Daddy Yankee up in this shit too lol.

Make a fucking hit...

Me gusta la gasolina/Wu-Tang!!! Wu-Tang!!!/ me encanta la gasolina/ SUUUUUU!!!!!

Wu Latino Aint Goin No Where! Not Untill Theres A Artist With God Status From P.r On That Label!

FOLLOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by skampoe View Post
    Wu Latino Aint Goin No Where! Not Untill Theres A Artist With God Status From P.r On That Label!
    Skampoe you are too insignificant to the genre to even have an opinion. Too bad you can't address the quality issues with your own music- instead you choose to attack our own based on your insecurities. You're mad because noone has approached you or expressed interest in you as an artist, and rather than embracing the movement you attack it because you weren't invited to be part of it. You're like the deformed Spartan on the 300...

By the way, you're a wannabe "god". On your page you labeled Master Farad as Elijah Muhammad and vice versa... you might want to correct that.
    Last edited by WuLatino- MANGANI; 06-25-2008 at 10:16 AM.