16 15.24%
  • Mediocore

8 7.62%
  • Wack

5 4.76%
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Ghostface Killah - The Big Doe Rehab

este sitio es una mierda drippie k's Avatar

this album SHITS on fishscale bigtime, i love this fuckin cd...yolanda's house beat is so fuckin chill man, i love it...there aint one track on here i dont like
    cash rules. still don't nothin move but the money

Veteran Member

Banger. This LP is dope but let's drop the skits. A few tracks wasn't on par w/the rest of the LP. Overrall,Ghost delivers again. Outside of More Fish,Ghost serves up a dope LP
    Wu Tang Forever.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

I don't mind reviewing this one.

01 Skit - At the Cabana Skit [ft. Rhythm Roots Allstars]

02 Toney Sigel a.k.a the Barrel Brothers [ft. Beanie Sigel and Solomon Childs]
    A good way to start the album off. I won't lie the beat isn't too great but they both deliver on here lyrically. Ghostface starts it off pretty good on here on some grimey shit but I think Beanie Sigel was raw on here, straight gutter on some Philly shit. The chemistry on here was great. 4/5

03 Yolanda's House [ft. Raekwon and Method Man]
    This is no doubt one of the best tracks on the album. The chemistry on here is undeniable. The beat is crazy and the storytelling is at it's finest. Sounds like a classic Wu type of story. Ghostface comes in great, his storytelling has always been. Method Man did a great job on here, I was actually surprised by his performance. I like how Rae just comes in like "I need my money..." this shit is a straight up 5/5.

04 We Celebrate [ft. Kid Capri]
    This a little banger right here. Alot of people don't like this too much. It's cool for a radio joint. The video is pretty good. But that's about it. 3.5/5

05 Walk Around
    Ghostface is spazzing out on this track. He had to catch a body real quick. I love the vivid story telling on this track. The beat accompanies the story very well. This is up there with Shakey Dog IMO. He proves he is still strong in this department. 4/5

06 Yapp City [ft. Trife Da God, Solomon Childs and Sun God]
    I'm feeling this joint right here. My favorite verse goes to Sun God on here though. His flow is perfect with the beat and he just goes in with it. Solomon on the hook is also a plus on here. All Mc's delivered on here, this is a raw cut right here. 4/5

07 White Linen Affair (Toney Awards) [ft. Shawn Wigs]
    LOL. This is a funny track right here. I love the concept on this one though, this could've been better without Shawn Wigs though. You can picture the whole scenery in this track. LOL at Ghost introducing Shawn Wigs. But that's about it, the track lost steam when he came in....Ghost picks it up. LOL "She fucked O.J.". This is a nice Ghost track. 3.5/5

08 Supa GFK
    I wan't feeling this track at first, I like when Ghostface spits over these types of beats right here. Although Redman got him on his version. I think Ghost did a pretty good job on this one. Toney Starks Radio. 4/5

09 Rec-Room Therapy [ft. Raekwon and U-God]
    This is another ill track. Sounds like some jungle hood shit on here. They taking it back on this one. Ghostface comes in with the heat spitting them ill dartz "Jay Cutler on dust, when I Blam Shit". He passes the torch to Raekwon and it even lights up more, he's smooth on here on some mafia shit, what more can you ask for. U-God comes in on here and rips this shit. He is straight raw on here "Bitch don't hug me, bug me, I'm ugly when I fuck". This is a wu-banger. 4.5/5

10 Skit - The Prayer [performed by Ox]

11 I'll Die for You
    This is a personal track right here. Ghostface definitely delivers the heat on here. Talking about the real and the fake all on one track. "With no questions asked, I already know it's all for the cause, just lay me facing the east when I'm under the floor", You can tell this this is some serious shit man. This beat accompanies Ghost very well, I like the last verse alot, just exposes fake clowns. This is one of my favorites on here. 4.5/5

12 Paisley Darts [ft. Raekwon, Sun God, Trife Da God, Method Man, and Cappadonna]
    This is my shit right here. Actually this is my ringtone. Ghostface starts this one off crazy spitting some ill shit, Raekwon Delivers, Sun God Delivers, Method Man delivers crazy on here, He needs to spit like this on his own albums. Cappadonna was ok on here and even though some may say the beat is repetitive there are too many ill Mc's and ill dartz being thrown on the track to be worried about that. 4.5/5

Shakey Dog Starring Lolita [ft. Raekwon]
    This is the part 2 of Shakey Dog on Fishscale. This is pretty dope right here, I wasn't into it too much, but when you listening to the story it just grabs you. You can picture just about every scene. 4/5

Skit - ! [ft. Rhythm Roots Allstars]

15 Killa Lipstick [ft. Method Man and Masta Killa]
    This one right here is pretty great. Ghostface is dating Killer Hit(Females) LOL. Pretty dope. Method Man on the hook boosts this track up by one point. Masta Killa is so smooth on here with the flow, he takes it from when he comes in and leaves. This is a great Wu cut. 4.5/5

