Thread: Ghostface Killah - The Big Doe Rehab

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Oztradamus

Default Ghostface Killah - The Big Doe Rehab

Upon 1st listen, it already sounds better than 8 Diagrams

Ghostface never disappoints..

01 Skit - At the Cabana Skit [ft. Rhythm Roots Allstars]
    02 Toney Sigel a.k.a the Barrel Brothers [ft. Beanie Sigel and Solomon Childs] no Styles P. on it!
    03 Yolanda's House [ft. Raekwon and Method Man]
    04 We Celebrate [ft. Kid Capri]
    05 Walk Around
    06 Yapp City [ft. Trife Da God, Solomon Childs and Sun God]
    07 White Linen Affair (Toney Awards) [ft. Shawn Wigs]
    08 Supa GFK
    09 Rec-Room Therapy [ft. Raekwon and U-God]
    10 Skit - The Prayer [performed by Ox]
    11 I'll Die for You
    12 Paisley Darts [ft. Raekwon, Sun God, Trife Da God, Method Man, and Cappadonna]
    13 Skit - ! [ft. Rhythm Roots Allstars]
    14 Shakey Dog Starring Lolita [ft. Raekwon]
    15 Killa Lipstick [ft. Method Man and Masta Killa]
    16 Slow Down [ft. Chrisette Michele]
    Last edited by Oztradamus; 11-27-2007 at 06:22 PM.

yea man this album shits on 8 diagrams
    ghost has it together.

Herbivore

fuck that, no where near as good as 8d, but it is better than more fish and fishcale.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    fuck that, no where near as good as 8d, but it is better than more fish and fishcale.
    co sign
    niggaz say its bettah than 8 d cuz ghost has his shit 2gether n all this contreversy is fuckin up da vibe of 8 diagrams

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    Thats because your a vegan.... vegans don't like fishes

Hahahaha get it? failed atempt at humor, I know......... I'll just take on the more serious cut-the-bullshit type man...

FRESH FISH

Damn... this shit is pretty nice... i am on that track with Rae and U-God and i have liked all the tracks i heard so far.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

http://music.defjam.com/www2/av_play...&cms_site_id=1

Listening to it on the website^ It sounds good so far.

slow down -nice track

A solid Album, but for some reason it feels incomplete. It's good all around; but it just doesn't have that Ironman or Supreme Clientele feel. 4/5 for now. Maybe it'll grow on me.

it's your typical soulfull ghost joint, no surprises. it's a very repetitive though. I felt like i already heard the album the first time i listened to it. Im a huge fan of Ghost, but i feel like he lost it a bit some way. I know this is the music he loves to do and i respect that, and i respect that Def Jam let him do his thing. But i just feel like Ghost should do much better, he should be making classics, maybe he should wait a couple of years between his projects, this sounds so rushed. and who produced it? it doesnt sound he had a budget to make this album, it sounds like one guy did the whole thing...
    im not surprised, cous i knew it would be something like this. it's just another Ghostface album, in the vein of everything else he has done since Supreme Clientele. it's a pretty good joint, with some bangers, some decents shit and some garbage. Theres only 13 tracks, and 3 or 4 of them are wack. it's on par with Pretty Tony and BPW, better than More Fish, but far from Fishscale, and worlds from Supreme Clientele and Ironman.

The people on here saying it's much better than 8 diagrams is fucking nuts! productionwise the shit is aight, but very repititive, and i think i'll become bored with it pretty quick. I felt like i've heard a lot of the beats before, for me the album is saved by the featurings, which is fucking nice. But seriously, 8 Diagrams is music on a whole other level. But hey, to each his own...

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inditing dane View Post

The people on here saying it's much better than 8 diagrams is fucking nuts! production wise the shit is aight, but very repititive, and i think i'll become bored with it pretty quick. I felt like i've heard a lot of the beats before, for me the album is saved by the featurings, which is fucking nice. But seriously, 8 Diagrams is music on a whole other level. But hey, to each his own...
    8 diagrams music wise on another level. this is one of the first wu albums that have musicality too meaning it can be duplicated and played instrumentally by a band yall motherfuckers don't understand how music needs to be accessable to others through not just lyrics but the sound and the sound is five years ahead of what cats are doing right now prolly even 10 years ahead beat wise i give RZA allot credit and the generals don't see what RZA see's because they don't make beats nah mean theres a different mind set when your producing a beat son you go through different mental atmospheres and this what RZA did with the Afro Samurai sound track which was almost a prelude to 8 Diagrams i bet yall ain't even peep the afro and kill bill samples in there

The Fifth Arch Angel Soldier of Darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS View Post
    8 diagrams music wise on another level. this is one of the first wu albums that have musicality too meaning it can be duplicated and played instrumentally by a band yall motherfuckers don't understand how music needs to be accessable to others
    obviously you never heard the El Michels Affair shit where they recreate like 10 CLASSIC wu songs with a 4-piece jazz ensemble... They managed to do it just fine with the older, grimier beats... rendering your argument worthless.

8D's beats =

i'm still trying to figure out how anyone likes the "Take It Back" beat... that shit is straight-up boring, what a waste of album space.

"A soldier of the darkness / Kidnap an emcee for a hostage"
    - Madman (nka 9th Prince)

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS View Post
    8 diagrams music wise on another level. this is one of the first wu albums that have musicality too meaning it can be duplicated and played instrumentally by a band yall motherfuckers don't understand how music needs to be accessable to others through not just lyrics but the sound and the sound is five years ahead of what cats are doing right now prolly even 10 years ahead beat wise i give RZA allot credit and the generals don't see what RZA see's because they don't make beats nah mean theres a different mind set when your producing a beat son you go through different mental atmospheres and this what RZA did with the Afro Samurai sound track which was almost a prelude to 8 Diagrams i bet yall ain't even peep the afro and kill bill samples in there
    Fuck me mate, are you afraid of punctuation or something?

Two things about what you said though:

Firstly I don't think 8D is as revolutionary musically as you think, you obviouslly just don't listen to that much non mainstream hip-hop. From your post, someone who knew nothing about hip-hop would never guess that there are actually whole hip-hop albums out there with the beats provided by live instrumentation.

Secondly, even if 'the generals don't see what RZA see's', it's not his place to enforce it on a group project. He can go and make a RZA or bobby Digital album that won't be understodd til 2349 if he wants, but for a group project, descisions should be made by the group.
    Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 12-04-2007 at 08:45 AM.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

I don't hear it at all. I listened to that ghost album and I was completely bored. Yes, I have heard worse albums and I'm not comparing this to other albums because I never listened to Fishscale, More Fish, or Pretty Toney more than once. But on it's own, Big Doe Rehab is not good. It sounds so predictable music wise like Masta Killa's second album. Basically...basic beat...take a sample....repeat it over and over. Hell, even the samples are uninteresting. This sounds like the type of stuff I hear kids in the Midwest doing when they think they're trying to create "real hip-hop." And for those who want to try compare this to Supreme Clientele...maybe but all I have to say is...where is Stroke of Death, a song built around a single scratch. Like I said, BDR is just not that good.