16 Slow Down [ft. Chrisette Michele]

One of my favorites on the album. Ghostface just reflects on his life and I'm loving this shit. I'm definitely feeling this one right here. He just goes in all day. The hook is very very great. This a great outro to a pretty good album. Ghost delivers again. 5/5

Beats - 4/5
    Lyrics - 4.5/5
    Overall - 4/5 (8.5/10)

This is a pretty Solid release by Ghostface. The album flows togther well. He still is Great lyrically. There are actually Wu-Tang Guest spots on this album and all the tracks they are on are bangers. This Album is very ill. Ghostface shows us his more personal side and even though this is a 4.5/5 in my book I'mma give it a 4 here. But this is still a great album. Ghost never disappoints. ****Overall 4/5****
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 12-14-2008 at 04:14 PM.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

09 Rec-Room Therapy [ft. Raekwon and U-God]
    This is another ill track. Sounds like some jungle hood shit on here. They taking it back on this one. Ghostface comes in with the heat spitting them ill dartz "Jay Cutler on dust, when I Blam Shit". He passes the torch to Raekwon and it even lights up more, he's smooth on here on some mafia shit, what more can you ask for. U-God comes in on here and rips this shit. He is straight raw on here "Bitch don't hug me, bug me, I'm ugly when I fuck". This is a wu-banger. 4.5/5

11 I'll Die for You
    This is a personal track right here. Ghostface definitely delivers the heat on here. Talking about the real and the fake all on one track. "With no questions asked, I already know it's all for the cause, just lay me facing the east when I'm under the floor", You can tell this this is some serious shit man. This beat accompanies Ghost very well, I like the last verse alot, just exposes fake clowns. This is one of my favorites on here. 4.5/5

12 Paisley Darts [ft. Raekwon, Sun God, Trife Da God, Method Man, and Cappadonna]
    This is my shit right here. Actually this is my ringtone. Ghostface starts this one off crazy spitting some ill shit, Raekwon Delivers, Sun God Delivers, Method Man delivers crazy on here, He needs to spit like this on his own albums. Cappadonna was ok on here and even though some may say the beat is repetitive there are too many ill Mc's and ill dartz being thrown on the track to be worried about that. 4.5/5
    agree with you hollow on this shit right here this is definately a 4 out 5 darts right ghost goes hard in this and made a good follow up after the mess of more fish but these tracks are my shit right here ghost and the whole clan just are monsters with the right beats they prove they got it. i think if a clan album was executively produced by ghost it would be a bang similarly the way he had hands on approach on wu forever

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Agreed.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

to inditing dane,

Agree with all of your points. i just want to say, U-God gives the best performance on the whole disc. This and More Fish feel like leftovers, not albums, but exceptional leftovers. I think Shawn Wigs ruins "White Linen Affair". The only Ghost album this beats is More Fish. Bulletproof, Fishscale and Pretty Toney all tried to do something different and succeeded for the most part, so I like them more. But this one just played it safe and revisits old styles mostly. I hope he's just sharpening up to drop a real masterpiece in the future and not getting lazy.
    Last edited by Sam the Seed; 12-21-2008 at 02:25 AM.
    "Why are you looking hard with a hood on and Timberland boots, staring at me for one hour..? When you could walk up and shake my hand? Why?"

Kool Keith, "Intro" Black Elvis/Lost in Space

This shit is definately a banger....don't see how some cats said it was better than fishscale though. Fishscale was more of a complete sound and feel.
    After listening to Big Doe a 100 times, some of the beats sound a little too simple, but the shit is still hot. I love the Latin intro(carlito's way type shit) this really gets you ready for some good shit. Didn't understand why slow down wasn't in the middle of the album somewhere instead of it being a bonus joint.

Big Doe > more fish
    Big Doe> pretty toney(not by much)
    Big Doe= Bulletproof wallets

Veteran Member

banger no doubt

Banned

I voted "superior." Album is dope and Ghost officialy holds the title of the best General in the 2000's. All the dopest Wu stuff came from Ghost bar The W.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Ghost is my all time favourite rapper

end of story: classic

I have to be honest and say I think this is mostly shit.

You know I felt a bit guilty about my post above so I decided to spend some time with this again. Probably didn't listen too much when 8D came out so soon after. It's not mostly shit - I was harsh wit that.

I do expect better from Ghost though but the above was WAY too harsh

Peace

An act of God

Re-listened to this album for the first time in months, I agree with how I felt when I first bought it, it is much better than 8 diagrams.

Every track on here has great lyrics, the boasting most think is cliche is actually pretty cool imo

I like Yolandas house, Supa GFK, Celebrate, rec room, walk around, the prayer was actually convincing even if dude was a little nasal, I'll die for you, paisely darts...

Pretty nice little album.
    For some reason though, this feels like an EP.
    Some tracks feel ... almost heavier than others and longer than others for some reason.

Ironman and Supreme Clientele are Classics!
    This is a banga....